Health risk of using a plastic kettle

LiuDeHua

I have been using a plastic water kettle for almost a year.

Is there any health risk? ie, is the plastic leaking any toxic chemicals into my water?

There are metal ones available, but cannot see the water level easily, so I prefer plastic.

Also, even if accidentally touch the surface, I will not get scalded.

post-49492-0-60743100-1414401610_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is there any health risk? ie, is the plastic leaking any toxic chemicals into my water?

There are metal ones available, but cannot see the water level easily, so I prefer plastic.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

quite dangerous cos you filled above the 'max' line [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

metal one also have water level indicator, why cannot see?

• Praise 1

quite dangerous cos you filled above the 'max' line [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

metal one also have water level indicator, why cannot see?

lol....

boss, I already say I use 1 year already... I know what's the limit.

change to gas boiled one. Lol...

But, the boiling time will be longer than electric. Advantage is, the water keeps hot longer than electric kettle boiled one.

There's always potential chemical leach. That's why I never buy alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles (glass for me all the time).

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

change to gas boiled one. Lol...

But, the boiling time will be longer than electric. Advantage is, the water keeps hot longer than electric kettle boiled one.

There's always potential chemical leach. That's why I never buy alcoholic drinks in plastic bottles (glass for me all the time).

So safe or not safe ar?

Does the fact that I boil water in it will cause more chemicals to leach compared to if I just store water in it?

So safe or not safe ar?

Does the fact that I boil water in it will cause more chemicals to leach compared to if I just store water in it?

Look for RoHS logo.

If got.... safe.

If no got.... not safe for long term.

For me, I dont like using plastic kettle coz I feel that plastic are not meant to tahan heat even with what BPA and stuff.

I prefer metal kettle with gas stove.speaking of which, any comments on the use of air pot ?

Can't find the RoHS logo...
Nowhere says BPA-free....

2354196146_smiley_no_answer_2_xlarge.jpe

For me, I dont like using plastic kettle coz I feel that plastic are not meant to tahan heat even with what BPA and stuff.

I prefer metal kettle with gas stove.speaking of which, any comments on the use of air pot ?

Electric air pots are good and convenient.

Tip : Choose one that can keep water at 95C or 98C. There are some that are max 90C only. If using those, your cup noodles won't get cooked throughly.

lol....

boss, I already say I use 1 year already... I know what's the limit.

It's the most dangerous when people claim that they know the limit better than the designer of the product. You might not be wrong but I tend to go with the guys who drew the line. :D

• Praise 2

It's the most dangerous when people claim that they know the limit better than the designer of the product. You might not be wrong but I tend to go with the guys who drew the line. :D

on the other extreme as i always say, those in IMH do not think they should be there too... [:p][:p]

• Praise 1

I will just suggest you get a proper kettle no matter what for long term use and long term benefits.

This plastic kettle for temporary use when you are in hotel (no choice), etc.

There are a lot of unknowns. Many things have been approved even though it may be unsafe, but due to "inconclusive" evidence, ...........

By right, we should be using glass bottles to feed babies milk, by left.......... [thumbsdown]

Can't find the RoHS logo...
Nowhere says BPA-free....

2354196146_smiley_no_answer_2_xlarge.jpe

Electric air pots are good and convenient.

Tip : Choose one that can keep water at 95C or 98C. There are some that are max 90C only. If using those, your cup noodles won't get cooked throughly.

Edited by Kangadrool

BPA is only one of the more dangerous plastic products that can leach into water. Especially hot water.

Well for better or poorer, there's quite a fair amount of plasticisers that are inside our water. Whether they are causing us harm, no one knows, as they are too prevalent in normal society.

I only use SS electric kettle. Plastic ones only for overseas trips. cheers.

So safe or not safe ar?

The plastic may deteriorate over time with high heat. Better use metal kettle.

↡ Advertisement