Road Hogger

Ryu

Exactly!! Poor road designs, slack enforcements of rules, etc create congestions; congestions are good excuses for more revenues through ERP/COE etc.

If the roads are designated for 90kmh, regardless of slopes or bends, it's 90kmh, no need to slow down.

The roads are designated for 110km/h yet kept limits at 90km/hr.

Some roads designated for 80km/hr or even more yet have limits of 50km/hr.

I dont understand the logic, if the road limits at 200km/hr, will you take the bend at 200km/hr if you feel it's unsafe to do so?

Regards of speed limits, its common sense for the driver to slow down if he deems too fast for the bend.

Dont believe?

Declare Little India & Geylang a place without speed limits.

Will one dare to drive at 100km/hr?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I dont understand the logic, if the road limits at 200km/hr, will you take the bend at 200km/hr if you feel it's unsafe to do so?

Regards of speed limits, its common sense for the driver to slow down if he deems too fast for the bend.

Dont believe?

Common sense not that common these days lor...

TP stand on bridge to earn money.

The point of creating & letting congestion take place in a conspiracy theory, collecting more revenue.

Revenue comes in ERP, GST & duty for petrol.

We are paying for GST & duty while at a traffic stand still and why the gov wants to improve traffic congestion where it is having revenue generated in such situation?

And there traffic always at standstill, they can double up the revenue by ERP.

If everyone can be more efficent in travelling by 5%, how much % of reveune lost?

The bad behavior stands from day 1 at the training schools.

Get rid of this mindset of driving slow = safe = better roads for everyone.

And, a lot of Singaporean tend to suffer from this mindset.

exactly.. no one stops to think and just follow what they were told.

I was driving on CTE southbound before one of the exits.

there was a long line of vehicles on the left but the center lane was also very slow.

I was on lane 1.

when I got to the front of where the jam was, I saw a woman driver trying to change to left lane to exit.

she was at crawling pace and looking at the left side mirror. didn't bother her that everyone behind her was jammed up.

classic training school lane change execution procedure.

needless to say none of the vehicles on the left lane could even slow down slower than her to give her a chance to cut in as they were just moving bumper to bumper already. any sudden stop may cause a chain collision.

right after I passed the offending car, the road in front was clear and empty for me to cheong.

curiously all the cars in the right lane before that car also slowed down. I really hate people who travel on right lane and try to match speed with cars on the centre lane.

Dont believe?

such a wide road and so slow traffic..

even idiots driving on the middle 2 lanes behave like taxi drivers, any time can slow down even though they are not going to turn into one of the roads.

While it's true that great minds think alike, I've also heard that fools seldom differ...

I would think, you and I, we great minds think (and laugh) alike. [thumbsup]

Twincharged

Dont believe?

Some people with no common sense will still do it. I have seen people driving way faster than 70km/h at little india. I was going 70km/h and these 2 cars just sped past me weaving in and out of traffic.

And you know this, how??

We need more consistency & clarity on speed limits. Esp in terms of enforcement. Else road hogger issue will not be resolved.

• Praise 2

We need more consistency & clarity on speed limits. Esp in terms of enforcement. Else road hogger issue will not be resolved.

Let me explain a speed limit: you must not drive above the speed limit. No ifs, no buts.

In practice a large minority regularly exceed the speed limit, either safely or unsafely.

Enforcement is practically random and so more people will 'learn' to speed over time as they apparently 'get away with it' and 'everyone else is doing it'.

But don't expect the law to change any time soon and so be prepared for points and fines if you are caught speeding; enforcement is at the relevant authority's option.

Hope that helps.

• Praise 2

I believe a vehicle travelling along with two wheels on Lane 1 and two wheels on Lane 2, is road hogging regardless of the travelling speed. So this has got very little to do with speed limit clarification. [confused]

I was responding to a post, which I quoted it in my post. That's how forums work: not every post in a thread is directly related to the OP. Sorry for any confusion this caused you.

Nevada Makes It Illegal to Drive Below Speed Limit in the Left Lane

There’s nothing more annoying than driving in the left lane of the highway behind a car going 55 mph. Fortunately for Nevada drivers, lawmakers are taking action to prevent this issue in the future.

A new law in Nevada says it’s illegal to travel below the speed limit in the left lane. The rule went into effect on July 1. So far, at least three people have been ticketed for breaking the law, reports KTNV. While the first incident will only set you back $50, third-time offenders are looking at a fine of $250.

The law allows for a number of exceptions, including emergency vehicles and road maintenance vehicles performing their official duties. But generally, the left lane is designed to be a passing lane.

Speaking with Kolo 8 News Now, Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Dan Gordon said driving in the left lane is one of the top reasons for road rage. “What they will do is move over to the second lane, #2 lane, or middle lane. They will pass and then as soon as they clear the car, they will cut back in the fast lane, cutting the driver off that is going below the speed limit. And next thing you know, they are showing each other they are number one, and they are holding up the finger,” Gordon said.

Of course, all of this is not to say that speeding is safe. According to nationwide data gathered by the National Transportation Safety Board, speeding was linked to 112,580 highway deaths between 2005-2014. That’s almost as many fatalities as those linked to alcohol during the same period (112,948).

http://www.motortrend.com/news/nevada-makes-illegal-drive-speed-limit-left-lane/?sm_id=organic_fb_MT_trueanthem&utm_campaign&utm_content=5987916304d3016cf3d3d9c8&utm_medium&utm_source

• Praise 14

Won't have such law here. Too troublesome to enforce.

TP focus on speed traps which are more lucrative with minimum effort. Stand there with cam got money rolling in liao.

Catch hogs must follow them, stop them, then argue with them and hear them kpkb about "I drive within speed limit nothing wrong". Read some of the hogs vs speedsters debate here already know how troublesome it can be.

• Praise 4

TP focus on speed traps which are more lucrative with minimum effort. Stand there with cam got money rolling in liao.

Catch hogs must follow them, stop them, then argue with them and hear them kpkb about "I drive within speed limit nothing wrong". Read some of the hogs vs speedsters debate here already know how troublesome it can be.

Can be done if they can set a lower limit on the new speed cameras over a distance.

Can increase the profit pool

• Praise 4

I've linked this story

• Praise 1

well done nevada [thumbsup]

but sporean will brag they are travelling at top speed 90kmph! [laugh]

post-7984-0-18332000-1502409980.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement