Road Hogger

Ryu

With car cam so popular, why will drivers still jam brake and get themselves into trouble?

Engine brake la... silent killer...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Haha.. Usually I took like to creep up on them but can't pass the +1 "warning indicator" sitting beside me...

The warning indicator is naggy and hard to switch off.

You guys understand what I mean. [sweatdrop]

Mine indicator zzz once enter the car.

Only beep when I don't use horn on idiot driver.

With car cam so popular, why will drivers still jam brake and get themselves into trouble?

U planning to kill urself or other party?

Life is short, live and let live. Be courteous to fellow road users, and everyone will be happy (whatever their definition may be).

I recall being part of a convoy traveling fast on the NSH a month back, but there were 2 fast approaching cars coming with headlamps flashing, so we all gave way, and let the Aventador and the 458 Speciale pass us by without them having to "break stride". They were going in excess of 230 but hey, that's their "business", and at the end of the that 10 seconds, we were not pissed off for being overtaken and they were happy for the kind gesture. Win-win for all.

No need to tulan and shorten one's life on account of commuting from point A to B.

Edited by Pusiwagon
  • Praise 2

If u can creep up to them, can only draw 2 conclusions. U driving Kit from Knight Driver or these drivers only c front, not side nor back when driving.

If only I'm driving KITT. If only...

That always draws us back to that hogs only see in front, they do not know what is happening behind them.

Supercharged

If only I'm driving KITT. If only...

That always draws us back to that hogs only see in front, they do not know what is happening behind them.

Yeah, yeah...

Tat day saw a rd hog w big ego. Buay song overtaken so choose to speed up then got flag over by TP. Yet, his eyes only c front n continue speeding on Lane 1. TP hv to activate siren to get his action.

I lauff lauff away in my car. Tat's y i said "don't bother, these kind of drivers will be taught a lesson".

• Praise 1

Yeah, yeah...

Tat day saw a rd hog w big ego. Buay song overtaken so choose to speed up then got flag over by TP. Yet, his eyes only c front n continue speeding on Lane 1. TP hv to activate siren to get his action.

I lauff lauff away in my car. Tat's y i said "don't bother, these kind of drivers will be taught a lesson".

[thumbsup]

Which is why, when my wife asks why I always drive so fast and have to overtake/undertake people. My answer is always, "It's safer to be in front of most people, than to be behind some people."

How many instances were accidents created because some hog buay song kena tailgated and decided to zam brakes causing chain collision? I think that instance is more frequent than tailgater turned aggressive driver play brakes with hog. -_-

• Praise 2

or put handbrake.... [sly] ... not applicable for those electronic parking brake...

[thumbsup]

Which is why, when my wife asks why I always drive so fast and have to overtake/undertake people. My answer is always, "It's safer to be in front of most people, than to be behind some people."

How many instances were accidents created because some hog buay song kena tailgated and decided to zam brakes causing chain collision? I think that instance is more frequent than tailgater turned aggressive driver play brakes with hog. -_-

I disagree slightly. It's more important to drive with the flow of the traffic, especially for lane 2 and 1 in expressway. Those who want to drive at their own pace and not the speed of the majority of the cars out there, stick to last lane. If every driver does that, there will be less overtaking and we all can reach our destination earlier.

• Praise 2

Technically speaking, road hogging is applicable to both below and above the speed limit. Only thing is, TP enforce lesser on road hogging vs speeding.

I reckon too, that most road hogging offence caught are against goods vehicle cruising at 60-70km/h on the middle lane.

Agreed. It doesn't matter what speed. If there is a car faster than you in lane 1, you give way. Road hogger will never understand this point. They think driving within speed limit, they can use lane 1. Don't they understand lane 1 is for overtaking? At what speed is not the main issue. It is the speed that I can overtake you. Full stop. After I overtake you, I go back to lane 2 if there is no car slower than me in lane 2. If yes, I overtake again.

• Praise 1

I remember a thread started by a 'Rubber something' (LOL age catching up and t/fore cannot quite remember the TS nick) which saw much debate over such a scenario Then TS argued that it is perfectly okay if such drivers does not make way for a faster vehicle who wants to overtake.

From the various posts then, it appears that TP doesn't consider the action as hogging the road if the vehicle is traveling within the reasonable specified speed limit.

While it may not be an offence, it is clearly SELFISH of such drivers especially when there were no cars on lane 2 & 3 while lane 1 should have been treated as an overtaking lane.

With comment such as this by the selfish driver with the nick Dark84, it is no wonder to find such morons (regardless the vehicle they drive) who are simply a nuisance to other road users.

I think its important that such drivers don't go around showing videos when they actually self-pawned. What is there to show other than another day in the office? To shame the other driver?

I believe all of us make mistakes on the road sometimes. Or break a little bit of rules here and there. And because of all this car cam thing, every single petty thing has been magnified. Just point your middle finger(if you really want to) and move on liao.

My first thought you are driving the 7 series, with above comment relief my concerns [laugh]

Hahaha.....for a moment u thought it was me. I don't chut this kind of driving style; hence my nick. :)

I very well behaved on the roads generally but occasionally still kenna some gunho driver who wanted to challenge me.

No 7 series for me .......stodgy image.

Edited by TameDriver

Hahaha.....for a moment u thought it was me. I don't chut this kind of driving style; hence my nick. :)

I very well behaved on the roads generally but occasionally still kenna some gunho driver who wanted to challenge me.

No 7 series for me .......stodgy image.

[drivingcar] TheAgressivelyMadEgoDriver [:p] [laugh] :D

• Praise 5

Basket ! Think so badly of me.

I would rather see myself as a Totally Amicable Motoring Enthusiast Driver!

Mine is Singlish [thumbsdown] , yours is Queens English [thumbsup]

How is the weather and temperature now [confused] ? I am departing on 30th.Oct via SQ346 at 01:30hrs [:)]

Edited by Fongmy

Mine is Singlish [thumbsdown] , yours is Queens English [thumbsup]

How is the weather and temperature now [confused] ? I am departing on 30th.Oct via SQ346 at 01:30hrs [:)]

Raining everyday; from Cotswold to Lake District. Temperature 14*C - 9*C. Not too bad unless there's rain together with strong winds. Better pack rain/wind proof outfits.

Raining everyday; from Cotswold to Lake District. Temperature 14*C - 9*C. Not too bad unless there's rain together with strong winds. Better pack rain/wind proof outfits.

I'll be leaving [drivingcar] Paris reaching London on 10th. ~13th. Nov. Are you still in UK by then [confused] ?

Wife and me would like to invite you and your family for lunch or dinner [bounce2]

• Praise 2

I'll be leaving [drivingcar] Paris reaching London on 10th. ~13th. Nov. Are you still in UK by then [confused] ?

Wife and me would like to invite you and your family for lunch or dinner [bounce2]

This bro Fongmy, but I shall be leaving UK via Manchester on 3/11 & spend a couple of days in Munich.

This bro Fongmy, but I shall be leaving UK via Manchester on 3/11 & spend a couple of days in Munich.

Too bad [:(] , Munich is my first stop then proceeds to the other 3 countries, take care [:)]

↡ Advertisement