Praise & Dislike

Neutralsg

Hi Nicfoo, It didn't occur to me that some could misread my intention. Nevertheless, it's good to see from the various responses that many can take it in their stride towards negative responses.

Just sharing my thoughts :D

Have a good weekend bro and to all the folks in here too [:)]

Bro, I still remember you and your sound advice given to me years back.

I guess this system is there to stay, have you seen stupid praises going around just as much as the dislikes? I have seen people praising a "good morning" post. I think it is just another way to stop the flaming war. Did you notice lesser arguments and flame wars since the start of the praise and dislike system? Some of those who shouted and scolded others when they were drunk have also started to praise people and became very friendly. This may not be a bad thing after all.

As long as we know what we did, and that our message is with clear and good intention, don't bother too much with the points. There will always be people who feel good after disliking someone because they cannot win a fact.

Have a good weekend Bro.

Cheers to you!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yeah, it is hard to be loved by EVERYONE!

I think this has been brought out many times...

Initially, I do get pissed off by anonymous dislike, now, I have got over liao... Why waste getting your moods affected by this dislike, Afterall everyone have their own views pertaining to a matter as discussed in forum...

Anyway, as lots of bros here have commented , we can't change the points to anything else, like NTUC vouchers or even SPH shares :D

Errr... Maybe can we change the points to exchange for the MCF merchandise, say the T-Shirt? :))
Or even some discounts to attend MCF events lor :))

• Praise 2

Once you get dislike in MCF forum, get your gf or wifey to like you by giving you a kiss.. this will more or less make up for it lor :D

Life is simple, so a kiss will suffice :))

• Praise 1

Hi Nicfoo, It didn't occur to me that some could misread my intention. Nevertheless, it's good to see from the various responses that many can take it in their stride towards negative responses.

Just sharing my thoughts :D

Have a good weekend bro and to all the folks in here too [:)]

It seriously did not occur to me that such a title would come from you. We read more than we post, and hardly can I find a post from you which can generate a dislike. I am sure you are not even concern of the praises and dislikes, but I think most people have already came to accept the system.

This topic has been discussed over and over many times, those few you see here are people who have accepted the system, come Monday, you are going to see many other comments. There are people who will jump at a single dislike, simply because he/she has never disliked anyone. This will be a never ending discussion.

Cheers Bro.

Yeah, it is hard to be loved by EVERYONE!

It is fine not to be loved by everyone, at least not to be hated by everyone. LOL

• Praise 1

I think it's a fair system... you say what you want to say... get dislikes beats having the account banned

I think we can get auto banned if our points drop below zero. At the rate you are going, it takes only 32 days to auto ban you if you get 50 dislike a day. Sadly it will take only 7 days to shut me up. LOL

I think we can get auto banned if our points drop below zero. At the rate you are going, it takes only 32 days to auto ban you if you get 50 dislike a day. Sadly it will take only 7 days to shut me up. LOL

My highest count for dislikes was 150 points in day

Doc, you may have to learn to accept that 40% thinks 60% is wrong. LOL

Haven't you heard of the saying," what's popular may not be right."

One can always argue, they are doing the right thing.

BTW, are the 60% for white? My memories already failing me even its only after 4yrs.

But I know aviators and sailors always look forward to clear blue sky. Because it meant bad weather has passed.

• Praise 2

If you can find a way to transfer all of your 441 points to me, I shall buy you a carton of coke. LOL

actually can, place the request with mod . i believe they can change the numbers.

brother, brother, 1 can ok already

Forum is serious business lor.

Cannot "dislike"

Cannot "junk"

Cannot "disagree strongly"

Cannot like this...

Cannot that...

What you want ? "Sir! Yes, Sir!"

Is TS from MIW? Surrounded by "Yes" men? Buay tahan negative yet constructive remarks/comments?

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

i kenna one dislike, a guy made a post above me that is very antisocial and I was accidentally disliked. like what they say, no vouchers....

• Praise 4

My highest count for dislikes was 150 points in day

How u did that sia haha

i kenna one dislike, a guy made a post above me that is very antisocial and I was accidentally disliked. like what they say, no vouchers....

Dislike mean disagreement, lets think positive ok?

Reminds me of a quote don't know said by who that goes like this: "Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, no matter how stupid it is."

So the same applies to the praise or dislike system. The content of a post should be more important than the number of praises or dislikes it has. I have seen plenty of brilliant posts with 0 praises and ridiculous ones with 0 dislikes. Peace! :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1