Which are your favorite SUVs / Crossovers?

Super7

The new Harrier. There is little glamour in the badge but with such high quality interior, you just don't want to step out of the car.

2014-toyota-harrier-019-630x358.jpg

2014-Toyota-Harrier-13.jpg

Front not nice ...

Macan / Cayenne are the best looking ones.

Badge nice or Car nice ...

:D already did that for the past 6 years with a 2nd hand 2L Hyundai Trajet, with a "few mod" done but CG still high [sweatdrop]

Trajet you also can Mod ... You Terror man ... 😂

↡ Advertisement

The new Harrier. There is little glamour in the badge but with such high quality interior, you just don't want to step out of the car.

2014-toyota-harrier-019-630x358.jpg

2014-Toyota-Harrier-13.jpg

Comparatively NX F sports is nicer. More garang

I only tried Unimog, Defender, Sahara, Jimmy. Unimog ground clearance and big wheels better for offroad. Defender got struck by tree roots during a joyride. Sahara saw them after they somersaulted. Jimmy almost flipped over during test drive (never consider a Suzuki thereafter).

Musing solutions for 4X2 for some off-road holidays, minus the winch mounted onto hardcore 4x4. Drove 4X2 over loose gravel and with some preparations should be able to make it more presentable.

MIC got 1.6L model.

Ladies like/prefer SUV

Once a kid asked her mum: 'is it a toy car' (my Suzuki 800).

Defender got 12 speed

You meant toy trucks? T11 no 4X4 brought in.

Defender is a TRUCK.

I believe topic and contents do not tally after some off-road driving make us giddy. [:p]

LOL... you've got a point here [grin][sweatdrop]

LOL... you've got a point here [grin][sweatdrop]

now more and more SUVs are not pay attention to off-road,

Jap/Kor compact SUVs almost give up off-road feature, such as CRV, RAV4, Sorento, Santa Fe etc only FWD, Vitara, Pajero also lost wild,

even Conti XC60 also become FWD

During NS, we consider Class 3 vehicles as cars. [:p]

If driving over gravel considered off-road, 4X2 FWD can be SUV? [confused]

Then sedan also can driving over gravel, what different SUV and sedan?

Trajet very teng one... Just sa the ziam ziam corner and the Trajet will roll 3 times and you'll be back on the wheels man...

yah, after all the "mod" getting only 5+ to 6+ km/L [sweatdrop]

Trajet you also can Mod ... You Terror man ... 😂

yah man, almost T/C it but after one of the N/S HW trip back from Genting, the following day engine got overheated as radiator was leaking slowly, found out cylinder head and block slightly warp so have to skim both a bit, so after that it was a bit higher CR than stock [:)]

Earlier ECU was dyno tuned by Harmony and getting 149bhp (up from 138) and 209NM (up from 184), Decat 1st (replaced by 4-1 header), replace 2nd with high flow cat, muffler op and lastly K & N Apollo CAI upfront [sly]

yah man, almost T/C it but after one of the N/S HW trip back from Genting, the following day engine got overheated as radiator was leaking slowly, found out cylinder head and block slightly warp so have to skim both a bit, so after that it was a bit higher CR than stock [:)]

Earlier ECU was dyno tuned by Harmony and getting 149bhp (up from 138) and 209NM (up from 184), Decat 1st (replaced by 4-1 header), replace 2nd with high flow cat, muffler op and lastly K & N Apollo CAI upfront [sly]

Now all you need is this ...

post-25591-0-85499700-1414512591_thumb.jpg

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] you are really pushing the Trajet!!! I like this MPV's size for swallowing everything you can put inside!!

SUV usually higher ground clearance.

With the higher ground clearance, SUV/Crossover also has a higher change to survive flood.

I drove a rental Subaru VX in Hokkaido, it was a really great feeling to drive there - there were many narrow, winding paths and they were mostly gravel or dirt roads... I remembered driving along one such road uphill to a lake observatory point (and saw a fox in the wild along the way!)...

Just sharing as sometimes having a SUV does add to the fun of driving in some terrain, and inspires more confidence esp. if it rains as well.

However, above is hardly applicable in Singapore context - here you pay much more for less enjoyment, just saying ...

post-2738-0-99170400-1414516328_thumb.jpg

post-2738-0-20949800-1414516341_thumb.jpg

With the higher ground clearance, SUV/Crossover also has a higher change to survive flood.

I drove a rental Subaru VX in Hokkaido, it was a really great feeling to drive there - there were many narrow, winding paths and they were mostly gravel or dirt roads... I remembered driving along one such road uphill to a lake observatory point (and saw a fox in the wild along the way!)...

Just sharing as sometimes having a SUV does add to the fun of driving in some terrain, and inspires more confidence esp. if it rains as well.

However, above is hardly applicable in Singapore context - here you pay much more for less enjoyment, just saying ...

I think that's a Cross Over ... The ground clearance is a bit low to classify as an SUV ...

We have floods here too ... 😂

Now all you need is this ...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh...NOS...wicked.... [thumbsup]

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] you are really pushing the Trajet!!! I like this MPV's size for swallowing everything you can put inside!!

yahlor, but FC suffer badly leh [sweatdrop]

now, what should I do to my current B & B 7-seater [sly]

Edited by Vtim

Oh...NOS...wicked.... [thumbsup]

yahlor, but FC suffer badly leh [sweatdrop]

now, what should I do to my current B & B 7-seater [sly]

I sat it in last time after we had bak kut teh at Rangoon Rd, still remember the power!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Actually is there a simpler distinction btw SUV n Xover?

SUV is halfway between hardcore 4x4, jeep and stationwagon/estate

Crossover is one more step close to stationwagon/estate ie halfway between SUV and Stationwagon/estate?? Some brands just increase the ground clearance of their estate/wagon and call it a crossover!

Crossovers are usually, but not always, based on the platform of a sedan/wagon, whereas SUVs have stand-alone platfrom, not shared with the estate/wagon.

This just my layman interpretation.

Subaru:- the legacy outback can be considered the pioneer of crossover, the forestor is a SUV

Suzuki :- S-Cross = Crossover, Vitara = SUV

some say a crossover is a soft SUV, and a SUV is a soft off-roader / jeep

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1