• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
124 replies to this topic | 135 praises

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New way of jump starting your car.

No need to carry around jumper cables or waiting for some good Samaritan to help you.

There are a few brands around. Powerall and Genius Noco available at Amazon are probably the better made ones.

There are also chinese knock-offs available at aliexpress at much lower price.

But if you're driver or regularly going MY, you certainly should consider having one, just like having a spare tyre.

Edited by Kb27, 18 October 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Vid, Solar and xherion praised this

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Neutralsg
  • Premium member
    Neutralsg
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This seems more handy than my current jumpstarter.

Is this sold in Singapore or MY and if so, where and at what cost?  What's the brand and model?  Can provide more info?  Also, will it work on large batteries used in commercial vehicles?  Anyway, thanks for sharing.

No need to carry around jumper cables or waiting for some good Samaritan to help you.

There are a few brands around. Powerall and Genius Noco available at Amazon are probably the better made ones.

But if you're driver or regularly going MY, you certainly should consider having one, just like having a spare tyre.

Edited by Neutralsg, 18 October 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Cherish your licence before you lose its privileges.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This seems more handy than my current jumpstarter.

Is this sold in Singapore or MY and if so, where and at what cost?  What's the brand and model?  Can provide more info?  Also, will it work on large batteries used in commercial vehicles?  Anyway, thanks for sharing.

I heard some shops selling locally, but dunno where...probably cheap chinese imports,

http://www.aliexpres...iewCP=y&catId=0

I've this Powerall (rated 400A)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00D42AFS8/

It can start a diesel engine like HIACE

But for really big diesel engine, I think you'll need at least a 600A type.

Detach8 praised this

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

is a step up transformer required when recharging the power bank?

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

is a step up transformer required when recharging the power bank?

No.

It comes with a DC charger which you can plug into your car

and a 110~240V AC charger which you can use at home.

If you're buying from Amazon, you only need an AC adaptor (US to Euro/UK)

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Here is a professional set, design and make in US

Attached Thumbnails

• Temp.jpg

Edited by Yeobh, 18 October 2014 - 11:23 AM.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

No.

It comes with a DC charger which you can plug into your car
and a 110~240V AC charger which you can use at home.
If you're buying from Amazon, you only need an AC adaptor (US to Euro/UK)

ok, thanks. i am amazed by the number of accessories provided by Powerall.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Matrix0405
  • Premium member
    Matrix0405
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This must be the bestest. Mum with 2 young kids in tow, jump starting a car.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Rm2s
  • Premium member
    Rm2s
    5th Gear
    Author Image

from Amazon page, it seems like also able to charge phone and act as torch light. That's quite a good thing to keep in the car. 

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I was just save by 1 of this by my neighbor last week... small device which work :-)

Hmm let me check if Amazon can ship over..
FourZero praised this

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

These AliExpress battery chargers worth a look?
http://www.aliexpres...5233&isViewCP=y

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Neutralsg
  • Premium member
    Neutralsg
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thank you Kb27 [thumbsup] .  I'll look for appropriate one which can jumpstart a larger battery.

I heard some shops selling locally, but dunno where...probably cheap chinese imports,

http://www.aliexpres...iewCP=y&catId=0

I've this Powerall (rated 400A)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00D42AFS8/

It can start a diesel engine like HIACE

But for really big diesel engine, I think you'll need at least a 600A type.

Are you selling any of this or know where to get one in SG or MY?

Cherish your licence before you lose its privileges.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

These AliExpress battery chargers worth a look?
http://www.aliexpres...5233&isViewCP=y

rather get from amazon as price difference is not significant.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

from Amazon page, it seems like also able to charge phone and act as torch light. That's quite a good thing to keep in the car. 

Yes, quite standard design.

It has a LED light which you can set to full on, or flashing.

2 usb ports - for charging mobile phones, etc.

For those buying power banks for their phones, just need to add in more $ and get a jump starter as well.

Note that the red clamp has a plastic box.

Inside contains high powered rectifier diodes which prevents alternator from reverse charging the lithium battery.

It's a safety thing.

Attached Thumbnails

• powerall.jpg

Edited by Kb27, 18 October 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Are you selling any of this or know where to get one in SG or MY?

This one is a Noco Genius

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00M1OUBES/

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

High_octane
  • Premium member
    High_octane
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Saw Wowgadgets selling such a thing too.

Autobacs is selling too.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

xherion
  • Premium member
    xherion
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

How much is it in autobacs?

Is it also the powerall brand?

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This one is a Noco Genius

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00M1OUBES/

just placed my order usd130.. Free shipping
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

xherion
  • Premium member
    xherion
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I am getting the powerall one, 99.88, need to add $25 worth of other stuff to get free shipping :)

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Cheesey74
  • Premium member
    Cheesey74
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just bought a Powerall from Amazon & will feedback once i got a chance to use it [laugh] .

Also, those looking for cheaper alternatives, can go Qoo search, there are a few there..

BSS "From Each His Best"

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: lithium jump starter, lithium and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users