Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

I book at 83k when coe was 47k to 50k also can't get. Really must sit out thru 6 bids, if AD bid 42k then really is GG.

Wah... a bit tough... maybe can top up about $5K then maybe ok...

↡ Advertisement

Tier 3 under this kind of circumstances. No hope liao. My friend got it under 2nd tier. First bid, got liao.

There is still hope due to only one reason. They are clearing stock and this model not selling in SG anymore...

There is still hope due to only one reason. They are clearing stock and this model not selling in SG anymore...

They won't clear it at a loss... and on the balance, it will depend on whether bidding high for you works in their favour or bidding high for a more valuable margin for another model is better for them.

They won't clear it at a loss... and on the balance, it will depend on whether bidding high for you works in their favour or bidding high for a more valuable margin for another model is better for them.

True, they will not sell at a loss. There's still Open Cat COE and the lowest premium this year is 48k.. so far...

True, they will not sell at a loss. There's still Open Cat COE and the lowest premium this year is 48k.. so far...

Yes... but would you rather give that to someone ordering an Elantra, Tucson, Sonata or Sante Fe as these have far better margins?

Yes... but would you rather give that to someone ordering an Elantra, Tucson, Sonata or Sante Fe as these have far better margins?

That, nobody knows. But them buyers can only hope..

@teomingern

I have thrown in the towel. They offer me an option to top up for a few k for "very high" chances of getting the car and I have gone for it. Cos I did pm some forumers here who told me they topped up eventually so I thought don't waste any time.

Even with top up my car is still 83999. Not really that high in today's context. So here's hoping

@teomingern

I have thrown in the towel. They offer me an option to top up for a few k for "very high" chances of getting the car and I have gone for it. Cos I did pm some forumers here who told me they topped up eventually so I thought don't waste any time.

Even with top up my car is still 83999. Not really that high in today's context. So here's hoping

Still not bad for that price. Only ard 4k more than the Bezza..

@teomingern

Not buying elantra?

@teomingern

Actually there r few other choices

Jazz 1.3

Swift 1.4

K3 1.6

All these models r slightly higher list price b4 discount. And come with attractive freebies

U can consider too

Unfortunately Hyundai has a bad reputation to lure buyers into top up game, so potential buyers need to beware of the low offer price gimmicks.

@teomingern

Ah... I think even at $84K, it's very worth while to top up... guaranteed you'll get... anyway, top up already cannot get, it's ok lar... you don't lose anything mah...

Actually there r few other choices

Jazz 1.3

Swift 1.4

K3 1.6

All these models r slightly higher list price b4 discount. And come with attractive freebies

U can consider too

Pricing is higher lar... definitely... and those advertised prices, we don't know if can secure COE or not...

Unfortunately Hyundai has a bad reputation to lure buyers into top up game, so potential buyers need to beware of the low offer price gimmicks.

That's patently untrue... if so you won't be seeing so many Elantras on the road... many get their COEs and cars at the advertised prices... many car dealers practise price tiering for those who want to get their cars at low low prices... it's basically a gamble that the COE will drop... everything is upfront... there's no gimmick... you are told upfront that your chances of getting the COE is low... your choice... but there are people who get their COEs cos the COE premiums maintain or even drop... no car dealer is so stupid as to keep offering deals that they can't fulfil... they don't think like you thankfully... they're in a business of making money... and that means fulfilling as many orders as possible...

If what you say is true, komoco would have lost the hyundai dealership long long time ago. Guess you dun own a hyundai?

Ah... I think even at $84K, it's very worth while to top up... guaranteed you'll get... anyway, top up already cannot get, it's ok lar... you don't lose anything mah...

Pricing is higher lar... definitely... and those advertised prices, we don't know if can secure COE or not...

That's patently untrue... if so you won't be seeing so many Elantras on the road... many get their COEs and cars at the advertised prices... many car dealers practise price tiering for those who want to get their cars at low low prices... it's basically a gamble that the COE will drop... everything is upfront... there's no gimmick... you are told upfront that your chances of getting the COE is low... your choice... but there are people who get their COEs cos the COE premiums maintain or even drop... no car dealer is so stupid as to keep offering deals that they can't fulfil... they don't think like you thankfully... they're in a business of making money... and that means fulfilling as many orders as possible...

If have time to wait, why not.

Personally I prefer K3 and Honda Jazz, and the price diff is around 2-3k before bargaining.

If what you say is true, komoco would have lost the hyundai dealership long long time ago. Guess you dun own a hyundai?

Guess you don't follow the tread closely, I own a accent 5dr manual. It's well known that if price is low coe chance also low, compared to Mazda or Honda which pricing are more up front and seldom do top up options.

Those elantra on the roads, probably tier one or two, tell me where those 83k elantra are.

Edited by Club21z

Guess you don't follow the tread closely, I own a accent 5dr manual. It's well known that if price is low coe chance also low, compared to Mazda or Honda which pricing are more up front and seldom do top up options.

Those elantra on the roads, probably tier one or two, tell me where those 83k elantra are.

Since you didn't buy a Honda or a Mazda, then how would you know don't have to top up? Also their prices are much higher, comparing the specs...

Those 83k elantra owners are happily driving their cars?

Since you didn't buy a Honda or a Mazda, then how would you know don't have to top up? Also their prices are much higher, comparing the specs...

Most probably he heard from somewhere or someplace. Most posts here usually based on heard from so and so rather than personal experience
↡ Advertisement