Motorcycle accidents 'mostly of rider's doing'

Ender

:D , I long time never login to MCF liao, didn't know got such thing [:p]

Tell your girl to bounce more in MCF...

Haha by doing that u will be punished by 50 dislike points

Accumulate 50 dislike points must fine $10 petrol voucher...

↡ Advertisement

13/11/14. Dangers of lorry not securing their items.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/motorcyclist-loses-control-after-canvas-lorry-flies-him-

SINGAPORE - In a heavy downpour, a large canvas detaches from the back of a lorry and flies right into a motorcyclist riding behind the vehicle, causing him to tumble on the road.

This was the scene captured by a video sent to citizen journalism website Stomp on Thursday. In the video taken at 4.50pm on Wednesday on the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) at Bukit Batok Flyover, the motorcyclist and his motorcycle were seen sliding along the wet and slippery road for a few metres. The lorry drives off without stopping

Not easy to avoid. Usually I'll go dead slow and give a honk before proceeding.

I find tat it's a design fault of the place. A mirror would help to prevent such accident. Anyway, a wake up call to those whom cycle their motorized bicycle like a boss

Police report made just in case he claim i bang him.

But the uncle was fine. Really want to cycle away first chance he got (not on video).

New car leh (2 mths old) so heart pain looking at the dent and scratches on bonnet and bumper.

I take it as lesson learnt.

not surprise in such statistic at all... With daily encounters of bikers riding like no tomoro, who to blame? I dont think i need to share those scary encounters with the bikers as I believe any drivers with 1 or 2 yrs of driving experience should encounter more than dozen of such reckless rider... I only pity their family....

• Praise 1

Same lah. Be it motorcycles, cars, taxis, bus, lorries, bicycles, skateboards...

All have the same type of species controlling such modes of transport. They are called human beings. Pointing just one of the transport out doesn't change the fact that human beings are behind all accidents that occured.

• Praise 3

Not easy to avoid. Usually I'll go dead slow and give a honk before proceeding.

I find tat it's a design fault of the place. A mirror would help to prevent such accident. Anyway, a wake up call to those whom cycle their motorized bicycle like a boss

the motorized cyclist is supposed to dismount & push slowly across..its not the driver's fault

See lah, never wear protection. Whose fault?

If the toopid van never anyhow turn he wear or nv wear also wont get hurt what... haha... but still wear is safer but mafan... [lipsrsealed]

Actually for us to treat bikes as cars, they should start behaving like one. Instead of squeezing and driving on the lane markings, they should keep to the centre of the lane.

Also one very common mistakes by riders, which alot riders are not aware is that, they are not allowed on the extreme right lane on expressways. As cars are moving fast, it is difficult for them to react to bikes weaving in and out of traffic. Further, bike have a much more smaller dimension than a car. Which most drivers easily missed them out. But for riders, to cover their own ass, keep to the CENTRE of the lane and you are safe.

Usually they are not able to claim 100% against the other party in a RTA cos they themselves are not keeping to their lanes. ..

As for drivers, just keep a look out for them. Afterall it is not worth to be involved with a RTA with them...

where you learn that rule

here's what TP reply when i email them

Dear Sir/Madam,

We refer to your email for 18 September 2014 and sincerely apologise for the late response of your email.

2 Please be informed that there is no regulation stating that motorcycles are not allowed in lane 1 of the expressways.

3 I will also like to share with you our internet website should you wish to log on to read more about our road safety efforts. (http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/ )

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
(SR#: SR/20140919/0258) - Activity # - 1-Y6YCM: FW: Motorcycle riding on extreme right lane

Dear Sir/Madam,

We refer to your email for 18 September 2014 and sincerely apologise for the late response of your email.

2 Please be informed that there is no regulation stating that motorcycles are not allowed in lane 1 of the expressways.

3 I will also like to share with you our internet website should you wish to log on to read more about our road safety efforts. (http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/ )

4 Every Life Matters. Together, we can have safer roads. Thank you.

Warm regards,

Muhd Nur Ashraf

Assistant Service Quality Officer

Traffic Police Department | Singapore Police Force

most of the time the kissing part be it motorcycle or 4 wheel vehicle is because they fail to practice 2 second rule

especially 4 wheel drive

they so kiasu that following 2 second rule will make other vehicle squeeze between his car and the car infront, thus to prevent this they drive so close thinking they can brake in time

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

where you learn that rule

here's what TP reply when i email them

Dear Sir/Madam,

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
(SR#: SR/20140919/0258) - Activity # - 1-Y6YCM: FW: Motorcycle riding on extreme right lane

Dear Sir/Madam,

4 Every Life Matters. Together, we can have safer roads. Thank you.

Warm regards,

Muhd Nur Ashraf

Assistant Service Quality Officer

Traffic Police Department | Singapore Police Force

So true.

The rule stating no motorcycle on lane 1 is IN FACT VALID, albeit 25 YEARS AGO on what was known as Highway Code back then.

In the years of today, it has been revised to be called 'Basic Theory'. Learner drivers and riders have to sit for their Basic Theory Test, Final Theory Test and for riders - Basic Theory, Riding Theory.

Many of the old time drivers are unaware that the 'highway codes' they learnt back then are already obsolete hence the misunderstanding that motorcycles are not allowed on lane 1. And of cos as we all know, lane 1 is only supposed to be for overtaking but most of the times we see lane 1 congested with vehicles (motorcycles and cars alike).

Why go lane 1? Lane 3 and 4 are the new fast lane. [;)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2