Debt collectors at work

Duckduck

I think his method was wrong ... maybe the Begging & Crying approach will suite his physic better ... 😂

Yah, maybe he act like a wussy, the guy will pity him and open the door...haha.

is that their way of 'marketing' their services? effective or not effective? seem like they didn't get what they want [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Marketing failed. Period.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Heard they take back those items bot on installation. Tv, refrigerator, even vacuum cleaner...lol.

I dont understand why would anyone wana pay installment.

No money then dont commit lar. Aiyo!!!

This is the reason why my parents say they don't like buying from courts or any of these stores that have installment plans. Dunno what they do with the items that they take back.

I have relatives that buy on installment. One reason is cuz she is retired and sometimes want to buy electronic stuff, mainly kitchen equipment but then the allowance given by the children not enough to pay off at one shot so just take installment and slowly pay back.

Those legal debt collectors could be charged for harassment cos the way they execute their tactics are all wrong. [sly]

Screaming, banging on the door, iron grill, disturbing the neighbours and using strong arm tactics makes no different from those illegal 'ah long' runners.... -_-

Quote : Minor Offences Act - OFFENCES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND NUISANCE

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress

13A.

—(1) Any person who in a public place or in a private place, with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress to another person —

(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour; or
(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,
thereby causing that person or any other person harassment, alarm or distress, shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000.

With the self pawned video of their own doing, police should charge them under "OFFENCES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND NUISANCE" b'cos neighbours had heard those shouting & banging of which did causing nuisance to the quiet neighbourhood... [sly]

So what they are legal debts collectors .... :angry:

• Praise 2

With the self pawned video of their own doing, police should charge them under "OFFENCES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND NUISANCE" b'cos neighbours had heard those shouting & banging of which did causing nuisance to the quiet neighbourhood... [sly]

So what they are legal debts collectors .... :angry:

acherli hor, tripleH can b a good debt collector... her voice alone will shrivel any cock n pple sure pay up coz cannot tahan liao

• Praise 2

acherli hor, tripleH can b a good debt collector... her voice alone will shrivel any cock n pple sure pay up coz cannot tahan liao

Undertaker better.

There are black cheep in every trade, i think this debt collector has cross the line and acted worse than ah long just because they called themselves licensed debt collector.
There is no such thing as claiming 'debt collection fee' from the debtors.

Police called in after debt collectors cause a scene at Funan Mall
PUBLISHED ON JAN 25, 2015
BY CHONG ZI LIANG
mfdebt-25115e.jpg
Debt collectors from Double Ace Associates at the Funan Mall foodcourt on Jan 15, 2015. -- PHOTO: LIANHE WANBAO READER
SINGAPORE - Debt collectors caused a scene at a foodcourt in Funan Mall two days in a row while trying to collect $21,000 owed by a stall owner.
The police was called in on at least one of the days, reported The New Paper.
Dressed in polo shirts with the words "debt recovery unit" on the back, the collectors from Double Ace Associates marched to the Chinese soup stall at about 1.20pm on Jan 15. Witnesses said they pushed the cash register, cooking equipment and utensils on the floor.
The next day, they returned with a large banner that read "Attention. Debt collection in progress".
But Mr Frankie Tan, who heads Double Ace Associates, denied that his collectors caused the mess in the stall.
He was quoted by The New Paper as saying: "Our main aim was to stop his business from operating, but we did not destroy any property in the stall."
He also justified the commotion caused by his employees as necessary to embarrass the debtors.
"Clients engage us because their debtors are not cooperative, so such confrontations are necessary."
The 53-year-old stall owner, who gave his name only as Mr Zhang, settled the debt by signing 24 cheques worth $1,200 each. The cheques will be cashed in monthly, reported Lianhe Wanbao.
The Chinese newspaper also reported that Mr Zhang was slapped with a $12,000 "collection fee" that was later reduced to $7,000.
Mr Zhang said the fee was unfair but he would pay it grudgingly as he did not want his problems to affect his family members and the people around him.
The case has been classified as a case of mischief and police investigations are ongoing.

• Praise 2

There are black cheep in every trade, i think this debt collector has cross the line and acted worse than ah long just because they called themselves licensed debt collector.

There should be no such thing, but I guess, sometimes it's necessary. Though the fees seem ridiculously high, above 50%, which was later reduced to about 30%.

Can't be the lender / supplier pay out of pocket for such things also, because it's not them who defaulted on payment.

But the rest of it, the commotion and other stuff, I agree that it's unnecessary, and the police should have hauled the debt collectors away, even if just on charges of disturbing the peace, just to serve as a warning to other "licensed" debt collectors.

Meh, with IBM laying off 100K staff, as well as other companies laying off staff too, I guess this is the start of the next round?

There should be no such thing, but I guess, sometimes it's necessary. Though the fees seem ridiculously high, above 50%, which was later reduced to about 30%.

Can't be the lender / supplier pay out of pocket for such things also, because it's not them who defaulted on payment.

But the rest of it, the commotion and other stuff, I agree that it's unnecessary, and the police should have hauled the debt collectors away, even if just on charges of disturbing the peace, just to serve as a warning to other "licensed" debt collectors.

Meh, with IBM laying off 100K staff, as well as other companies laying off staff too, I guess this is the start of the next round?

there are many way to get back the debt (legally), hence the practice is debt collector will be paid commission from the debt collected, depends on the ageing of the debt. It shouldn't be the debtor cost when he has been paying interest on the debt.

It is part of the risk that the supplies has to take for doing business.

The tactics all wrong. They have to learn from the master, don't act hooligan, "Please Ask Politely" and everyone will surrender and hand over money. Tried and tested for (SG)50 years and counting, have not failed so far.

• Dislike 1

The tactics all wrong. They have to learn from the master, don't act hooligan, "Please Ask Politely" and everyone will surrender and hand over money. Tried and tested for (SG)50 years and counting, have not failed so far.

i am issuing you a warning for politicized on a topic that has no link to the thread.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

there are many way to get back the debt (legally), hence the practice is debt collector will be paid commission from the debt collected, depends on the ageing of the debt. It shouldn't be the debtor cost when he has been paying interest on the debt.

It is part of the risk that the supplies has to take for doing business.

Agreed with the different ways to get back debt legally, including lawyer letter, SCT, etc. But those also either cost money or a lot of time (SCT), so, some will resort to such debt collection company when there are no other viable options.

Those debt collectors that I spoke to (my company also got owed bad debt by others, then ask them nicely, they don't want to pay back) usually take commission from the debt collected, but also got upfront charges. So if debt is not big (4 fig), it's not really that worthwhile for SME to get debt collector or lawyer. Some debt collector company did say that the commission can be charged to the debtor, if that's what the client wants.

Sometimes being too nice to client / customer also will backfire. If backfire liao, no other recourse, go through debt collection company lor.

Funan Mall is private property isn't it?

They should have the right to evict the debt collectors if they deem them a nuisance to the patrons of the mall.

ok sorry.

Sorry also muz explain.... [:p]:D

The difference between these buggers & ah longs is that Ah long work at night when nobody is around whereas they go in broad daylight because they are 'legal'...

Edited by Karu

Debt Collection Fee as the name implies, is fee for collecting debt. Therefore, it should only be paid by creditor.

Why is it paid by the debtor?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1