Debt collectors at work

Duckduck

ah-long wear uniform still also ah-long.. wear suit also don't look like prince la

Edited by Vidz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Finally !!

Law has caught up with these ppl !

They are debt collectors, not hooligans leh!

Have to respect laws !

Yep👍😄

Hv to be done otherwise everyone Tink they can do wat they like in broad daylight Ya 👍

• Praise 2

seriously, without aggression, intimidation, shaming, disturbing, etc how to collect debt?

if sending lawyer letter can collect debt, why there is a need to hire debt collector and pay a commission to the collector?

why waste money to buy paint to spray O$P$ and risk being caught

• Praise 1

Yes, good riddance.

Kill one teach 100 杀一儆百

Kill a chicken to teach the monkey a lesson 杀鸡儆猴

No law no sky 无法无天

(Ok, chinese lesson , though translation is 😜😜)

The debtor is no angel, cos he had since paid up the debt. This would imply as legitimate debt which some how he chose not to pay on time.

Edited by Latio2005A
  • Praise 2

seriously, without aggression, intimidation, shaming, disturbing, etc how to collect debt?

if sending lawyer letter can collect debt, why there is a need to hire debt collector and pay a commission to the collector?

why waste money to buy paint to spray O$P$ and risk being caught

True. I have said before, if all the debtors don't just borrow without intention (as well as showing intention) to repay or use all different tactics to delay repayment, then would there be a need for debt collectors?

I'm not saying what the debt collectors did was right, but the store owner did know he was owing his supplier 21K, and it seems like the payment was outstanding without showing intention to repay asap.

• Praise 3

yalor ... the world would be perfect if can simply send an email to the debtor to remind him to pay up ... muahahaha

True. I have said before, if all the debtors don't just borrow without intention (as well as showing intention) to repay or use all different tactics to delay repayment, then would there be a need for debt collectors?

I'm not saying what the debt collectors did was right, but the store owner did know he was owing his supplier 21K, and it seems like the payment was outstanding without showing intention to repay asap.

• Praise 1

They have the right to collect back the debt.... but the tactics used is wrong..... simply ask 1 or 2 fella, day time go to his store, at night go to his home ask for $$$,.... volume high a little bit...... let the whole world know he owe $$$..........sooner or later, the fella will pay up...... still don't pay....wear nice nice go court sue him for bankruptcy..... look for RADx buy package for that fella..... [rolleyes]-_-

• Praise 3

yalor ... the world would be perfect if can simply send an email to the debtor to remind him to pay up ... muahahaha

More perfect would be those debtor zhi dong return money.

This is business transactions related debt not personal borrowing from ah long, you can use debt collectors but not in this manner, I bet the supplier who engaged this hooligan is regret to the max now.

I would like to know who is the supplier and I will make sure I will never deal with them another if they agree to using such method.

• Praise 2

They have the right to collect back the debt.... but the tactics used is wrong..... simply ask 1 or 2 fella, day time go to his store, at night go to his home ask for $$$,.... volume high a little bit...... let the whole world know he owe $$$..........sooner or later, the fella will pay up...... still don't pay....wear nice nice go court sue him for bankruptcy..... look for RADx buy package for that fella..... [rolleyes]-_-

Definitely too much. Throwing the cash register and rice cooker onto the floor is definitely wrong,

Definitely too much. Throwing the cash register and rice cooker onto the floor is definitely wrong,

I can understand and would prefer if the police closed a blind eye if it were the supplier who did the above. Maybe he got so frustrated at being owed the money and even more frustrated knowing that the hawker had the money but refused to pay up.

In this situation, it is the debt collection company which did it so no sympathies there.

• Praise 3

This is business transactions related debt not personal borrowing from ah long, you can use debt collectors but not in this manner, I bet the supplier who engaged this hooligan is regret to the max now.

I would like to know who is the supplier and I will make sure I will never deal with them another if they agree to using such method.

Like I said, I'm not in support of the actions of the debt collection company, but sometimes, as a vendor, I do meet clients who delay payment, give excuses, or run road. The feeling isn't good, when boss is pressuring you to collect the money, and you have to waste so much time collecting money, and are unable to take care of other clients or secure new contracts.

I'm just saying that I see the function the debt collection companies perform. I don't support the hooliganism, or the actions they did, but some things like the shame thing (big signboard saying debt collection in progress, wearing uniform to show is debt collection, constant contact of the debtor) I think are ok.

• Praise 1

Unruly debt collectors at Funan Mall: They mocked stall owner and said nothing will happen to them-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/unruly-debt-collectors-at-funan-mall-they-mocked-stall-owner-and-said-nothing-will

How come these Ah Beng are being handcuff like some hardcore criminal/murder to the incident area?

Usually such secanrio is required only for murder cases.

Seems like MATA [thumbsup] on the ball this round to put a STOP [knife] to these unethical methods.

• Praise 2

Questionable tactics aside, debt collectors perform an important service.

There are those chow kuan borrowers and business debtors who would rather waste their money away than kuai kuai service their debts. Most if not all creditors turn to debt collectors as a last resort as the success fee is very high. In a way this is better deal than engaging a lawyer, with high legal fees but no guarantee of successful collection.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3