Beware motorized wheelchairs and scooters

Wbucket

Some of the motorised bike and scooters are very fast. I doubt by the time they use the speed gun their small bike can catch up with the offenders.

I guess they will deploy TP tactics too. Speedcam ahead, road block further down. Now cyclist must lookout for camera in the bushes and trees. :a-fun:

TP got no GTR also can catch a speeding GTR. [laugh]

Car-lite?

More of these bloody problems to come. <_<

I guess the day of car lite will never come........ sweet dream is good but make sure it doesn't turn into wet dream & mess up :D

The problem lies with increasing population..... the demand for transportation meant for people & goods be it public transport or privately owned transport or company owned transport will keep inline with the population

Car lite will never happen in SG with these few reasons ; Singaporean getting reacher , hot wheather , dangerous to cycling and too many rules Liao .

Twincharged

Car lite will never happen in SG with these few reasons ; Singaporean getting reacher , hot wheather , dangerous to cycling and too many rules Liao .

They can make it happen if they want to. Just reduce COE supply. Gradually reduce to the point where its only the people who are really rich that can afford a car.

Go to onemotoring & check vehicle population.  It has been drop since 2014.  If it is not car-lite, what's is it?

Twincharged

saw this on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor/videos/1685170278405726/

they really think they are superman or superwoman..... 

This uncle balls very big, cycle inbetween a big trailer and a car and the space in between is not that big. So fierce that trailer had to slow down to almost complete stop to let the uncle cycle back to left lane, if not will hit onto him. Wa lao eh..

Go to onemotoring & check vehicle population.  It has been drop since 2014.  If it is not car-lite, what's is it?

To me, I find that our traffic is more congested now compared to many years back despite new roads & expressway were built & widened.

So last time used to have a higher vehicle population but lighter traffic most probably many went to "eat snake".

And now more congested traffic despite drop in vehicle population because more uber, grabcar etc on the road? :grin:

This uncle balls very big, cycle inbetween a big trailer and a car and the space in between is not that big. So fierce that trailer had to slow down to almost complete stop to let the uncle cycle back to left lane, if not will hit onto him. Wa lao eh..

This is so call Car lite ....

I guess the day of car lite will never come........ sweet dream is good but make sure it doesn't turn into wet dream & mess up :D

The problem lies with increasing population..... the demand for transportation meant for people & goods be it public transport or privately owned transport or company owned transport will keep inline with the population

Car lite? Can... ask the leaders to set example.. transport minister everyday take MRT and bus and ditch his car.. i follow first

My encounters this morning, within minutes of each other....

1) See at which point in the video can you spot the e-bike.

If not for the van parked on the road side and I had to change lane in anticipation while keeping my eyes on the van, I might not have seen that bugger till the last minute.

2) The tiny blinking red light riding along nonchalantly, no checking of the right rear before riding across the filter lane where vehicles use to join to ECP. I do hope every other drivers do not miss this fella as he rides along on his way. Lesser of 2 morning evils.

Hypersonic

Anyone who has a large Li-on battery being charged at home, do monitor it regularly or charge it within open sight.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pasir-ris-flat-partially/2941810.html

SINGAPORE: Part of a flat in Pasir Ris was destroyed after a fire sparked by an apparently overheated e-bike battery on Friday evening (Jul 8). The owner of the five-room unit at Block 750, Pasir Ris Street 71 came home to find his living room gutted.

Mr Andy Nini, 44, told Channel NewsAsia his children - a son and two daughters - managed to flee the fire along with their domestic helper. He got a call that his flat was on fire at about 7pm, and said his mother, sister and neighbour helped take care of his children. His wife, Nancy, a radiography technician, was not at home at the time as well.

pasir-ris-st-71-flat-fire-data.jpg

The aircraft painter said he had left his e-bike to charge by the window at about 3pm that day, then headed to work. "I don't know what happened to the battery. Suddenly it burst," adding that it normally takes about five hours to be fully charged.

Mr Nini also said he bought the e-bike secondhand about four to five months ago, and had not modified it. 

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said it was alerted to the fire at 6.30pm and that four occupants of the home had safely evacuated by the time its officers arrived at the scene. SCDF sent a fire engine, two red rhinos, two fire bikes and an ambulance. The blaze was put out using two water jets. 

When Channel NewsAsia visited the scene, glass shards were seen at the foot of the block and the windows of the fourth-storey unit were blown out. 

pasir-ris-st-71-flat-fire-data.jpg

Mdm Hasnah Sidin, 63, who lives opposite the Ninis, said her daughter alerted the SCDF to the incident. She could see the fire from their doorway, she said. "I saw people shouting and I saw the fire and I came out. Everybody went down, so I went down. They said: 'Go down. Save your life first and go down.'" The children were "all crying" she added.

Mr Nini said aside from the living room, parts of the kitchen and dining area were also damaged, but he added that he is just thankful his family is okay. "Material things you can replace - my kids, I wouldn't know what on earth to do."

- CNA/ly

• Praise 1

Saw an old uncle in an Opel van who was driving at a slow creeping speed lightly knocked down a fat man with Gold dyed hair in black T shirt riding e scooter across pedestrain crossing. Driver probably did not see man on e scooter after stopping to let pedestrain cross.

Fat man got no injuries. Poor van driver uncle. Got a dressing down. Got scolding from fat man who kept shouting at him in Hokkien for a good ten mins. He kept repeating "My scooter cost $2,000".Scooter looks ok n working. No damage. Poor uncle kept quiet all these while.

Then saw him go ATM withdraw $1,000 to compensate the fat man.

Uncle may be wrong, but e scooter also not guilt free in scooting across pedestrain cross ing. No reason to shout and scold uncle for ten min. Drama.

Would u compensate if u were the van uncle?

For me, I will not compensate and make Police report instead, cos e scooter guy was very rule n unreasonable. In Msia, he may get bashed up if he behaved like that.

post-27974-0-17916600-1472648997_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Saw an old uncle in an Opel van who was driving at a slow creeping speed lightly knocked down a fat man with Gold dyed hair in black T shirt riding e scooter across pedestrain crossing. Driver probably did not see man on e scooter after stopping to let pedestrain cross.

Fat man got no injuries. Poor van driver uncle. Got a dressing down. Got scolding from fat man who kept shouting at him in Hokkien for a good ten mins. He kept repeating "My scooter cost $2,000".Scooter looks ok n working. No damage. Poor uncle kept quiet all these while.

Then saw him go ATM withdraw $1,000 to compensate the fat man.

Uncle may be wrong, but e scooter also not guilt free in scooting across pedestrain cross ing. No reason to shout and scold uncle for ten min. Drama.

Would u compensate if u were the van uncle?

For me, I will not compensate and make Police report instead, cos e scooter guy was very rule n unreasonable. In Msia, he may get bashed up if he behaved like that.

I think my father in law will give him ten dollars. Not joking.

• Praise 1

E-scooters seized after users caught speeding, riding recklessly

e-scooter-users-caught.jpg

SINGAPORE: Two electric scooter users caught speeding and riding recklessly have had their e-scooters seized, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said in a Facebook post on Wednesday (Oct 19).

The offenders were caught in separate LTA operations on Oct 15 and 18. The first rider was found speeding and riding recklessly on the road and across a zebra crossing at the junction of Yishun Avenue 2 and Avenue 3. The second rider was caught at Upper Aljunied Road.

The LTA said it conducted several operations over the past weeks after receiving complaints of e-scooter users riding recklessly at high speed along footpaths and on roads.

It also reminded e-scooter users not to ride their devices on the road, adding that it will not hesitate to take enforcement action against riders found doing so.

The LTA said earlier this month that more than 700 cyclists, e-bike and e-scooter users have been caught for reckless riding and received warnings.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/e-scooters-seized-after-users-caught-speeding-riding-recklessly/3217924.html

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 3