E-class vs 5-series vs A5 & A6

LiuDeHua

The Q50 is value for money but if you like badges more than the drive, it is out for you. I however find the design quite acceptable, drive is definitely Japanese.

It is however more appropriate to compare the Q50 to the C class given the size differential.

Can compare with M37

↡ Advertisement

Just look at the headlights. BMW has eagle eyes, Audi has their DRL led stripes and now merc like trying to have something of the same but turns out like they are trying very hard...or rather trying too hard. They need to work on this.

The only redemption is the merc's interior.

Anyway it's just my personal opinion. Owners dun have to take it too seriously.

BMW is Angel Eye.

NOT Eagle Eyes.

Now there is another choice - Hyundai Genesis. The performance, equipment, build quality and luxury will leave all entry level Germans standing. But not for brand whores though.

Couple of weeks ago, pml got event car promo, $220k, below 1k mileage

Believe price still can nego

Wow... $220K sounds cheap. For event cars, is it usually short of some features and specs as compared to the brand-new AD units? I know PML stripped down features of the 7-series for the Airshow event cars. Thanks for the suggestions anyway... I will go register myself with a SE to get informed when got event cars.

You need to test it yourself. Will get very different conclusion if going for different variant.

At the entry level, 520i is probably the best choice as a balance of trim, and drive. BUT C&C can be quite aggressive in throwing discount such that e250 is also similarly priced...personally I feel the 5er is the more refined among it's peers.

At mid range level, unlilkely to go wrong with 535i or a6 3.0t. A6 has good interior.

Note that 1.8 a5sb and 2.0 a6 are fwd cvt...might as well just go for the lexus es. A5sb has pretty stiff suspension for a family car.

Really, if you don't like to spend time visiting service center or workshop, just get a camry and be done with it...this year alone, I have visited the service center 5 times with my f10. 2 for maintainance work, 3 for software/hardware fault!

Wow... 3 times for faults is very jialat xia...

It these problems confined to your unit only, or generally applies to all F10 owners?

Summarised like this? [:p]

To drive - BMW

To be driven - MB

To sell - Audi

To own - Lexus

Looks like Audi is not loved in this forum. lol

Wow... 3 times for faults is very jialat xia...

It these problems confined to your unit only, or generally applies to all F10 owners?

Common lah.

Sometimes is just software error and can drive normally, sometimes is really something spoil.

Once was a broken charge pipe for me.

You just google: "service since 01/2000" and "drivetrain malfunction". These two very common de.

I've owned a F10 for 18 months now and visited PML only twice so far for oil change and routine maintenance, each costing me around S$250 each. price very comparable to my previous Toyota when serviced at Borneo Motors. Drivability is excellent...no regret.. [:)]

• Praise 1

I think the TS should go for a test drive on all 4 cars before making a decision.

After all once he bought it he has to live with it.

If I had to choose between 4 ladies to marry, I wouldn't come here

and ask people which one I should choose just by sharing with you

their bio data.

I would go on a date with each of them before making any decision.

Why is it always the people with money that don't know what they want?

If someone can just pass me $250k I won't be wasting time in this forum,

I will be at the dealer's passing the cheque.

:D

• Praise 3

But you still need to choose one

I think the TS should go for a test drive on all 4 cars before making a decision.

After all once he bought it he has to live with it.

If I had to choose between 4 ladies to marry, I wouldn't come here

and ask people which one I should choose just by sharing with you

their bio data.

I would go on a date with each of them before making any decision.

Why is it always the people with money that don't know what they want?

If someone can just pass me $250k I won't be wasting time in this forum,

I will be at the dealer's passing the cheque.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1