Lithium jump starter

Kb27

Just bought a Powerall from Amazon & will feedback once i got a chance to use it [laugh] .

Also, those looking for cheaper alternatives, can go Qoo search, there are a few there..

I am getting the powerall one, 99.88, need to add $25 worth of other stuff to get free shipping :)

Add a Amazon hard case, bcuz the 99usd one does not come with a box

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Universal-Travel-Electronics-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1QG/

It's easy to add up to $125.

Buy some batteries, pens, toothbrush or something else.

Thanks bro, u already got the case and it fits the powerall one well?

Yes, it fits nicely, with the jumper cables.

Unfortunately, I got a car that ran over it and damage some LEDs, but otherwise still working.

That one is actually a chinese clone of the powerall.

My original powerall is still safe. [laugh]

Yes, it fits nicely, with the jumper cables.

Unfortunately, I got a car that ran over it and damage some LEDs, but otherwise still working.

That one is actually a chinese clone of the powerall.

My original powerall is still safe. [laugh]

Thanks a lot for the tips, will get the case along then :)

Powerall + Case + 32GB micro SD (for in-car cam) = $128, just nice for free shipping [bounce2]

Another cheap alternative.

*edited out*

Back in the 90s, I had a KE70 panel van (cannot afford car). It weighed all of 820kg unladen. I remember 2 memorable jump starts :

1.) Old Pandan Road, alone, late night. Open driver door, push car on neutral and then jump inside car while it was moving to jump start.

2.) Multi story car park. push car to down ramp and jump in to start.

Unsafe? sort of but young and desperate back then.

This powercharger thing looks good, since it can power a mobile phone as well. But the cables look a bit thin.

• Praise 1

This powercharger thing looks good, since it can power a mobile phone as well. But the cables look a bit thin.

Yes, the jump start cable looks thin. It's 10 AWG, but that's about the largest wire that can fit in the EC5 connector.

But rest assured, it's enough to start most cars without heating up too much.

Also the length is relatively short, only about 8 inch, so any heating loss is minimal.

Amazon n powerall need thanks kb for their increase in sale lol...:-)

My purpose is to intro a good and useful product, not to promote powerall or Amazon. [:)]

Others may want to buy the cheapest, they may go search in aliexpress.

So the price range can be between US$60 to over US$200 depending on what you want.

However, there is always an inherent danger to lithium battery which may explode and catch fire, and this includes the battery in the mobile phone everyone is using.

Like someone who connects in wrong polarity, he should probably go for Noco Genius which has this protection.

But then there are people who do the standard jump start of connecting to another car and they can get it wrong as well and present a danger to themselves and the cars.

• Praise 3

Good to have a battery charger/maintainer, but you'll need a AC supply nearby to charge the battery.

When you go to your car and find a dead battery, or due to forgetting to switch off hazard/room light, dashboard camera or something drained the battery flat; a jump starter is definitely more useful at that time.

[thumbsup]

My purpose is to intro a good and useful product, not to promote powerall or Amazon. [:)]

So the price range can be between US$60 to over US$200 depending on what you want.

However, there is always an inherent danger to lithium battery which may explode and catch fire, and this includes the battery in the mobile phone everyone is using.

Like someone who connects in wrong polarity, he should probably go for Noco Genius which has this protection.

But then there are people who do the standard jump start of connecting to another car and they can get it wrong as well and present a danger to themselves and the cars.

Turbocharged

this jumper won't start up a car with a dead alternator right?

if not, any quick diy device like this we can get to get the car going till it reaches a ws?

• Praise 1

if not, any quick diy device like this we can get to get the car going till it reaches a ws?

Alternator's faults will not affect the starting,only starter's fault will,if really starter 'kaput',then too bad [furious] ,you either can push start[manual gearbox] or Tow truck..[Autobox]. :angry: [mad]

• Praise 1

Alternator purpose is to charge battery and power the car electrical systems, when the engine is running.

With the engine running and the alternator decides to fail, the only source of power is what's remaining in the battery.

So this device may start engine. But what happen next depends on how flat the battery is.

If the battery is already flat and the alternator is dead, the engine may just start up and then shut down.

There's no way to get you to the ws, unless you have another fully charge lead-acid battery connected.

In which case, you would not need this device in the first place.

Add a Amazon hard case, bcuz the 99usd one does not come with a box

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Universal-Travel-Electronics-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1QG/

It's easy to add up to $125.

Buy some batteries, pens, toothbrush or something else.

this case I have, good for keeping the chargers, extra batt, cables, SIM cards.. Neater.
↡ Advertisement