E-class vs 5-series vs A5 & A6

LiuDeHua

Was at C&C over the weekend. The price offered for the E200 Edition E which basically is a run-out edition with AMG styling was $257k. Sales guy offered $30k OT which is normal imo. What was surprising to me was the used car trade-in. C&C actually quoted my car easily $20k above other dealers. In fact, the trade-in value is the same price as what Used car dealers are selling at the moment for a similiar model as mine.

Then if take full loan with them of 50% over 5 years, you will get additional $5k service credits. I didnt ask if can off-set or not.

Compared with 5er SAS promo at $195k nett with some options taken out, I feel the E200 with full kit (sunroof and all) seems not bad....even if the new model is coming out. Tempted siah....

Basically 50k overtrade.

Hehe

↡ Advertisement

The new E much better IMO, wait for it. That car has almost the same interior as the S, which u can see at the same showroom. It is luxurious and comfy.

Otherwise the edition E is quite good deal too :)

The W213 new E is possibly also $50k more expensive than the W212 Edition E. 

I think W212 is quite nice, as long as its Avant Garde and not Elegance... which are taxis on the road.

The new Audi LED lights are very nice, I love the signal lights too!

attachicon.gifPhoUNb.gif

Comparing between E (W212), 5 (F10) and A6 (C7), only A6 has aircon vents on the B pillar, which is great for rear passengers in our weather.

If I can choose again now, I will get the A6. :grin:

A6 looks better and have more gadgets but drive feel wise doesn't come close to F10 (528)

I think W212 is quite nice, as long as its Avant Garde and not Elegance... which are taxis on the road.

Maybe the same old list price without the massive overtrade

Basically 50k overtrade.

Hehe

But the list price is grossly inflated as well

Basically 50k overtrade.

Hehe

But the list price is grossly inflated as well

The new Audi LED lights are very nice, I love the signal lights too!

PhoUNb.gif

Comparing between E (W212), 5 (F10) and A6 (C7), only A6 has aircon vents on the B pillar, which is great for rear passengers in our weather.

If I can choose again now, I will get the A6. :grin:

Haha the air con pillar power is like ur breathing.

Was at C&C over the weekend. The price offered for the E200 Edition E which basically is a run-out edition with AMG styling was $257k. Sales guy offered $30k OT which is normal imo. What was surprising to me was the used car trade-in. C&C actually quoted my car easily $20k above other dealers. In fact, the trade-in value is the same price as what Used car dealers are selling at the moment for a similiar model as mine.

Then if take full loan with them of 50% over 5 years, you will get additional $5k service credits. I didnt ask if can off-set or not.

Compared with 5er SAS promo at $195k nett with some options taken out, I feel the E200 with full kit (sunroof and all) seems not bad....even if the new model is coming out. Tempted siah....

Its expensive

I bought my E250 in 2010 only 188k. C&C also take in my camry at high price, same as sgcarmart ad price. That time coe about 30k if i remember correctly

• Praise 3

Anyone has a good SE to recommend?

Esp the one who quoted old car same price as sgcarmart prevailing selling prices!

Then I no need headache look for buyer for my current ride and still got overtrade!

Esp the one who quoted old car same price as sgcarmart prevailing selling prices!

Then I no need headache look for buyer for my current ride and still got overtrade!

Don't go to my SE

after delivery hard to contact, kan%#*##

If you don't mind driving end of cycle cars, you can get good deals with many additional options because they want to clear stock. And these cars are actually better because they would have fixed all the bugs in the earlier batches.

If you don't mind driving end of cycle cars, you can get good deals with many additional options because they want to clear stock. And these cars are actually better because they would have fixed all the bugs in the earlier batches.

Just 3 things -

1) the resale value will be affected later on (unless you want to drive it for 10 years); 

2) the looks will get dated sooner due to new model and the next new model; and 

3) the newer model tends to be lighter and more fuel efficient as compared to older model

But I agree it is very good value.

Don't go to my SE

after delivery hard to contact, kan%#*##

You should kan her before u take delivery, hahaha :grin:

Yes! look for the chiobu!

True true, and not white colour! If not people will always flag your car on the road! :grin:

• Praise 2

Just 3 things -

1) the resale value will be affected later on (unless you want to drive it for 10 years);

3) the newer model tends to be lighter and more fuel efficient as compared to older model

You should kan her before u take delivery, hahaha :grin:

Yes! look for the chiobu!

True true, and not white colour! If not people will always flag your car on the road! :grin:

Its a guy le lol

Haha the air con pillar power is like ur breathing.

Its expensive

I bought my E250 in 2010 only 188k. C&C also take in my camry at high price, same as sgcarmart ad price. That time coe about 30k if i remember correctly

Thanks a lot for the reference.  I think it's almost there as COE is now higher by $8k and its compensated by:-

1) sunroof,

2) 360 camera

3) Lane keeping assist.

Hmm....decisions, decisions.  In terms of exterior looks, I actually prefer the W212 then the W213 as I find its too similar to the C and S.  Its the interior that I agree the W213 is nicer. But I think i will take the plunge now as I usually do not buy 1st few batches of cars which means a wait of 1-1.5 yrs later.  Besides, the price gap should be around $20k.

Gonna bye bye my E60.

Thanks for all the inputs guys [thumbsup]

Wah...say like that then all new cars cannot buy. This applies to all car makes/brands/models.

Having said that, there could even be a possibility that new or FL models may not be better than the previous / pre-FL model.

Just 3 things -

Wah...say like that then all new cars cannot buy. This applies to all car makes/brands/models.

Having said that, there could even be a possibility that new or FL models may not be better than the previous / pre-FL model.

I was referring to an existing model that is very near to the end of its production, like the current E (W212) now.

We can buy for the value proposition, but just be mindful of the 3 things I mentioned in my prior post.

For your 2nd statement, I feel that it is always better to go with pedigree, ie proven manufacturers, as we may have the highest chance of buying better products. These companies have been around for more than 100 years and their management/shareholders will always want good returns for every new generation of cars. If they have a track record of producing new generation of inferior products, they won't be around now.. Of course in the long history of cars, there are exceptions, but generally above holds true to a large extent.

Just my opinion. I always go for pedigree.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

I went to test drive the Edition E.  Very nice. Fully loaded with goodies and lots of features. The AMG sports styling package, sunroof, electronic safety features and other add-ons increases the appeal for this car. These extras as standard equipment would translate to extra $ worth too.  Although this is an outgoing model and C&C is clearing stocks, the very high overtrade $ quantum that C&C is throwing in is enticing and seals the deal as witnessed by the huge crowds at C&C over the past week.

Thanks a lot for the reference.  I think it's almost there as COE is now higher by $8k and its compensated by:-

1) sunroof,

2) 360 camera

3) Lane keeping assist.

Hmm....decisions, decisions.  In terms of exterior looks, I actually prefer the W212 then the W213 as I find its too similar to the C and S.  Its the interior that I agree the W213 is nicer. But I think i will take the plunge now as I usually do not buy 1st few batches of cars which means a wait of 1-1.5 yrs later.  Besides, the price gap should be around $20k.

Gonna bye bye my E60.

• Praise 1

1) sunroof,

2) 360 camera

3) Lane keeping assist.

Gonna bye bye my E60.

sunroof and lane keeping assist is not necessary to have in sg. 360 cam is good though

why not consider F10 which is more sophisticated than W212? I think F10 priced around 220k. FYI i do own W212 E250 and E200 before and currently drives F10. What I like about W212 is better reliability and better space for rear passenger. Other than that, F10 is better such as handling, technology, interior and exterior look (personal opinion), more efficient and driver area footwell more spacious

but if u want easy then go for W212 as C&C offers higher trade value. if wanna get F10 then its better to sell ur own car to fetch higher value

1) sunroof,

2) 360 camera

3) Lane keeping assist.

Gonna bye bye my E60.

are the three items, sunroof, 360 camera and lane keeping assist now part of the Edition E? i recall that those are optional options add on the edition E. 

↡ Advertisement