General Election 2015 - 11 Sep 2015

RadX

She praised so much on WP n He Ting Ru. Hope she helps out in Fengshan.

PAP in trouble liao.

I am looking forward for surprise during the nomination day. Not that I think Nicole seah will suddenly be a candidate but more like the electric atmosphere generated when ltk and wp appear as candidate for aljunied GRC. And the fighting speech they gave after they filed their papers.

↡ Advertisement

I think more like residents in trouble Liao

I don't like pap to field a Newbie for fengshan because that area a lot of issues need to be resolved

Can someone confirm if there's any similar case of fielding a grassroot leader before?

Surely if that area has issues, the relevant authorised agencies should not be waiting for instructions to work.

They are paid by the public. . Not the party after all.

It comes back to the question of are we electing estate agents or members of parliament? ?

Actually I feel a grass roots leader is just as good as some scholar. . Historically, many great men come from grass roots.

Maybe the grass roots type may listen and identify more with the people than parachuted elites.

• Praise 1

There are many things that I like about MIW. Good policies abound and great structure in place. Compared to many countries we are better than ok.

However there are a few policies that bothers me. Their top down superior airs and Kawan Kawan sort of attitude towards their own that started the decline in standards are just a few.

Much of their approach used to work. The populace is different now though, thanks to the Internet. If Internet was not invented, you can bet your last dollar they can continue in their ways and we would all be happy. The less you know, the less you will be unhappy about.

I am concerned the MIW is turning populist. In fact they already have. A consultative govt is populist. Make no mistake. We already have lobbyists, some organized but mostly in the guise of shouts out from the Internet.

Progress is good. I am just disturbed by the increasing sense of entitlement by Singaporeans. In the past LKY always tell us "nobody owes you a living". However right now so many people are shouting exactly that. The govt owe me this, hdb owe me that, etc. Somehow many think they are entitled to something.

We are forever changed. The younger generation are and unwittingly so are many of us.

Half of us value hard work, independence and trust in the govt to provide the basics.

The other half wants the govt to be accountable if you cannot afford a maid or a COE for example. These are probably extremes but you get my point.

Whatever political model we choose may have to adjust to the new equilibrium.

The splinter in our populace is real. To cater to both, our policies will be less effective economically. That is not a scare tactic, it is just common sense.

If everyone agrees to move ahead slowly in the future, no problem.

The problem is some wanna go as fast.

What makes it worse is there is a big group who wanna slowly move but yet expect to reach their destination or targets in the same time while the truly impractical type wants to reach their end points faster while slowing down.

• Praise 4

This GE also got quite a number of Independent Candidates. Uber driver also join the "fight". LoL... These ppl are rich. I wonder what's their motivation? To hog the limelight? Want to be heard? Or just provide entertainment?

It is a very value for money way of advertising. Imagine at just $14,500 and you are at front page of every newspapers both online and offline for 2 weeks.

And chances of taking the $14500 back is also pretty high.

Seriously, if you are housing agent, you should seriously consider this option

• Praise 1

Within expectation lah. It will be a closed fight.

I stay in PE. Just look at my avatar...need to said more..

• Praise 2

A lot of gaffes in the past still never learn. Such is the arrogance he is showing.

I think the ruling party really needs a campaign manager or something...probably image and speech consultant to help them craft their speech.

They seems to be unaware that their rants will be deeply scrutinised and dissect apart by their detractors.

When you say others are arrogant, pls look at yourself and the peanuts you are eating;

When you say others kkj itchy, pls look at your own honourable MP;

When you say others throw meat, look at the meat you have been throwing since the SG50 hype came about.

Moral of the story is, make sure your own backyard is clean before you go around the neighbourhood and complain about your neighbours.

Better still, stop all atacks and just talk about your plans and policies. Voters are clever enough to judge

KNN.............really WTF hor...............BTC like me and a farmer like you also can think this way...................why all the simi degree degree one all no know simple logic one............

CCB..............tell me your white vacuum cleaner is sibei tokgong........elephant also can suck.............guarantee 5 years...............and can extent guarantee another 5 year........offer only 2 weeks..............after 9-11 no offer liao...........talk until i no buy i myself go bang wall bang heart mah.............

kepp telling me buy blue vacuum no good.............easy spoil ...........jia dian jia liu..........sure regret............

Ok lah.............limbey don't buy blue one.................go buy red one lah...........also no buy white one leh.............

sell me the white one lah.................must tell me white one sibei ho.............not blue one no good...........make me buy liao some more sibei song like that mah.............and go tell my friends.............heng limbey buy the white vacuum ......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

wait ah...............today boh liu liao.................tomorrow I praise you ok..............

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 4

I think more like residents in trouble Liao

I don't like pap to field a Newbie for fengshan because that area a lot of issues need to be resolved

Can someone confirm if there's any similar case of fielding a grassroot leader before?

You will be surprise to know that a newbie but regular grassroot leader can get more support than someone who is parachute in just like that.

An example is ong ah heng, mp for nee soon central. He is also a grassroot leader who beat neo chai chen of sdp. In fact I voted for him. One of the reasons is during one pap rally which I was there, lee kuan yew who was one of the speaker apologised to us for ng pock too's incompetence. I remembered that day a lot of people were waiting for him to come.

• Praise 1

Yeah I noticed that, missed your vulgarities and straight talking, glad you are in top form now. lol. Actually I also don't think GCT implied anything about dogs, but it was a bad choice of words.

aiyo...........you miss me ah.............mai lah...............wait ppl misunderstand no good leh............ [:p]

I do agree is total misuse of words.............doesnt go very well with me also..............the more he talks the more he lost........i think he kana LKY suppress too long liao................now no one jaga liao.................anyhow shoot................ shoot tio own foot.......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

KNN.............really WTF hor...............BTC like me and a farmer like you also can think this way...................why all the simi degree degree one all no know simple logic one............

CCB..............tell me your white vacuum cleaner is sibei tokgong........elephant also can suck.............guarantee 5 years...............and can extent guarantee another 5 year........offer only 2 weeks..............after 9-11 no offer liao...........talk until i no buy i myself go bang wall bang heart mah.............

kepp telling me buy blue vacuum no good.............easy spoil ...........jia dian jia liu..........sure regret............

Ok lah.............limbey don't buy blue one.................go buy red one lah...........also no buy white one leh.............

sell me the white one lah.................must tell me white one sibei ho.............not blue one no good...........make me buy liao some more sibei song like that mah.............and go tell my friends.............heng limbey buy the white vacuum ......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

wait ah...............today boh liu liao.................tomorrow I praise you ok..............

:XD::XD::XD: fiak man, I cannot praise u yet!!! Damn funny and cunning....

• Praise 1

Where to buy the WP umbrella? Would be happy to pay $100 for one.

I got one. Brand new in plastic bag. Never used. Been keeping in my car boot.

Wait until the rally lah, you can get it for $15 or $20 during that time at the rally. The little flag is $2.

• Praise 1

Lol...ur t-gang were all looking high and low for ya...

They miss u so much!

Now that u come back, don't anyhow disappear again hor....else they will be hunting for u again

busy mah...........i need to eat also hor..........

no worries.................i told them liao.....................when they need me................just go up tallest building shine the Tianmo torch........and...................I WILL BE BACK!!!!................ [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I have lived overseas for many years before returning to SG

This has only make me appreciate my country more - security, safely, medical care, no natural disasters, just to name a few reasons why

waaaa what kept you up at 3 am ???? hahahaha something floating around ? :scared:

• Praise 3

Wait until the rally lah, you can get it for $15 or $20 during that time at the rally. The little flag is $2.

sell him $100.. then you go rally buy again...... see wu nia bo nia....haha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I thought last time for Punggol East $10 or $12?

Rally schedule will be out on 2nd or 3rd September right?

BTW - anyone giving odds that at least one GRC will be disqualified / become walkover due to incomplete / incorrect / late nomination forms?

↡ Advertisement