Beware motorized wheelchairs and scooters

Wbucket

Isn't it about time some law was brought in about motorised scooters, motorised bikes etc etc.

At least discuss the issues in Parliament.

So much in this thread is jaw dropping.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

saw this on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor/videos/1685170278405726/

they really think they are superman or superwoman.....

The music playing on the car cam...really underscore the why of this thread.

Unker, you dangerous err!

Which ERP gantry is it, number what?

Bicyclists on the road with IUs? Now that is an idea for nondescript hidden passive digital enforcement?

Edited by Datsun366

Twincharged

yep... I saw uncle doing a running tackle  [thumbsup]

But that boy kept punching the uncle huh... kids nowadays... no respect for elders  :a-noway:

Maybe not no respect for elders but fear of parents. When I was in Primary school, I got into an accident with a car while on my bicycle. First instinct was to run cuz my parents had warned me not to cycle on the roads when i am not with them. I was more afraid of my parents finding out about the incident then the person at that moment. Lol. 

Same thing might be going through the boy's head and his instinct is to escape so his parents won't know what happened.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I look forward to the day when the bothersome elections are over.

The police could then have a break and have a relatively easier job of regulating these escooter users.

They float across the road junctions. The electrical scooter/bicycles ride across pedestrian walkways and bridges. Not to mention the roads, happily in the middle of the carriage way I might add.

Is there a law that is stern and strict regarding these dangerous actions? Maciam along the likes of the no alcohol drinking after 2230hrs law?

Nowadays, we have local and foreigners riding, the foreigners do not share the same social coding as us locals. I see happy girls without helmets or lights riding their electric cycles, without due care around koon seng / TEMBELING / Joo chiat.

The electrical scooters dart across traffic junctions, sometimes at traffic junctions situated right before the police stations. We hope they are not employed as policemen or auxiliary staff or even canteen operators.

As a driver, the rampant unregulated use of these electrical transport devices is scary for drivers.

If I were a kepala (or hope to continue on as one )in the Ministry of Law, I would stop my car in the middle of the road and get out. I cannot afford to lose my hard work and effort over a road traffic accident with these simple people.

I hope the kepala in the Ministry understands and will help us drivers. After the distractions are over of course.

Thank you for helping us and saving the lives of the simple.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 2

2nd Gear

I look forward to the day when the bothersome elections are over.

The police could then have a break and have a relatively easier job of regulating these escooter users.

I don't see policeman as often now as I did in the past & I am very sure we are not having election all year round :D

5th Gear

I don't see policeman as often now as I did in the past & I am very sure we are not having election all year round :D

The weather so hot and some more must switch off engine ...,!

Turbocharged

LTA only wants car lite .... More to come !

Today news, going to have some walk ride cycle plan, reduce carpark lots for buildings so they can provide space for cyclists. Another idiot idea from the government. In other cities they encourage cycling AND provide bicycle lanes so cyclists can travel safely. Over here they want to encourage car-lite but last time people suggest bicycle lanes and the idea was shot down. So next time going to be car-lite and bicycles/scooters all going to be going crazy on the roads with no zheng hu. Good luck to us drivers.

Today as I was almost at the junction, going straight during green light, some goondu on electric scooter happily cut across from right to left. If I was slightly nearer to the junction I confirm high beam/horn and give him a good scare. It's so dangerous to drive across the junction when it's red light for your direction of travel.

Supercharged

Today news, going to have some walk ride cycle plan, reduce carpark lots for buildings so they can provide space for cyclists. Another idiot idea from the government. In other cities they encourage cycling AND provide bicycle lanes so cyclists can travel safely. Over here they want to encourage car-lite but last time people suggest bicycle lanes and the idea was shot down. So next time going to be car-lite and bicycles/scooters all going to be going crazy on the roads with no zheng hu. Good luck to us drivers.

Today as I was almost at the junction, going straight during green light, some goondu on electric scooter happily cut across from right to left. If I was slightly nearer to the junction I confirm high beam/horn and give him a good scare. It's so dangerous to drive across the junction when it's red light for your direction of travel.

no more a joy to drive anymore due to drop in level of traffic management. so easy for leaders to comment nowadays without even considering other linking factors given their level of management experience..

5th Gear

Nowadays driving so stress as always must look left and right whether got anything come out from both side .... That 's why rear accident is on the rise ! Too concentrate Liao on both side and neglect the in front and kiss others ass !

2nd Gear

Why would they be bothered since it's "li see li eh dai chi"....... because they are not on the road as frequent as we do and even they are, they are "shielded"! So what is there to worry for? :grin:   

Twincharged

yup another dumbass move. they just want to increase load to hospitals and funeral palours. too many cyclist and electric scooter riders think they are man and women of steel. Can challenge a car or worse a truck.

• Praise 1

Well, car lite comes with enforcement...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/first-team-of-active/2774468.html

Soon they will be issued summons... the enforcement officers are carrying SPEED GUN...

Look at how many motorists beating red lights at the junctions everyday & everywhere, speeding heavy vehicles occupying lane 2 & even lane 1. Now there's an interesting phenomenon that vans, trucks, buses like to occupy lane 2/3 on the expressways, leaving the left lane that they are actually supposed to be taking to passenger cars. 

So where are the enforcement officers?

It will be interesting to see how effective the enforcements on the cyclists can be

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3