Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

this thread's header is .... `get rid of', meaning sell slightly above scrap value but it seems to have lost its purpose.

There are a couple of forummers who's reasonable but again, there are some who tries their luck by asking dealers selling price (read: not dealer buy-in price) 

haha, I share the same thoughts with you.

maybe trying to pull a fast one..

or dealer business not that good, trying to decoy as a direct owner, hoping someone will bite the bait..

I even seen people asking for scrap value like $1-2K..

amazing, wait until they send to scrap yard and had a shock of their life.

if yard can offer you like $200, you consider very lucky.

of course, does not applies for those 'export' cars.

take this thread with a pitch of salt [laugh]

Kelisa is an easy to maintain car and if well taken care of, more of a good buy.

But the safety of the car is questionable and if price beyond 5k a year. I would not want to take the chance.

Sell to the dealer if they offer what is mentioned.

yeah, almost all the Malaysian that I know, owns a kelisa or the other model.

price is like RM6k?

pretty good and reliable.

even get to drive a kelisa turbo version before.

• Praise 1

this thread's header is .... `get rid of', meaning sell slightly above scrap value but it seems to have lost its purpose.

There are a couple of forummers who's reasonable but again, there are some who tries their luck by asking dealers selling price (read: not dealer buy-in price) 

buy from dealer have lemon law... although not so useful but at least have something to cover when problem with engine or GB and dealer did touch up the car too...

buy from direct seller, what u see what u get, if car got problem later, suck thumb. A lot direct seller put they price close to dealer and said cheaper in market.

If direct seller price close to dealer selling price then better get from dealer.

on other hand... i observed that dealer take in price for civic with COE expire in Jan'18 at ~ 16k but later their selling price is at ~22k which is about 6 to 7k.

Anyone do observed the same? and the deprecation/year for most Japanese make it abt the same regardless you buy civic, FIT, Camry, Latio....etc

• Praise 1

Quoting Thread Starter's question "I'm looking for ppl selling their 9 year old ride...pls pm me :) you guys think its worth it to buy over a 9 year old car at close to scrap value?"

I think depreciation can be calculated 2 ways....with intention to scrap at end of COE and not to scrap and renew COE

My car, Honda Fit's depreciation explained as follow...brand new parts changed less than 6 months ago - RE003 tyres / Original stock suspension (shocks and absorbers) / OEM idle pulley bearing and belt / Bosch battery / MPM 5w30 engine oil / front slotted disc brake rotors and pads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At end of COE

COE expiring date: 31 Jan 2018

PARF rebate on 30 Jan 2018: $7,091

COE rebate on 30 Feb 2017: $1,171 ($0 on 30 Jan 2018)

Balance months left: 11 months

Selling price is $8,000 above PARF: $15,000

"Intend to Scrap" Depreciation: ($8,000 - $1,171) / 11 = $620 per month (If transfer done on 30 Feb 2017)

Renew COE

"Intend to Renew COE" Depreciation: ($15,000 - $1,171) / 11 = $1,257 per month (If transfer done on 30 Feb 2017)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am seeing in sgcarmart, those renew COE cars (5yrs for example), their selling price is with the following costs' components...

Renewed 5yrs COE: for example $25,000

ex-PARF value: for example $8,000

Profit: for example $5,000

Selling price = $25k + $8k + $5k = $38,000

Edited by Cephas
  • Praise 3

buy from dealer have lemon law... although not so useful but at least have something to cover when problem with engine or GB and dealer did touch up the car too...

buy from direct seller, what u see what u get, if car got problem later, suck thumb. A lot direct seller put they price close to dealer and said cheaper in market.

If direct seller price close to dealer selling price then better get from dealer.

on other hand... i observed that dealer take in price for civic with COE expire in Jan'18 at ~ 16k but later their selling price is at ~22k which is about 6 to 7k.

Anyone do observed the same? and the deprecation/year for most Japanese make it abt the same regardless you buy civic, FIT, Camry, Latio....etc

Lemon law only covers for 06 months from date of purchase.

Let's say you reported a problem & the dealer send it for repair but the problem is reoccurring intermittently after subsequent follow-up of repair & not resolved after 06 months

Is the dealer going to solve your problem after the coverage period ?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Quoting Thread Starter's question "I'm looking for ppl selling their 9 year old ride...pls pm me :) you guys think its worth it to buy over a 9 year old car at close to scrap value?"

I think depreciation can be calculated 2 ways....with intention to scrap at end of COE and not to scrap and renew COE

My car, Honda Fit's depreciation explained as follow...brand new parts changed less than 6 months ago - RE003 tyres / Original stock suspension (shocks and absorbers) / OEM idle pulley bearing and belt / Bosch battery / MPM 5w30 engine oil / front slotted disc brake rotors and pads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At end of COE

COE expiring date: 31 Jan 2018

COE rebate on 30 Feb 2017: $1,171 ($0 on 30 Jan 2018)

Selling price is $8,000 above PARF: $15,000

"Intend to Scrap" Depreciation: ($8,000 - $1,171) / 11 = $620 per month (If transfer done on 30 Feb 2017)

Renew COE

"Intend to Renew COE" Depreciation: ($15,000 - $1,171) / 11 = $1,257 per month (If transfer done on 30 Feb 2017)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am seeing in sgcarmart, those renew COE cars (5yrs for example), their selling price is with the following costs' components...

actually for clarity, posters should include the 4 all important info ie

asking price :

Date of Reg :

COE paid :

OMV :

people that come to this thread looking for such short time cars would usually know how to calculate with the 3 figures

if not there is an excellent spreadsheet somewhere in the Resources folder that can be used as well.

Edited by Ruggles
  • Praise 2

actually for clarity, posters should include the 4 all important info ie

asking price :

Date of Reg :

COE paid :

OMV :

people that come to this thread looking for such short time cars would usually know how to calculate with the 3 figures

if not there is an excellent spreadsheet somewhere in the Resources folder that can be used as well.

Thank you for your reply.

Asking price = selling price which already indicated

Date of Reg = COE expiry date - 10yrs = 31 Jan 2008

COE paid = $15,601 (correction to my earlier COE rebate amount, it should be $1,284 as of 28 Feb 2017 as there is no 30 Feb 2017)

OMV = $12,893

• Praise 1

My car, Honda Fit (GE6)'s depreciation explained as follow...brand new parts changed less than 6 months ago - RE003 tyres / Original stock suspension (shocks and absorbers) / OEM idle pulley bearing and belt / Bosch battery / MPM 5w30 engine oil / front slotted disc brake rotors and pads.

At end of COE

COE expiring date: 31 Jan 2018 (Original registration date: 31 Jan 2008)

COE rebate on 28 Feb 2017: $1,284 ($0 on 30 Jan 2018) (COE paid: $15,601)

Open market value: $12,893

Selling aka Asking price is $8,000 above PARF: $15,000

"Intend to Scrap" Depreciation: ($8,000 - $1,284) / 11 = $610 per month (If transfer done on 28 Feb 2017)

Renew COE

"Intend to Renew COE" Depreciation: ($15,000 - $1,284) / 11 = $1,246 per month (If transfer done on 28 Feb 2017)

Sorry Bro.

Dont know which era you are from.

Click the link.

Toyota Vios already going at 9.2k depreciation from dealers bid.

http://www.quotz.com.sg/auction/info.php?AID=18158

Colleague is open to negotiations for a fair price.

Dealers already quoting her 9K+

Please get your facts right first before posting.

BTW, if you have an alright honda or toyota going for 7K deprec, please look for me.

Dont listen to others' bulls**t. 7k dep is a fair price.

I mean fair price to your colleague. I am sure she got this because she is a pleasant lady. If we guys go, dealer surely asks us to scrap.

Cannot use renewed coe car to compare bcos 7k renewed coe accord has better safety to kelisa. That i guarantee..

I have no experience as an experienced car dealer and i am not a car dealer, i only changed a few cars last 2 yrs to try out many different cars - met a few nice ppl here and direct buyers too.

So i think what i have mentioned is worth a few cents la or i hope so.

Edited by Sei_fei_loh
  • Praise 2

Regarding the Kelisa,

fair comments to all to a certain extent.

I just feel a fair price is always somewhere between Dealer buying and selling price.

Why I dont encourage buying from dealers is because they tweak the mileage so often.

Dont believe? See the 8-9 year cars with mileage of just past 100K.

Anyway, she has agreed to reduce the pricing to 10+ and will put up at Sgcarmart soon.

Cheers.

Edited by Deividz
  • Praise 2

Regarding the Kelisa,

I just feel a fair price is always somewhere between Dealer buying and selling price.

Why I dont encourage buying from dealers is because they tweak the mileage so often.

Anyway, she has agreed to reduce the pricing to 10+ and will put up at Sgcarmart soon.

Cheers.

Jun 2008 kelisa $10.8k

Manual though.

Maybe your fren can try same price for auto but she willing to give warranty?

• Praise 1

Lemon law only covers for 06 months from date of purchase.

Let's say you reported a problem & the dealer send it for repair but the problem is reoccurring intermittently after subsequent follow-up of repair & not resolved after 06 months

Is the dealer going to solve your problem after the coverage period 

Agreed 6 months, still better then nothing...i know lemon law valid between car dealer and buy.

Does the lemon law is valid for the deal between direct car owner and buyer also? 

Edited by Lilukl
  • Praise 2

is unlikely anyone direct can get to buy from direct owners at 600/mth because likely those jap car owners will trade in for a new ride to dealer, or already sell to Uber/Grab at 700/mth.

driving in Singapore is expensive, naturally all the car owners need to get the best price for their car. Used cars 1-2 yrs left are the hottest now because of uncertainty from Grab/Uber companies. And they buy very fast one, not like us drivers still look here and there so unsure... lol  

• Praise 1

Agreed 6 months, still better then nothing...i know lemon law valid between car dealer and buy.

Does the lemon law is valid for the deal between direct car owner and buyer also?

No. Direct seller to direct owner, lemon law doesnt applies

Regarding the Kelisa,

Cheers.

dont mind i give my 2 cents. ive been buying near coe end cars for 1+ years.

fairness of price and what people are willing to pay sometimes dont match. seems like kelisas dont fetch prices anywhere near other makes cept for chinese makes. 300-400/month is what ppl would expect. u can try to wait for outliers to bite on 500-600/mth .

but thats gonna take some time and plenty of luck.

Edited by terencewang
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, a Honda Civic 2.0A for sale.

2nd owner, mileage 200,000km+

COE till 10 Apr 2018 (13+ months remaining)

Min Parf $11,764

Dereg value $14,973 (as of today, 24 Feb 2017)

Asking $21,500 - $3,000 = $18,500

Require warm up before driving as gear difficult to change in lower gear when cold. After warm up no problem. Hence $3,000 deduction for gearbox overhaul. Can still drive if you do not wish to overhaul gearbox.

Engine mounting, battery, valve cover seal replaced with prove of receipts.

No other issue/problem.

Please drop me a PM if you are interested.

• Praise 2

To all who PM me,

My apologies for not replying to your PM. In view of so many PMs and I am currently not in town, I will only get back to you all when I am back.

Hi guys, a Honda Civic 2.0A for sale.

2nd owner, mileage 200,000km+

COE till 10 Apr 2018 (13+ months remaining)

Min Parf $11,764

Dereg value $14,973 (as of today, 24 Feb 2017)

Asking $21,500 - $3,000 = $18,500

Require warm up before driving as gear difficult to change in lower gear when cold. After warm up no problem. Hence $3,000 deduction for gearbox overhaul. Can still drive if you do not wish to overhaul gearbox.

Engine mounting, battery, valve cover seal replaced with prove of receipts.

No other issue/problem.

Please drop me a PM if you are interested.

↡ Advertisement