Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

Hi amossoma66, did u plastic dip ur front bumper to black or sprayed by workshop ? I am looking for veloster grill to accent conversion but haven't found any Lobang.

Club21z,you work in club21 ? hehe

No I didn't plastidip or sprayed. It's just matt black stickers.

I actually did it on the front grill and rear hatch door ( at bottom edge )

Im looking for a hatch wing to mount. 

Any lobang on that though ? appreciate

↡ Advertisement

Club21z,you work in club21 ? hehe

No I didn't plastidip or sprayed. It's just matt black stickers.

I actually did it on the front grill and rear hatch door ( at bottom edge )

Im looking for a hatch wing to mount.

Any lobang on that though ? appreciate

Just a Nickname lol.

I went to ask sggarage they say sticker may not last due to the shapes n bends of front grill. Time to seek second opinion.

You may wanna consider this spoiler.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Onzigoo-glass-wing-rear-spoiler-Fits-Hyundai-2012-Accent-Wit-Solaris-5-Door-/111637165304?hash=item19fe17f4f8%3Ag%3AVMYAAOSweW5VHj2d&_trkparms=pageci%253A3c5e96fd-9197-11e6-90e0-74dbd1800687%257Cparentrq%253Ac03c07401570a6a4a6aed23effffdafa%257Ciid%253A19

Perhaps add DRL foglight and shark antenna ? Some poisons to consider. :)

Just a Nickname lol.

I went to ask sggarage they say sticker may not last due to the shapes n bends of front grill. Time to seek second opinion.

You may wanna consider this spoiler.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Onzigoo-glass-wing-rear-spoiler-Fits-Hyundai-2012-Accent-Wit-Solaris-5-Door-/111637165304?hash=item19fe17f4f8%3Ag%3AVMYAAOSweW5VHj2d&_trkparms=pageci%253A3c5e96fd-9197-11e6-90e0-74dbd1800687%257Cparentrq%253Ac03c07401570a6a4a6aed23effffdafa%257Ciid%253A19

Perhaps add DRL foglight and shark antenna ? Some poisons to consider. :)

This spoiler looks OK.. thanks for sharing.

Did you had any spoiler installed ?

Stickers is truly difficult to work on. 

The workshop guy took 2 times to successfully have the stickers attached over the curvature properly.

It's require some stretching over at the edges.

But it is not impossible.

The Plastic Dip .. i witness that it's not adhering strongly enough .. a little chipping and it will make a defect on the surface.. 

I did not buy the spoiler cos the car already have a small spoiler. Also not sure need to drill or not.

The sticker shop have wrap Matt black for me, he said no problem despite the curves.

Next I wanna do glossy roof wrap. Haha slowly do up the car.

Edited by Club21z

I did not buy the spoiler cos the car already have a small spoiler. Also not sure need to drill or not.

The sticker shop have wrap Matt black for me, he said no problem despite the curves.

Next I wanna do glossy roof wrap. Haha slowly do up the car.

Have you considered doing lowering or coilover to lower the car ?

Not at the moment cos I'm still on stock rim. Notice u had changed rim already. Lowered ride also troublesome when going be hump and less comfort .

Not at the moment cos I'm still on stock rim. Notice u had changed rim already. Lowered ride also troublesome when going be hump and less comfort .

I changed rims, but sticking to the same size. 

I didn't like chrome rims in my life.. haha.. just hated chrome rims..

So .. spend a little money to replace them.

Maybe next time when the tyres worn out, I might change it out to 15 inch.

But honestly, 14 inch are really damn comfy.. !

I fill them to 185~190 pressure.. that's the best pliant ride I can get after experimenting with different tyre pressure.

Recently I drove until gas was low and left with 1 bar.

When I scrolled through the multi display info, I was intrigued to see that there is another 80 km to go..

any one saw that ?

Me. Haha, another accent driver, manual some more like me.

Saw the price list now increase alot. Not very worth to get unless die die want manual.

Cause AD very confidence that coe will go up a lot on the coming months lo.

You drive and use up one tank first... then you take your mileage and divide by the number of litres of petrol you pumped in... you'll know which is more accurate... when new, the fuel consumption computer in the car isn't that accurate... it takes time for the system to settle in...

You drive and use up one tank first... then you take your mileage and divide by the number of litres of petrol you pumped in... you'll know which is more accurate... when new, the fuel consumption computer in the car isn't that accurate... it takes time for the system to settle in...

I am looking at a long term data so using single top up and distance may be the most accurate but will only be valid for that week probably only. I've clocked close to 8000 km and my driving habit had not been very obedient many occasions and I am a little surprise how frugal this car can be ( as shown on both 2 meters ) despite my driving style.

i lean towards the Ultragauge 7.6 l/100 km, which is about 13 km/l , rather than 5.6 l/100 km which is 17.8 km/l... 

very big difference between manufacturer and aftermarket, which I deduce, thats how car mfg cheat on the specs

Edited by amossoma66

I think don't read too much into the fuel consumption. I usually pump at 1quarter tank after travelling 400km. FC is about 13 to 14. Drive gentle or fast also same.

I am looking at a long term data so using single top up and distance may be the most accurate but will only be valid for that week probably only. I've clocked close to 8000 km and my driving habit had not been very obedient many occasions and I am a little surprise how frugal this car can be ( as shown on both 2 meters ) despite my driving style.

i lean towards the Ultragauge 7.6 l/100 km, which is about 13 km/l , rather than 5.6 l/100 km which is 17.8 km/l... 

very big difference between manufacturer and aftermarket, which I deduce, thats how car mfg cheat on the specs

Actually Hyundai's fuel consumption figures are among the most accurate. They were fined heavily for over-declaring their FC figures in the US a while back... so for now their numbers are always the poorest but closest to real world figures whereas the Japs and the Contis are like way off quite often.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-fines-hyundai-kia-for-overstating-fuel-economy-1415028646

https://hyundaimpginfo.com/aboutsettlement/hyundais-leading-fuel-economy

Edited by teomingern

Actually Hyundai's fuel consumption figures are among the most accurate. They were fined heavily for over-declaring their FC figures in the US a while back... so for now their numbers are always the poorest but closest to real world figures whereas the Japs and the Contis are like way off quite often.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-fines-hyundai-kia-for-overstating-fuel-economy-1415028646

https://hyundaimpginfo.com/aboutsettlement/hyundais-leading-fuel-economy

Oh yes I remember that case.. 

But it is good to have such issue so that all manufacturers are more aware that consumers are not that easily fooled by figures anymore.

↡ Advertisement