Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

Turbocharged

Just collected my ride today, manual transmission... By the way, the integrated car remote and key looks really nice. Original from Korea factory.

Any recent hyundai drivers? Cos I was very surprised that the remote cannot sound out when you have locked and unlocked the car. Only beeping light and the distinct lock unlock mechanism can be heard when you are very near by...

My SE mentioned that hyundai these days dun have the sound and function to look for your car in the car park.. I was very surprised.. Did she get it correctly? But one think I like is the remote release of car boot and integrated car key.

Normal entry/lock via remote nowadays now no sound. Some got sound using the horn but not common. Sometimes can be set in car's internal settings.

There's also now something called "panic mode"... to deter people or if you find you have lost your car somehow, there is a certain key-sequence on the remote that makes the car start flashing horn and lights. Check your manual... might have.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

my MIL drove the Vernon.. 9years clock 50+K only..

aircon not cold still compressor changed at year 7.. no power at all for 1.4AT

very sparse car without anything..

now changed new to Jap model liao..

It was a really cheap car at that time ma. One of my relative got a brand new one for 30+k. Got to have the manual version cuz the Auto one really no power. Aircon so far still ok. Very cold.

It was a really cheap car at that time ma. One of my relative got a brand new one for 30+k. Got to have the manual version cuz the Auto one really no power. Aircon so far still ok. Very cold.

Last time, only 5 speed manual transmission. Now it has 6 speed manual transmission. There is even an eco mode which advises u to up shift and downshift to save fuel. Throttle response will be muted for fuel economy. U can manually disable that.

Fuel consumption is good for Accent 4th generation. No wonder it's quite popular in the states.

Hyundai cars are not bad, in fact, improving alot. My previous car, a 2005 manual Accent, almost 10 years, 80k+ mileage. Quite low. Nothing wrong with the car, apart from engine being damn loud. Major changes only include 4 shock absorbers.

The only problem I encountered is with Komoco. Made me avoid them at all cost. Horrible experience with them.

P.s. I had 3 Hyundai cars prior. 1 Excel, and 2 Accents.

Hyundai cars are not bad, in fact, improving alot. My previous car, a 2005 manual Accent, almost 10 years, 80k+ mileage. Quite low. Nothing wrong with the car, apart from engine being damn loud. Major changes only include 4 shock absorbers.

The only problem I encountered is with Komoco. Made me avoid them at all cost. Horrible experience with them.

P.s. I had 3 Hyundai cars prior. 1 Excel, and 2 Accents.

Mind sharing your experience with Komoco? Had checked with my neighbours and colleagues who had a good experience.. Saw that in the avante thread where Komoco allowed them to claim warranty despite car not being serviced with them.

For me, I got free three years servicing... After that will go for Autosaver where I had wonderful experience with them for several years.

Mind sharing your experience with Komoco? Had checked with my neighbours and colleagues who had a good experience.. Saw that in the avante thread where Komoco allowed them to claim warranty despite car not being serviced with them.

For me, I got free three years servicing... After that will go for Autosaver where I had wonderful experience with them for several years.

Maybe they see mine is old car, don't care much.

Firstly, go there, park my car, no one attend to me, everyone sitting around talking.

Then after servicing come back, my bumper and side mirror got deep scratches. Don't know what they doing. And their service mechanics, suspect is cause of their ring, didn't take off. My bonnet got a deep dent cause by the ring. All these minor minor mistakes.

One major or latest one I faced, my car came back from servicing, radiator coolant tank empty. DRY. They did not top up, no water or coolant. Can be my mistake I didn't check, but shouldn't it be part of the servicing package? My car's aircon was not cold, engine heating up, to a point it totally died. Then I realised the coolant tank was empty.

Hyundai cars are good, but due to bad experience with their service centre, will give Hyundai a second thought. Then, I've moved on. Now a satisfied Nissan customer.

(edited)

Maybe they see mine is old car, don't care much.

Firstly, go there, park my car, no one attend to me, everyone sitting around talking.

Then after servicing come back, my bumper and side mirror got deep scratches. Don't know what they doing. And their service mechanics, suspect is cause of their ring, didn't take off. My bonnet got a deep dent cause by the ring. All these minor minor mistakes.

One major or latest one I faced, my car came back from servicing, radiator coolant tank empty. DRY. They did not top up, no water or coolant. Can be my mistake I didn't check, but shouldn't it be part of the servicing package? My car's aircon was not cold, engine heating up, to a point it totally died. Then I realised the coolant tank was empty.

Hyundai cars are good, but due to bad experience with their service centre, will give Hyundai a second thought. Then, I've moved on. Now a satisfied Nissan customer.

Wah, so jialat.. Must feedback to my SE for them to buck up. For me, I will service with Autosaver once the free servicing are over.. Thanks a lot for sharing..

To be fair, my BIL drives a Nissan.. He went there to change parts and servicing.. But after they changed the parts and he drove out, immediately the car stalled.. The technicians were quick to deny that the car broke down due to another fault and not what they had just replaced.. And he was being carroted by them for the aircon compressor on a separate event.

Gee, but your experience will really want me to be on my toes with Komoco motors... They didn't do a visual inspection before taking over the ride? For my two time servicing with, they would do that.

Edited by Ivan_06

Wah, so jialat.. Must feedback to my SE for them to buck up. For me, I will service with Autosaver once the free servicing are over.. Thanks a lot for sharing..

To be fair, my BIL drives a Nissan.. He went there to change parts and servicing.. But after they changed the parts and he drove out, immediately the car stalled.. The technicians were quick to deny that the car broke down due to another fault and not what they had just replaced.. And he was being carroted by them for the aircon compressor on a separate event.

Gee, but your experience will really want me to be on my toes with Komoco motors... They didn't do a visual inspection before taking over the ride? For my two time servicing with, they would do that.

Visual Inspection.. Not so meticulous. Perhaps mine is old car, they couldn't be bothered.

But then again, don't get too affected by my experience, maybe they've improved or something.

Just sharing my experiences.

Korean cars have came a long way.

• Praise 1

Visual Inspection.. Not so meticulous. Perhaps mine is old car, they couldn't be bothered.

But then again, don't get too affected by my experience, maybe they've improved or something.

Just sharing my experiences.

Korean cars have came a long way.

Actually for older cars, no need to send them back to AD. You can save a lot by going outside where you can also hang around and see what they are doing..

I got my Accent last week.

6 speed auto 4 doors and I found the speed is powerful enough to carry 5 person.

The technology is newer than Elantra basic (same selling price as Accent at that time).

The selling price suit my budget and I got 6K COE rebate and 5K CEVS rebate.

I got my Accent last week.

6 speed auto 4 doors and I found the speed is powerful enough to carry 5 person.

The technology is newer than Elantra basic (same selling price as Accent at that time).

The selling price suit my budget and I got 6K COE rebate and 5K CEVS rebate.

You forgot to mention about the 3 years free servicing and 1 year road tax. Hello fellow accent (:

I am looking at the new Accent too, trap in between Accent and Elantra...

Just looks at the FC and road tax and maintenance, Accent of course lower in costs. Elantra if you need to fetch more bigger size adults.

The century sprint for Accent is 11.8s as compared to 11.6s for Elantra.

However the FC are worlds apart. Currently while I am running in on mineral oil, FC is 14-15km/l 80-90% city.. Of course, running on MT is a blessing..

Having 'downgraded' from Vios MT, I MA glad that I have made the right choice of sticking with a MT, some more one with 6 speed.

Supersonic
(edited)

Dont forget K3 also. Not easy to decide between these 3 Korean models.

Edited by 13177

(edited)

Yes, MT will return better FC even though specs showed otherwise for the same model on automatic (CVT, dual clutch). This is especially when your car is mostly driven on city traffic.

Most importantly, the control it gives you is priceless.

The century sprint for Accent is 11.8s as compared to 11.6s for Elantra.

However the FC are worlds apart. Currently while I am running in on mineral oil, FC is 14-15km/l 80-90% city.. Of course, running on MT is a blessing..

Having 'downgraded' from Vios MT, I MA glad that I have made the right choice of sticking with a MT, some more one with 6 speed.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1