• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Need some advice on where can I buy some big pieces of plastic sheet or cloth to cover my furniture during minor home reno period?

TIA.

Raymondism and Angcheek praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I believe you are referring to plastic drop sheets?

eg. 

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/40270-nippons-plastic-drop-cloth-our-woes-of-staying-in-while-renovating/

Can get from hardware shops that sell paint, each pc about 9ftx12ft, should cost $2 or less.

2BDriver and RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Naimed
  • Premium member
    Naimed
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Need some advice on where can I buy some big pieces of plastic sheet or cloth to cover my furniture during minor home reno period?

TIA.

You can get plastic drop cloth from Nippon Paint or other paint manufacturers from the local hardware shop. Usually come in 3m x 4m size.

RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

TIA.

Any shop selling paint (those painting house paint) and each cost about $3.80 per piece of 4m by 6m. ^_^

Edited by Picnic06, 13 October 2014 - 10:51 AM.

RH1667 praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

can get at homeFix at the paint section

RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

TIA.

Bro RH1667,

Good Morning.

Yes, like what Bro Etnt mentioned is correct, I got mine(below picture) from Paints Shop near my house along Balestier Road.

Attached Thumbnails

• PA130001.JPG

Fcw75 and RH1667 praised this

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

HomeFix quite expensive, same for DIY store. ^_^

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

TIA.

any hardware shop................each pcs of plastic can cover the floor of a room............I think is like 80 cents or $1.20 each............ :D :D

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Hi,

TIA.

I bought a lot of the plastic sheet during the 2 weeks upgrading at my block, $1.50 per pack near the left corner shop of Blk 18 Jalan Sultan.
RH1667 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I believe you are referring to plastic drop sheets?

eg. 

http://www.renotalk....ile-renovating/

Can get from hardware shops that sell paint, each pc about 9ftx12ft, should cost $2 or less.

Thank you Bro Etnt,

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

any hardware shop................each pcs of plastic can cover the floor of a room............I think is like 80 cents or $1.20 each............ :D :D

Half the room lah, but can cover one side of the wall.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can get plastic drop cloth from Nippon Paint or other paint manufacturers from the local hardware shop. Usually come in 3m x 4m size.

Thank you Bro Naimed

Any shop selling paint (those painting house paint) and each cost about $3.80 per piece of 4m by 6m. ^_^

Thank you Bro Picnic06

Thank you Bro Picnic06

Thank you Bro Icedbs

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi,

TIA.

Hi,

If you are engaging someone to do the Reno for you ... They will cover up everything for you ... If you are skeptical, you may also ask for some extra drop sheets from them to do an extra cover up & warn them in advance ... "You Damage, you pay ..." ... No need to buy lar ... 

Your Sincerely,

El Cheapo 😂

RH1667 praised this
Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro RH1667,

Good Morning.

Yes, like what Bro Etnt mentioned is correct, I got mine(below picture) from Paints Shop near my house along Balestier Road.

Good day Bro Fong,

Thanks, will be checking out the Paint shop around my place to buy it.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

His is the new generation flats mar, only 85 m/sq ... -_-

So one piece cover whole room lor ... [:p]

Edited by Picnic06, 13 October 2014 - 11:07 AM.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank you Bro TM,

Think will need to buy a few pieces to cover up the various area to reduce the wiping, vacuuming etc after the drilling.

Hi,

If you are engaging someone to do the Reno for you ... They will cover up everything for you ... If you are skeptical, you may also ask for some extra drop sheets from them to do an extra cover up & warn them in advance ... "You Damage, you pay ..." ... No need to buy lar ... 

Your Sincerely,

El Cheapo 😂

Bro CYF,

I not like you leh...you have pistol and so famous....no one dare to damage your property lah....ha ha ha.

Thank you for the advice, actually will be installing air con unit and as I understand, will have drilling for the pipes to connects to other rooms, so just preparing to cover up the furniture in our room to minimise the clean-up activities after the installation.

Thank you

I bought a lot of the plastic sheet during the 2 weeks upgrading at my block, $1.50 per pack near the left corner shop of Blk 18 Jalan Sultan.

Thank you Bro Jman888.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the one i bought covers the floor of the whole bedroom leh...........I think there is only one size wor............

RH1667 praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro CYF,

I not like you leh...you have pistol and so famous....no one dare to damage your property lah....ha ha ha.

Thank you for the advice, actually will be installing air con unit and as I understand, will have drilling for the pipes to connects to other rooms, so just preparing to cover up the furniture in our room to minimise the clean-up activities after the installation.

Thank you

Seriously lar ... these contractor will provide you 的 ...

No need to buy unless you doing the Reno yourself ...

Save that money & buy them Kopi ... they will do a better job ... 😂

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank you Bro TM,

Think will need to buy a few pieces to cover up the various area to reduce the wiping, vacuuming etc after the drilling.

Bro CYF,

Thank you

Thank you Bro Jman888.

Installing aircon better cover up.............is kan silang dusty with all the drilling .............

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seriously lar ... these contractor will provide you 的 ...

No need to buy unless you doing the Reno yourself ...

Save that money & buy them Kopi ... they will do a better job ... 😂

Yup, will be preparing packet and can drinks for them so that they " song " and I do not have to too much " after installation " clean-up to do.

Installing aircon better cover up.............is kan silang dusty with all the drilling .............

OK, noted Bro TM.

Plus all the noise!

But luckily a one off event only!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: plastic sheet, plastic, sheet and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users