• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 178 praises

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With reference to the Goodyear meet up on 28-9-2014………….I notice that many of the members whom attended the MU were  interested in the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax  tyre (myself included)…………

Goodyear and the distributors are generous enough to offer us a discount for those interested ………I believe most …….if not all of us would have taken up the offer…………I took up the offer and had my tyre replaced on Monday………together with new alignment done……. [thumbsup]

In response to the goodwill …………….I am starting this thread  to discuss the pros and cons so that other members who may be interested may find some reference from here………. [cool]

May I request that we keep the discussion solely to the Assurance TripleMax………..there are other threads for the other tyre and let’s not mix them all up………….

So those bro/sis whom have try this tyre…………come in and share your thoughts…………

I find  TripleMax  the best all round tyre I have used so far………… Compare to other tyre in the same price range (before discount)

Very quiet  ……( my engine is quite noisy and I usually can still hear tyre noise…….but this time rd only can hear engine sound)

Comfortable and yet can still feel the road…….(a good choice for long distance driving up north)

Very good dry grip………..( tried braking at 140km/h on PIE at night when I just gotten the tyre, brakes a lot better than my last set of tyre)

Fantastic wet grip ………( this is the most important factor I look for in my purchase…. tried running through a pool of water and it still brakes well……….very confident tyre for raining season)

Handles very well…………..( I took the bend at 70km/h from PIE changi into AYE  changi at clementi ave 6 ……and did the same on the way back……….the car stays in lane and the tyre feel stick to the floor………..the only other tyre I can do this was the KU31)

Don’t know about the fuel saving thingy because I don’t really monitor my FC……….but I tend to rev a little more with this new set of shoes knowing that I can brake in time…….….and it seem like FC not affected…….no change in distance travel before I need to fill up………..

Don’t know how lasting will these be……………but I would be quite happy if they can last me 40000km -50000km………..I usually change tyre between 40k-50K anyway……….

Given the price and features…………..I don’t think I have try anything close to what the TripleMax can offer …………I was very impressed with the KU31 in term of price and performance until I met TripleMax………. now I take the TripleMax  over KU31 any day……….

Let me drive ard a little more and see if there is anything negative I can share as well……..till then I am hook on this tyre…..

So those who are using it now ………….or have use it before…………please come in and share your experience on the TripleMax…….. Looks like Goodyear just hook themselves a return customer in me for my next set of tyre…….

May …..or…. any of the Goodyear ppl………….if you happen to read this……….I wish you can sweeten the next deal for us as well……….(hopefully I am not asking for too much)……… [:p] [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

some pictures i took to share.....

GY TM1.jpg

GY TM2.jpg

GY TM3.jpg

GY TM4.jpg

GY TM5.jpg

GYTM6.jpg

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wah, open thread to announce to the world that you are speeding [laugh]

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually, I am on this tyre since last December. And I drive a Mazda. I could be mascot for the last 2 MCF GTGs sia lol.

Anyways, in general a good tyre. But one instance made me chua sai. I had to do a real life moose test. I think a combination of soft sidewalls and shock made the car sway side to side like an inverted pendulum for a while after the maneuver. Luckily no cars were beside me. Took a few seconds to recover the car.

1 Anonymous member praised this
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah, open thread to announce to the world that you are speeding [laugh]

no mah.................test test mah............new shoes excited lor......... [laugh] [laugh]

Jamesc praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually, I am on this tyre since last December. And I drive a Mazda. I could be mascot for the last 2 MCF GTGs sia lol.

Anyways, in general a good tyre. But one instance made me chua sai. I had to do a real life moose test. I think a combination of soft sidewalls and shock made the car sway side to side like an inverted pendulum for a while after the maneuver. Luckily no cars were beside me. Took a few seconds to recover the car.

what happen sia????...............

I had the same issue many years back with my rover 416...........did a last minute exit from CTE into Clemenceau Ave......almost lost control of the car.............later realize tyre botak......... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Spring praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

what happen sia????...............

I had the same issue many years back with my rover 416...........did a last minute exit from CTE into Clemenceau Ave......almost lost control of the car.............later realize tyre botak......... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Fugger decided to change lane when I was beside him. At AYE Alexandra exit. I was on left most lane liao. After that he changed back out and run. NB

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

BabyBlade

Saw your review on product guide:

http://www.sgcarmart...iew.php?ID=8863

You drive Chevrolet Optra meh?

Thought you drive Bimmer one?  [laugh]

I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fugger decided to change lane when I was beside him. At AYE Alexandra exit. I was on left most lane liao. After that he changed back out and run. NB

never chase him 30KM and F him ah???................ [laugh] [laugh]

Jamesc and Spring praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

never chase him 30KM and F him ah???................ [laugh] [laugh]

jiak ba eng meh..

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw your review on product guide:

http://www.sgcarmart...iew.php?ID=8863

You drive Chevrolet Optra meh?

Thought you drive Bimmer one?  [laugh]

since open thread might as well write a review at sgcarmart lor.............and guess what..........I received 2 bonus points for the review leh...........tan tio.........write review got points take why never say ah......... [laugh] [laugh]

I am poor old man waiting to collect CPF..............where got money drive Bimmer......... [bigcry] [bigcry]

Edited by Tianmo, 23 October 2014 - 12:09 PM.

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

jiak ba eng meh..

got time better go teach XMM how to buy car better hor............. [:p] [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

BabyBlade

since open thread might as well write a review at sgcarmart lor.............and guess what..........I received 2 bonus points for the review leh...........tan tio.........write review got points take why never say ah......... [laugh] [laugh]

I am poor old man waiting to collect CPF..............where got money drive Bimmer......... [bigcry] [bigcry]

I read somewhere in the forum lor..........................

Tianmo praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

got time better go teach XMM how to buy car better hor............. [:p] [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

can never be sure until visual confirmation. otherwise, can help jiu help lor

Tianmo praised this
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I read somewhere in the forum lor..........................

ppl suan me...............you add salt to my wound........... [:(] [bigcry] [bigcry]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

can never be sure until visual confirmation. otherwise, can help jiu help lor

yah lor.............I see some comments there ...........like that who dare come ask for advice........... [laugh] [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Zafira18
  • Zafira18
    4th Gear
    Author Image

With reference to the Goodyear meet up on 28-9-2014………….I notice that many of the members whom attended the MU were  interested in the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax  tyre (myself included)…………

Goodyear and the distributors are generous enough to offer us a discount for those interested ………I believe most …….if not all of us would have taken up the offer…………I took up the offer and had my tyre replaced on Monday………together with new alignment done……. [thumbsup]

In response to the goodwill …………….I am starting this thread  to discuss the pros and cons so that other members who may be interested may find some reference from here………. [cool]

May I request that we keep the discussion solely to the Assurance TripleMax………..there are other threads for the other tyre and let’s not mix them all up………….

So those bro/sis whom have try this tyre…………come in and share your thoughts…………

I find  TripleMax  the best all round tyre I have used so far………… Compare to other tyre in the same price range (before discount)

Very quiet  ……( my engine is quite noisy and I usually can still hear tyre noise…….but this time rd only can hear engine sound)

Comfortable and yet can still feel the road…….(a good choice for long distance driving up north)

Very good dry grip………..( tried braking at 140km/h on PIE at night when I just gotten the tyre, brakes a lot better than my last set of tyre)

Fantastic wet grip ………( this is the most important factor I look for in my purchase…. tried running through a pool of water and it still brakes well……….very confident tyre for raining season)

Handles very well…………..( I took the bend at 70km/h from PIE changi into AYE  changi at clementi ave 6 ……and did the same on the way back……….the car stays in lane and the tyre feel stick to the floor………..the only other tyre I can do this was the KU31)

Don’t know about the fuel saving thingy because I don’t really monitor my FC……….but I tend to rev a little more with this new set of shoes knowing that I can brake in time…….….and it seem like FC not affected…….no change in distance travel before I need to fill up………..

Don’t know how lasting will these be……………but I would be quite happy if they can last me 40000km -50000km………..I usually change tyre between 40k-50K anyway……….

Given the price and features…………..I don’t think I have try anything close to what the TripleMax can offer …………I was very impressed with the KU31 in term of price and performance until I met TripleMax………. now I take the TripleMax  over KU31 any day……….

Let me drive ard a little more and see if there is anything negative I can share as well……..till then I am hook on this tyre…..

So those who are using it now ………….or have use it before…………please come in and share your experience on the TripleMax…….. Looks like Goodyear just hook themselves a return customer in me for my next set of tyre…….

May …..or…. any of the Goodyear ppl………….if you happen to read this……….I wish you can sweeten the next deal for us as well……….(hopefully I am not asking for too much)……… [:p] [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

some pictures i took to share.....

May I know is the tyre made in China?

Edited by Zafira18, 23 October 2014 - 01:08 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

May I know is the tyre made in China?

No, not made in China..........is made in Thailand..........

Edited by Tianmo, 23 October 2014 - 01:34 PM.

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yah lor.............I see some comments there ...........like that who dare come ask for advice........... [laugh] [laugh]

Your own comments there also not helping lor nb [laugh]

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your own comments there also not helping lor nb [laugh]

not helping meh...........i worry wait she thinks i want to tiko her............scare her away................ [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

not helping meh...........i worry wait she thinks i want to tiko her............scare her away................ [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

Everyone thinks that.... [laugh]

iPhone or iMia?

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Goodyear Assurance TripleMax

Goodyear Assurance TripleMax  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Heshamo  |  Neutral Newbie

Reasonable good set of tyres

Got this set of tyres from one of the tyre workshop in the Yew Tee area. Been using it for a while and love the attributes of the tyre. Performance wise is good with decent tread wear. Give more stability when running on the wet road conditio... » Read More

Goodyear Assurance TripleMax

Goodyear Assurance TripleMax  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by RadX  |  2Fast2Furious

Comfy and quiet

Finally found time to put these on sine the GY meetup and the offers extended to MCF. Firat thoughts on how it performance is above average. Very quiet and not as hard as my prev RFlats. Cornering at 120km/h, I do not feel any difference... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Goodyear Assurance TripleMax

Quick Reply

Tags: goodyear, assurance triplemax and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users