N

Pentux

i bought this last year and wondering whether i could download australia map from https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/prod104105.html

i thought GPS normally buy maps to use can already but now it seems like the stoopid salesman did not tell me this.

*edit i see salah.. my fault..

from what i know.. if u call garmn... you arrange to get the maps downloaded somewhere in ubi area.... chargeable per day usage... (note of caution- i remember the guy from garmin telling me no gurantee the map will work)

ps... google map still the way to go for me.. juz buy a data usage card from airport... good to go liao...

Edited by SuPerBoRed

*edit i see salah.. my fault..

from what i know.. if u call garmn... you arrange to get the maps downloaded somewhere in ubi area.... chargeable per day usage... (note of caution- i remember the guy from garmin telling me no gurantee the map will work)

ps... google map still the way to go for me.. juz buy a data usage card from airport... good to go liao...

but google map sometimes not very reliable leh.

but google map sometimes not very reliable leh.

well.. there are 4options

1- like i said.. call garmin to download the auzzie map at ubi

2- google map

3- rent from car rental

4- buy one life-time map auzzie set with friends

i did option 4 fyi... never regret [:)]

Just to pass on something I gained from fellow forummers here.

I recently had a driving trip in Australia. I used the free app Navfree. They have free maps for many countries incl Australia. No data plan is needed, at least that is so for my Android S5.

It is easy and free to use, and I could do all my homework at home by saving all my destinations as favourites.

Just to pass on something I gained from fellow forummers here.

I recently had a driving trip in Australia. I used the free app Navfree. They have free maps for many countries incl Australia. No data plan is needed, at least that is so for my Android S5.

It is easy and free to use, and I could do all my homework at home by saving all my destinations as favourites.

yes i downloaded navfree a few days ago but yet to check whether it works offline. :)

mine is on iphone

well.. there are 4options

1- like i said.. call garmin to download the auzzie map at ubi

2- google map

3- rent from car rental

4- buy one life-time map auzzie set with friends

i did option 4 fyi... never regret [:)]

i tink aussie maps not supported on my device...might check more throughly

Other than the above, can consider Sygic too (downloaded, no data plan needed. no cost)

I survived without Garmin map in Australia. Used an old Android phone....

If you really want Garmin, I think you can rent from AllBright (Textile Centre) on a SD card.

i have been using a China GPS for about 5 years now when I am in Australia and so far no issues. Honestly..if you pay $5.00 to $10.00 a day rental for a GPS, for a 2 weeks trip you are better off buying one. just my 2 cts.

↡ Advertisement