Motorcycle accidents 'mostly of rider's doing'

Ender

Why go lane 1? Lane 3 and 4 are the new fast lane.

agreed with what you mentioned..but I'm more concerned with motorcyclists travelling on lane 1.5, 2.5 or 3.5(when there is no situation of traffic pile-up)

how come the road become very bouncy before he crashed?

There is road works in progress at the crash site, it could be gravel on uneven road surface caused the bike lost traction and balance [:/]

Think the police van’s path was blocked by the white lorry, then abruptly changed lane without signaling. Poor motorcyclist.

But lately, have seen a lot of motorcycles riding on the outermost lane.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/motorcycle-and-police-van-involved-collision-along-pie-20141119

SINGAPORE - A motorcycle and police van were involved in a collision along the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) on Tuesday morning. A video of the incident was recorded by another motorist and uploaded to citizen journalism website Stomp. In the video, the police van is in the second lane from the middle divider while the motorcyclist is travelling between the right most and second lane. The van is seen changing lanes and moving into the right-most lane before the accident happens

• Praise 2

Think the police van’s path was blocked by the white lorry, then abruptly changed lane without signaling. Poor motorcyclist.

But lately, have seen a lot of motorcycles riding on the outermost lane.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/motorcycle-and-police-van-involved-collision-along-pie-20141119

SINGAPORE - A motorcycle and police van were involved in a collision along the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) on Tuesday morning. A video of the incident was recorded by another motorist and uploaded to citizen journalism website Stomp. In the video, the police van is in the second lane from the middle divider while the motorcyclist is travelling between the right most and second lane. The van is seen changing lanes and moving into the right-most lane before the accident happens

Biker was zipping tru traffic and appear on the blind spot of the van, van was avoiding the lorry.

Lately with stormy weather still see a lot of bikers riding like they got 9 lives.

Biker was zipping tru traffic and appear on the blind spot of the van, van was avoiding the lorry.

Lately with stormy weather still see a lot of bikers riding like they got 9 lives.

What a arshole, that white lorry that caused the accident simply escaped

As long as bikers continue to ride in between lanes, they should expect their fate, to be in the hands of vehicles who wants to change lane.

Roads are not built with a invisible in-between lanes for motorbikes.

Edited by Kb27

Watching some of these accidents don't know want to laugh or cry. Ha.......

Esp the last one. First time see drunk biker.

The funniest biker caught in action among others is the one riding a small scooter exiting to major road in [:/] uncontrollable speed of his own scooter and bring him together dashing straight forward knocking his head against the metal rail on the opposite side of the road [dizzy]:wacko:

• Praise 2

I try to remember ask my motrcyclist-colleague, who confessed witnessing a few motorcycle accidents before his own eyes. Since he had misss one for himself after he had one himself a few months back.

I am just puzzled if so many motorcyclists somehow believe themselves to be accident-proof. I still like to believe no one wants to get hurt. But why do they choose the motorcycle when they have other choices? [confused]

I have class 2,3,4 so before anyone says anything, I guess I am qualified to say my piece.

I drive to work and on holidays when I need to drive. I ride for leisure when I want to enjoy the ride.

While I ride on the road, I take defensive approach and never assume I deserve impunity.

When I drive my car, I take a cautious approach and never assume that I possess prerogative.

I have the choice between a motorcycle and a car, I respect the rider as a human being even when they zoom past me recklessly. I will do my part to ensure that he gets home safely. I show skepticism whenever I ride my motorcycle never taking chances. I have stayed accident free on my motorcycle since 2001, my last motorcycle accident was in the last corner of PG on my 250cc.

The public road is for commuting. Aggression is reserved for the racetracks.

If you want to be safe, then go and take a bus. Don't even drive because I can also ask a similar question, why choose the car when you might cause someone to get hurt? Take the bus and MRT, at least you won't be responsible, you can bring down the possibilities of killing someone on the road. It is about mutual respect and ego worths nothing. You are merely another road user even when you drive an Aston Martin.

Unless you understand that it is the respect for life that counts, you will never understand the crux of riding.

Of course, this is merely my opinion and you are free to dispute.

• Praise 3

I have class 2,3,4 so before anyone says anything, I guess I am qualified to say my piece.

I drive to work and on holidays when I need to drive. I ride for leisure when I want to enjoy the ride.

While I ride on the road, I take defensive approach and never assume I deserve impunity.

When I drive my car, I take a cautious approach and never assume that I possess prerogative.

I have the choice between a motorcycle and a car, I respect the rider as a human being even when they zoom past me recklessly. I will do my part to ensure that he gets home safely. I show skepticism whenever I ride my motorcycle never taking chances. I have stayed accident free on my motorcycle since 2001, my last motorcycle accident was in the last corner of PG on my 250cc.

The public road is for commuting. Aggression is reserved for the racetracks.

If you want to be safe, then go and take a bus. Don't even drive because I can also ask a similar question, why choose the car when you might cause someone to get hurt? Take the bus and MRT, at least you won't be responsible, you can bring down the possibilities of killing someone on the road. It is about mutual respect and ego worths nothing. You are merely another road user even when you drive an Aston Martin.

Unless you understand that it is the respect for life that counts, you will never understand the crux of riding.

Of course, this is merely my opinion and you are free to dispute.

Very few drivers / drivers are out to kill or injure others on the roads. But when roads are congested and road users are rushing most of the time (meetings, appointments etc) in the hectic life they lead (very common in places like sgp), they will unintentionally do stupid things and cause injuries / death to other road users. Therefore congestions / life style / pace of life etc have an impact of road tolls / death etc.

Congestions --- it's a national issues, LTA / TP may have partial solutions if they really want to solve the problems.

Life style / pace of life --- not easy to change.

↡ Advertisement