E-class vs 5-series vs A5 & A6

LiuDeHua

Nothing wrong there. Personally i don't like CVT also.

but no choice,

the trend of drivetrain is CVT especially Japan automakers, fuel saving and cost saving always is the top priority,

compare to 8 speed AT, CVT smooth and maintenance cost low,

• Praise 1

Up this thread, does anyone know if the current A6 rear middle seat has that bulging drive train? It is suppose to be FWD right? How come all of the pic I see is like bulging out, or those I see are quattro?

Up this thread, does anyone know if the current A6 rear middle seat has that bulging drive train? It is suppose to be FWD right? How come all of the pic I see is like bulging out, or those I see are quattro?

What i saw in showroom got transmission tunnel though not as big as 5 series haha

The new Audi LED lights are very nice, I love the signal lights too!

post-100773-0-58618000-1455580844.gif

Comparing between E (W212), 5 (F10) and A6 (C7), only A6 has aircon vents on the B pillar, which is great for rear passengers in our weather.

If I can choose again now, I will get the A6. :grin:

It's because they want to use the same chassis for FWD and Quattro to save money. For the FWD, the hump is still there, but there won't be a shaft running from the front to rear.

like that, rather go for es250, slightly cheap and reliability/safety wise win hands down

but the drive and cabin feel are different i tested both 

• Praise 1

It's because they want to use the same chassis for FWD and Quattro to save money. For the FWD, the hump is still there, but there won't be a shaft running from the front to rear.

What a shame, so can I say that between the mid size sedan of the luxury marque with the flattest middle rear seats is es250?

What a shame, so can I say that between the mid size sedan of the luxury marque with the flattest middle rear seats is es250?

Bro, if you want a flat floor in the middle, shouldn't you get one of those SUV instead?

But if you are only into sedans, then I doubt there is another car in the premier class that offers more rear room than ES (other than S, 7, A8 and LS of course - apologies if I leave out other makes).

I think so. You can rule out all conti cars because they typically have RWD/AWD setups. Even the higher end Jepun cars are also RWD like in Infinity and Lexus.

Your only chance to get a luxury conti car with the flattest rear floor is to get a big suv like the bmw x5, Audi Q7 or the volvo xc90. The increased road clearance allows them to make the transmission tunnel less intrusive.

Thanks for the reply guys, the next other closest thing I guess is volvo S80, but with the OMV of 25k~, one can hardly categorize it together with the rest of brands.

E class - looks like a car which someone should drive you.

5 series - a boxy car which gives you a aged feeling driving it.

A6 - a car which you can drive yourself and pretend that you are actually younger than you look.

Thanks for the reply guys, the next other closest thing I guess is volvo S80, but with the OMV of 25k~, one can hardly categorize it together with the rest of brands.

If you're considering Volvo, better wait for the s90 then.

If you're considering Volvo, better wait for the s90 then.

I think the design is too much, anyone knows when its launching?

Was at C&C over the weekend.  The price offered for the E200 Edition E which basically is a run-out edition with AMG styling was $257k.  Sales guy offered $30k OT which is normal imo.  What was surprising to me was the used car trade-in.  C&C actually quoted my car easily $20k above other dealers.  In fact, the trade-in value is the same price as what Used car dealers are selling at the moment for a similiar model as mine.

Then if take full loan with them of 50% over 5 years, you will get additional $5k service credits.  I didnt ask if can off-set or not.

Compared with 5er SAS promo at $195k nett with some options taken out, I feel the E200 with full kit (sunroof and all) seems not bad....even if the new model is coming out.  Tempted siah....

Was at C&C over the weekend. The price offered for the E200 Edition E which basically is a run-out edition with AMG styling was $257k. Sales guy offered $30k OT which is normal imo. What was surprising to me was the used car trade-in. C&C actually quoted my car easily $20k above other dealers. In fact, the trade-in value is the same price as what Used car dealers are selling at the moment for a similiar model as mine.

Then if take full loan with them of 50% over 5 years, you will get additional $5k service credits. I didnt ask if can off-set or not.

Compared with 5er SAS promo at $195k nett with some options taken out, I feel the E200 with full kit (sunroof and all) seems not bad....even if the new model is coming out. Tempted siah....

The new E much better IMO, wait for it. That car has almost the same interior as the S, which u can see at the same showroom. It is luxurious and comfy.

Otherwise the edition E is quite good deal too :)

↡ Advertisement