Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

need confirmation on this. Say...

if car renewed coe at 9.5 yrs and regretted one month later and chose to scrap, still able to get back parf value?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Need some advice on a car left 10 months from a friend of my friend, 

It is a Toyota Picnic in working condition. Mileage is high as it is used for business.

The friend said I can either buy it at $20K+ (Parf is ~ $12k) or rent it at $1k per month.

I am thinking to rent it as I no need pay insurance (it will cover unnamed driver with more excess) and road tax. Also it might help avoid the biggest concern that what if the car broke and need major maintenance.

I will just use this car for slight use, warm up my driving skill before getting a new car, also waiting the COE, hopefully go down a few K. It is a 7 seat car, I actually don't like, might have higher fuel cost.

Thinking to negotiate to $800 per month, do you guys think this is a good deal or any concern on it? I don't have car insurance myself.

thanks very much,

Michael

I don't think so.

Once you renew COE (regardless of year), the PARF is already forfeited.

What you get back from a scrapped car with renewed COE is only the balance COE paid.

need confirmation on this. Say...

if car renewed coe at 9.5 yrs and regretted one month later and chose to scrap, still able to get back parf value?

I don't think so.

Once you renew COE (regardless of year), the PARF is already forfeited.

What you get back from a scrapped car with renewed COE is only the balance COE paid.

Is that right? I thought these 2 components are different.

It is a fact that PARF rebate is forfeited once COE is renewed.

Feel free to check with LTA for confirmation.

Is that right? I thought these 2 components are different.

• Praise 1

That too is what my understanding is. But the post #2676 stated otherwise.

Or I misinterpret it?

Parf is forfeited upon reaching 10th years irregardless whether you renew COE. So you can still get your scrap upon reaching 10th years even if you renew COE before 10th year.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are talking.

From what I know:

Deregister car after COE expiry = get back PARF rebate

Renew COE = forfeit any PARF rebate

From your post:

"Parf is forfeited upon reaching 10th years irregardless whether you renew COE" - this is wrong. If you deregister the vehicle upon COE expiry of first 10 years, you get back PARF rebate.

"So you can still get your scrap upon reaching 10th years even if you renew COE before 10th year." - I don't know what "scrap" refers to in your case.

Parf is forfeited upon reaching 10th years irregardless whether you renew COE. So you can still get your scrap upon reaching 10th years even if you renew COE before 10th year.

Neutral Newbie

Your Car Left 6 months to 5 years? Direct buyer here looking for 30 cars. Vios/Altis/Wish/Camry/Jazz/Stream all very welcome. OTHER MAKES pls pm me for more info. Reasonable and fast buyer, successfully closed 70+ cars with MCFers here. SMS your car to 92999912 for more info.

Honestly, I do not understand what he is talking. Look at his latest reply to me.

Do you?

That too is what my understanding is. But the post #2676 stated otherwise.

Or I misinterpret it?

Neutral Newbie

Make: Honda 
Model: Civic 1.8A

Mileage: 174k
Colour : Galaxy grey
COE Expiry Date: 21 December 2016
Min Parf: $11,178

Handover 31July +- few days.

Please offer through PM. Thanks.

(edited)

Honestly, I do not understand what he is talking. Look at his latest reply to me.

Do you?

as far as i am concerned, it contradicts to my understanding of LTA parf system.

Edited by Hamburger

(edited)

Are you sure that the full PARF rebate can be encashed upon renewal of COE for car less than 10 years old?

If it can be done, everyone would be renewing their COEs before 10 years to get their PARF rebate.

The link you showed me is for COE balance rebate for renewed COE car scrapped before the renewed COE expires.

Edited by Beehive3783

Supercharged
(edited)

There's no contradiction to PARF value at all. The PARF rebate is REFUNDED AFTER THE CAR IS DE-REGISTERED AND SCRAPPED / EXPORTED. So if the car's COE is renewed, I don't think anyone with the right mind will proceed to DE-REGISTER and SCRAP / EXPORT the car.

If the hyperlink owner decides to DE-REGISTER the car and scrapped it, then yes he must do it before the PARF value expires on 27 Jul 2016. However, the hyperlink owner CANNOT encash the PARF value WITHOUT DE-REGISTERING the car and SENDING it to the scrap yard.

So after 27 Jul 2016, the only rebate left will be the COE rebate amount.

Edited by Carnoob
  • Praise 3

Are you sure that the full PARF rebate can be encashed upon renewal of COE for car less than 10 years old?

If it can be done, everyone would be renewing their COEs before 10 years to get their PARF rebate.

The link you showed me is for COE balance rebate for renewed COE car scrapped before the renewed COE expires.

I think his case is because his new COE is in the processing of taking effect in the following month and the PARF of the car is still eligible currently until the existing COE is due next week. 

Turbocharged

There's no contradiction to PARF value at all. The PARF rebate is REFUNDED AFTER THE CAR IS DE-REGISTERED AND SCRAPPED / EXPORTED. So if the car's COE is renewed, I don't think anyone with the right mind will proceed to DE-REGISTER and SCRAP / EXPORT the car.

If the hyperlink owner decides to DE-REGISTER the car and scrapped it, then yes he must do it before the PARF value expires on 27 Jul 2016. However, the hyperlink owner CANNOT encash the PARF value WITHOUT DE-REGISTERING the car and SENDING it to the scrap yard.

So after 27 Jul 2016, the only rebate left will be the COE rebate amount.

I had  a friend who renewed the COE for his conti car 6 mths before its 120th month (10th year) as COE was heading north at an escalating pace back in 2011.

Within 3 months, his car's gearbox & aircon  failed.

He ended up scrapping his car and got back PARF & pro rated COE.

• Praise 1

Honda Civic 1.6 auto

Registered 24/10/2006

White colour

Parf $10390

02 transfer

Come with decent sound system pioneer 4350mp dvd n 3 month old pps tyre

Battery abit weak n front left suspension not gd

Overall is a well maintain car

Mileage 150000 only

Current paper ard 10500 body 1000

Ard $500 per month till scrap