Boringchap daily cook n food blog

Boringchap

Ate for the first time at Nakhon Kitchen, the branch at Pasir Panjang branch. 

The last time I was at Holland Village in the evening, I noticed a very long line outside a restaurant.  That time, I didn't know about Nakhon Kitchen.  Here was the line.  Later on, I found out that this place was famous for inexpensive Thai cuisine. 

So today, we decided to go the branch at Pasir Panjang, thinking that it would be less crowded.  Fortunately we arrived early enough to get seats.  Even though this place was out of the way for most people, the restaurant was crowded.  The food was decent, prices were inexpensive.  What caught my attention was using a toilet roll as tissue paper on the table.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Went to this eatery called Wa Cow! located at U-Town of the National University of Singapore.  The food wasn't cheap but the place was quite full!  They sold Neh Neh Pop ice-cream too. Outside, could see the cheerleading team warming up.

Subsequently, we went outside to watch the cheerleading team in action.  Scary stuff leh.

Yong Tau Foo lunch.  Soup.  Trying to lose some weight, but I still eat too much.

Prawn noodles, oh prawn noodles!  Ghim Moh Food center.

• Praise 2

I've catered food from Elsie's Kitchen for my 2 kids Man Yue.

I think their food is not too bad compared to the usual bigger catering companies. No complaints. But your budget really huge. Mine was like the 12+ dollar/pax.

Catered food from Elsie's Kitchen.  This was their $23/pax menu (one of the most expensive, or the most expensive menus).  They gave a lot of food, and it was good.

(edited)

I've catered food from Elsie's Kitchen for my 2 kids Man Yue.

I think their food is not too bad compared to the usual bigger catering companies. No complaints. But your budget really huge. Mine was like the 12+ dollar/pax.

LOL.  Well, we wanted to treat our church friends and some relatives to a very good meal & it was also like a Christmas celebration as it was close to Christmas day.  Rather than bring them out to a restaurant, it was much more economical to invite them to our home and cater some nice food.  Privileged and blessed to be able to host, hence decided not to cut back on the budget. 

Edited by Boringchap

LOL.  Well, we wanted to treat our church friends and some relatives to a very good meal & it was also like a Christmas celebration as it was close to Christmas day.  Rather than bring them out to a restaurant, it was much more economical to invite them to our home and cater some nice food.  Privileged and blessed to be able to host, hence decided not to cut back on the budget. 

well from now on, if i order the more expensive buffet option from them, i know someone who has tried it before lol 

well from now on, if i order the more expensive buffet option from them, i know someone who has tried it before lol 

We catered their most expensive menu twice last year, and both times it was very good.  Hope they keep up the standard.  

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Just to say the Sky Team Lounges are not very good.

Been to the ones in Hanoi, HCMC, Singapore and Heathrow quite a few times now.

Always disappointed compared to the other BC Lounges we've been in.

The BC Lounges in HCMC and Hanoi are awful for food.

• Praise 1

Just to say the Sky Team Lounges are not very good.

Been to the ones in Hanoi, HCMC, Singapore and Heathrow quite a few times now.

Always disappointed compared to the other BC Lounges we've been in.

The BC Lounges in HCMC and Hanoi are awful for food.

Yeah.  The SkyTeam lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4 was quite a let-down indeed.  Heathrow has pretty good lounges these days for Star Alliance. The Virgin Clubhouse was very good too.

Nasi Lemak Burger.

Tung Lok Signatures Seafood Set Dinner

Four Fingers Chicken 2 Pax Meal.

Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant Casual Dining.  Thin crust pizza and more.

Been a few months since I posted here.  More food videos.

This from Crystal Jade Dining-In. 6 Course meal.

Song Garden Mecure Hotel, where I had soup in a big stone bowl.

If you like Pineapple Tarts, try some from Kele.  Pretty good.

• Praise 1

On a fast food theme.

This was a McDonalds in Guangzhou, China, beside the hotel we stayed at.

And another McDonalds in China, this time in the Guangzhou Airport departure area. We were waiting for our flight back home to Singapore.  This McDonalds had no fries, and no burgers other than chicken ones!

Coming back to Singapore, I recently had the Nasi Lemak burger for breakfast.  This was at Serene Center.

And the final instalment of this post is for me to try the new Ninja Burger.  Tasted a lot like the Nasi Lemak burger.  Fit for a Ninja!

Enjoy!

Qiji, having some Nasi Lemak.  This branch was at Harbourfront, Singapore Cruise Center. Rather crowded.

Also at Harbourfront, but this time at Yoshinoya.  Tried the Tonkatsu Pork Cutlet set.  Good stuff!

↡ Advertisement