Motorcycle accidents 'mostly of rider's doing'

Ender

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/one-motorcyclist-in-an-accident-every-two-hours-heavy-vehicle-accidents-on-the

"...Latest TP figures show that every two hours, at least one motorcyclist or pillion rider is involved in an accident, hurt or killed...Accidents involving heavy vehicles also rose by in the first half of this year, with 463 cases reported..."

"...From Jan to Sept this year, covert officers recorded about 4,500 violations - a threefold increase as compared to the same period last year (2015)..."

Just wondering what are the contributing factors to cause the 300% increase of violations?

Anyway, I think ST is promoting TP stealthy petrols on the road...maybe this will reduce the number of accidents and violations..if motorists have the time to read ST  [laugh]

TP thought can reduce manpower by using more and more cameras. Seems like road patrol is still needed to deter bad driving behaviour on the expressways.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/one-motorcyclist-in-an-accident-every-two-hours-heavy-vehicle-accidents-on-the

"...Latest TP figures show that every two hours, at least one motorcyclist or pillion rider is involved in an accident, hurt or killed...Accidents involving heavy vehicles also rose by in the first half of this year, with 463 cases reported..."

"...From Jan to Sept this year, covert officers recorded about 4,500 violations - a threefold increase as compared to the same period last year (2015)..."

Just wondering what are the contributing factors to cause the 300% increase of violations?

Anyway, I think ST is promoting TP stealthy petrols on the road...maybe this will reduce the number of accidents and violations..if motorists have the time to read ST  [laugh]

merged here

final warning to search for relevant threads before I do the necessary

merged here

final warning to search for relevant threads before I do the necessary

Sorry abt it.

My purpose is to ask abt why the increase of 300% violation. I did search before I post. maybe my thread title can be named better.

Sorry abt it.

My purpose is to ask abt why the increase of 300% violation. I did search before I post. maybe my thread title can be named better.

it's ok.  its HOW you search

How come I can find a similar thread and link?  MODs no have super powers hor

I just did a search on 'accidents' and there you go!

it's ok. its HOW you search

How come I can find a similar thread and link? MODs no have super powers hor

I just did a search on 'accidents' and there you go!

Thks for the advice.

I did search on accident. and my purpose of the thread is with relation to the ST article abt the increase of 300% violation. so I didn't see it as overlap with other thread. anyway, will take note. I'm pretty new. still learning things here in this forum.

Thks for the advice.

I did search on accident. and my purpose of the thread is with relation to the ST article abt the increase of 300% violation. so I didn't see it as overlap with other thread. anyway, will take note. I'm pretty new. still learning things here in this forum.

yes, and regardless 300% OR 3000%, it still inculcates the simialrity

there is another thread on violation tho and perhaps it could be sited there

Thks for the advice.

case in point!

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2686299-fewer-traffic-accidents-but-more-violations-recorded-in-2012/?hl=violation

I feel bikers are more garang and reckless.

When I change lane, with signalling I often expect the car behind to horn and flash.

But bikers, usually lane splitting, will point finger and come play game with you riding besides and challenging you.

He come to my left, I swerve to the left. He come to my right, I swerve to the right.

Such bikers should learn to use their little brain a bit more.

But the ego is too big to fit in that little helmet.