E-class vs 5-series vs A5 & A6

LiuDeHua

Price-wise, all 4 about the same mah. $250K to $300K...

I heard new E-class coming out early 2015? What about BMW 5-series?

Currently I am more inclined towards 5-series.

R u still inclined to the 5 series

post-94507-0-24667300-1417510771_thumb.jpg

I will go for 520i ...

I think 5 Series going to be due for new design already? Considering its been some time on the market already.

Yes i guess so. One dealer told me its going 2016. The thing abt bmw is the look is alwaus the same. Merc will have drastic change haha

And so is their revenue

I think 5 Series going to be due for new design already? Considering its been some time on the market already.

• Praise 2

Reason?

BMw is spacious and rwd. Very nice cabin.

A6 ... hmm fwd and not as elegant. Kind of sporty feel inside . Resale value wise still better than A6. The A6 plus is also very ex.... if both hurt my pocket the same way , bmw is still my preference

• Praise 3

A6 ... hmm fwd and not as elegant. Kind of sporty feel inside . Resale value wise still better than A6. The A6 plus is also very ex.... if both hurt my pocket the same way , bmw is still my preference

I see

Thanks for the opinion

Maybe i am more inclined to 520i

• Praise 1

Yes i guess so. One dealer told me its going 2016. The thing abt bmw is the look is alwaus the same. Merc will have drastic change haha

And so is their revenue

Very likely to be late 2016 or early 2017.

BMW design has always been 1 cycle of revolution & 1 cycle of evolution. Unfortunely, Chris Bangle broke it with E60. F10 also not an evolution of E60. Let's see whether it's an evolution of revolution.

• Praise 1

I checked all out already.

Basic model 520i & GS250 are around $220K after over-trade.

E200 around $230K.

The A6 is significantly cheaper than all the rest at just $190K after over-trade.

For the un-initiated, over-trade works like this. Taking example of the Audi A6, I will be sold the Audi A6 at $232K. The dealer will then take in my trade-in car at $42K above market price. Quite ridiculous arrangement to me...

Still undecided though as all the models are quite old, and will have new gen coming out within 2 to 3 years with the exception of the GS250. But the looks of the GS250 is really a turn-off...

• Praise 1

Very likely to be late 2016 or early 2017.

BMW design has always been 1 cycle of revolution & 1 cycle of evolution. Unfortunely, Chris Bangle broke it with E60. F10 also not an evolution of E60. Let's see whether it's an evolution of revolution.

any leak showing some hint :-)

• Praise 2

E200 around $230K.

The A6 is significantly cheaper than all the rest at just $190K after over-trade.

For the un-initiated, over-trade works like this. Taking example of the Audi A6, I will be sold the Audi A6 at $232K. The dealer will then take in my trade-in car at $42K above market price. Quite ridiculous arrangement to me...

Still undecided though as all the models are quite old, and will have new gen coming out within 2 to 3 years with the exception of the GS250. But the looks of the GS250 is really a turn-off...

If you are going after the look, wait lor?

For me, i will back model in its last yr of product cycle.

any leak showing some hint :-)

Haven't read anything about it yet.

E200 around $230K.

Lexus will be changing to turbo soon.... thats a big change. Not sure what will happen to Audi though . The price 232k is for A6 Plus ?

• Praise 3

Lexus will be changing to turbo soon.... thats a big change. Not sure what will happen to Audi though . The price 232k is for A6 Plus ?

The $190K after over-trade is for the basic model A6.

A6 Plus need to add $17K.

Still cheaper than 520 ... again i read new audi facelift coming soon

The $190K after over-trade is for the basic model A6.

A6 Plus need to add $17K.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3