32 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

RH1667
    RH1667

Need some advice on where can I buy some big pieces of plastic sheet or cloth to cover my furniture during minor home reno period?

TIA.

Raymondism and Angcheek praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Etnt
    Etnt

I believe you are referring to plastic drop sheets?

eg. 

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/40270-nippons-plastic-drop-cloth-our-woes-of-staying-in-while-renovating/

Can get from hardware shops that sell paint, each pc about 9ftx12ft, should cost $2 or less.

2BDriver and RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Naimed
    Naimed

Need some advice on where can I buy some big pieces of plastic sheet or cloth to cover my furniture during minor home reno period?

TIA.

You can get plastic drop cloth from Nippon Paint or other paint manufacturers from the local hardware shop. Usually come in 3m x 4m size.

RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Picnic06-Biante15

TIA.

Any shop selling paint (those painting house paint) and each cost about $3.80 per piece of 4m by 6m. ^_^

Edited by Picnic06, 13 October 2014 - 10:51 AM.

RH1667 praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs

can get at homeFix at the paint section

RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

2BDriver
    2BDriver

TIA.

Bro RH1667,

Good Morning.

Yes, like what Bro Etnt mentioned is correct, I got mine(below picture) from Paints Shop near my house along Balestier Road.

Attached Thumbnails

• PA130001.JPG

Fcw75 and RH1667 praised this

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Picnic06-Biante15

HomeFix quite expensive, same for DIY store. ^_^

Tianmo
    Tianmo

TIA.

any hardware shop................each pcs of plastic can cover the floor of a room............I think is like 80 cents or $1.20 each............ :D :D

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

• Jman888

TIA.

I bought a lot of the plastic sheet during the 2 weeks upgrading at my block, $1.50 per pack near the left corner shop of Blk 18 Jalan Sultan.
RH1667 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

RH1667
    RH1667

I believe you are referring to plastic drop sheets?

eg. 

http://www.renotalk....ile-renovating/

Can get from hardware shops that sell paint, each pc about 9ftx12ft, should cost $2 or less.

Thank you Bro Etnt,

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

• Jman888

any hardware shop................each pcs of plastic can cover the floor of a room............I think is like 80 cents or $1.20 each............ :D :D

Half the room lah, but can cover one side of the wall.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

RH1667
    RH1667

You can get plastic drop cloth from Nippon Paint or other paint manufacturers from the local hardware shop. Usually come in 3m x 4m size.

Thank you Bro Naimed

Any shop selling paint (those painting house paint) and each cost about $3.80 per piece of 4m by 6m. ^_^

Thank you Bro Picnic06

Thank you Bro Icedbs

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

Chowyunfatt
    Chowyunfatt

TIA.

If you are engaging someone to do the Reno for you ... They will cover up everything for you ... If you are skeptical, you may also ask for some extra drop sheets from them to do an extra cover up & warn them in advance ... "You Damage, you pay ..." ... No need to buy lar ... 

Your Sincerely,

El Cheapo 😂

RH1667 praised this
Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

RH1667
    RH1667

Bro RH1667,

Good Morning.

Yes, like what Bro Etnt mentioned is correct, I got mine(below picture) from Paints Shop near my house along Balestier Road.

Good day Bro Fong,

Thanks, will be checking out the Paint shop around my place to buy it.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Picnic06-Biante15

His is the new generation flats mar, only 85 m/sq ... -_-

So one piece cover whole room lor ... [:p]

Edited by Picnic06, 13 October 2014 - 11:07 AM.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

RH1667
    RH1667

Thank you Bro TM,

Think will need to buy a few pieces to cover up the various area to reduce the wiping, vacuuming etc after the drilling.

If you are engaging someone to do the Reno for you ... They will cover up everything for you ... If you are skeptical, you may also ask for some extra drop sheets from them to do an extra cover up & warn them in advance ... "You Damage, you pay ..." ... No need to buy lar ... 

Your Sincerely,

El Cheapo 😂

Bro CYF,

I not like you leh...you have pistol and so famous....no one dare to damage your property lah....ha ha ha.

Thank you for the advice, actually will be installing air con unit and as I understand, will have drilling for the pipes to connects to other rooms, so just preparing to cover up the furniture in our room to minimise the clean-up activities after the installation.

Thank you

I bought a lot of the plastic sheet during the 2 weeks upgrading at my block, $1.50 per pack near the left corner shop of Blk 18 Jalan Sultan.

Thank you Bro Jman888.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Tianmo
    Tianmo

the one i bought covers the floor of the whole bedroom leh...........I think there is only one size wor............

RH1667 praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

Chowyunfatt
    Chowyunfatt

Bro CYF,

I not like you leh...you have pistol and so famous....no one dare to damage your property lah....ha ha ha.

Thank you for the advice, actually will be installing air con unit and as I understand, will have drilling for the pipes to connects to other rooms, so just preparing to cover up the furniture in our room to minimise the clean-up activities after the installation.

Thank you

Seriously lar ... these contractor will provide you 的 ...

No need to buy unless you doing the Reno yourself ...

Save that money & buy them Kopi ... they will do a better job ... 😂

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

Tianmo
    Tianmo

Thank you Bro TM,

Think will need to buy a few pieces to cover up the various area to reduce the wiping, vacuuming etc after the drilling.

Bro CYF,

Thank you

Thank you Bro Jman888.

Installing aircon better cover up.............is kan silang dusty with all the drilling .............

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

RH1667
    RH1667

Seriously lar ... these contractor will provide you 的 ...

No need to buy unless you doing the Reno yourself ...

Save that money & buy them Kopi ... they will do a better job ... 😂

Yup, will be preparing packet and can drinks for them so that they " song " and I do not have to too much " after installation " clean-up to do.

Installing aircon better cover up.............is kan silang dusty with all the drilling .............

OK, noted Bro TM.

Plus all the noise!

But luckily a one off event only!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Tags: plastic sheet, plastic, sheet and 3 more...