Beware motorized wheelchairs and scooters

Wbucket

Supersonic

How the hell we let this developed into a problem someone needs to answer lor.

With the problems, the actions also taking far to long to address them. Pressure from someone on top? What happen to commuters without the share bikes and motorized scooters days? [:/]

Everything was so well without these silly ideas being implemented.

Sent me your email address. Give you chance to tell them to the face.

p.s. I know the answer. No need to reply me.

Answer is not Bo Eng.

I will write to them myself. I'm already used writing complain emails to them about bus services even till now.

↡ Advertisement

Everything was so well without these silly ideas being implemented.

Answer is not Bo Eng.

I will write to them myself. I'm already used writing complain emails to them about bus services even till now.

Suit you.  If it doesn't go your way, don't come here and complain.

This is a focus group set up by Activity Mobility. 

Very likely they will tweak the rule here and there after that.

Supersonic

Suit you. If it doesn't go your way, don't come here and complain.

This is a focus group set up by Activity Mobility.

Very likely they will tweak the rule here and there after that.

I am more keen on what LTA is tackling this problem since the have the ultimate power to do so, and they are the ones giving the green light.

Twincharged

catch? i hope lorry run into all of them   [lipsrsealed]

wah lao, don't spoil and dirty the lorries la. i need my groceries, fuel and durians delivered on time ley.

must entice them to do this instead.

article-2387584-1B361627000005DC-901_634

Turbocharged

Our population must age faster and earlier so that they can have reason to justify to increase our population to 6.9 mill and bring in more foreigners.  [rolleyes]

Hmmm.......need to justify meh? [lipsrsealed]

64kg e-scooter among 10 PMDs seized in enforcement operations against errant riders

Their devices were seized under new laws, which state that these should weigh a maximum of 20kg, have a maximum width of 70cm and a maximum motorised speed of 25kmh.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/64kg-e-scooter-among-10-pmds-seized-in-enforcement-operations-against-errant

post-15968-0-10658200-1526603792_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

More than 3 times the weight limit.... Obviously some people not scared of the authorities. 

Kudos given to the enforcement. Hope more enforcement is conducted to keep our families who do not drive safer and prevent drivers from becoming responsible for people who do not value their own lives. 

64kg e-scooter among 10 PMDs seized in enforcement operations against errant riders

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/64kg-e-scooter-among-10-pmds-seized-in-enforcement-operations-against-errant

• Praise 2

More than 3 times the weight limit.... Obviously some people not scared of the authorities. 

Kudos given to the enforcement. Hope more enforcement is conducted to keep our families who do not drive safer and prevent drivers from becoming responsible for people who do not value their own lives. 

Enforcement not strong enough, I'm still seeing non-compliance / unregistered e-bikes and non-compliance e-scooters being ride around my area. A 10 minutes walk can easily see 3 to 4 such devices.

Also there is no enforcement on bicycles not fitted with brakes which are being ride in the public area and the worse part is that these bicycles are mostly ride by teenagers. Waiting for more reported accidents before the agency start to take action?

More enforcement can be make by getting in the Police as the police can easily spot those unregistered e-bikes, non-compliance e-scooters and bicycles not equipped with brakes when they do their patrolling either by car, bicycles or even walking.

• Praise 1

You want to tell LTA to the face?

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2696434-beware-motorized-wheelchairs-and-scooters/?p=6417799

Enforcement not strong enough, I'm still seeing non-compliance / unregistered e-bikes and non-compliance e-scooters being ride around my area. A 10 minutes walk can easily see 3 to 4 such devices.

Also there is no enforcement on bicycles not fitted with brakes which are being ride in the public area and the worse part is that these bicycles are mostly ride by teenagers. Waiting for more reported accidents before the agency start to take action?

More enforcement can be make by getting in the Police as the police can easily spot those unregistered e-bikes, non-compliance e-scooters and bicycles not equipped with brakes when they do their patrolling either by car, bicycles or even walking.

Feedback to TP/LTA with photo evidence until you see active enforcement lo.

No point to KPKB here.

• Praise 1

Frankly I would rather the escooterists or ebikers ride on the road and kill themselves than ride on pavements and kill innocent pedestrians....

• Praise 2

Feedback to TP/LTA with photo evidence until you see active enforcement lo.

No point to KPKB here.

Use HP point at them and take photo? I think those people will confront me or maybe beat me up. Actually, those places now got POI (Police camera) and if police are involve, they can easily know what time those group of people will be there and get LTA enforcement to go there and do enforcement.

(edited)

Use HP point at them and take photo? I think those people will confront me or maybe beat me up. Actually, those places now got POI (Police camera) and if police are involve, they can easily know what time those group of people will be there and get LTA enforcement to go there and do enforcement.

Without photo evidence, police will not take any action.

I can always give a lesson on discreet photo taking.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1