Gifted Education Programme

Solar

Turbocharged

Hello folks..

Don't know if its good news or something more siong ahead... my kid actually got selected into GEP..

We never prepared him for this at all... we didn't even know he gone for Round 1 until he told us he needed to take Round 2 in another school.

Any feedback/recommendations if this is actually beneficial for a kid?

If it does, which are the recommended schools in NE area?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hello folks..

Don't know if its good news or something more siong ahead... my kid actually got selected into GEP..

We never prepared him for this at all... we didn't even know he gone for Round 1 until he told us he needed to take Round 2 in another school.

If I am not wrong, Rosyth school has GEP.

• Praise 3

Hello folks..

if you dun feel comfortable of him coping or the GEP school is too far, opt out.

My wife niece was selected to go Tao Nan, she opt out yet able to make it to RGS & NYSG after the PSLE.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Actually (I heard) that round one is quite easy to get in.

It is round 2 that is tough, and only the really good ones will get thru it.

• Praise 3

Gifted program takes the top 1% of the cohort vs Mensa which takes it the top 2% of the population.

it is more difficult to get into the gifted program vs Mensa.

so can we say that all the Gifted program participants are geniuses but not all mensa geniuses are gifted? lol

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Don't think too much until ltr comes, confirm get in.

If in, Congrats.

If not in, not end of the World.

GEP is Heaven if truly gifted.

GEP is Hell if Hothouse.

Needs self motivated n discipline.

My fren's DD fm Nan Chiau, GEP to Rosyth.

Child expected foundation to be very gd, sch only teach higher order n time ltd. Alot of projects. Now struggling.

Oh enrichment increase.

Edited by Qpik
  • Praise 7

yeah. failed at round 2 23 years ago lol.

Gifted program takes the top 1% of the cohort vs Mensa which takes it the top 2% of the population.

it is more difficult to get into the gifted program vs Mensa.

so can we say that all the Gifted program participants are geniuses but not all mensa geniuses are gifted? lol

Some of them are the smartest people i know. Quite a lot of them are definitely MENSA level or close.

• Praise 2

When I was a little boy....

I passed the second round and was offered a place in Henry Park Primary. But I didn't want to leave my school/friends so opted out.

...and that's why now I'm classified as "boh tak chek".

• Praise 7

Hello folks..

Congrats. Erm rosyth only?

Ai Tong not really nearby right.

I passed the second round and was offered a place in Henry Park Primary. But I didn't want to leave my school/friends so opted out.

Lol your parents listened to your enlightened opinion at 10 yrs old ar. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Boh tak Chek = Bald uncle?

Sorry, Friday today..

• Praise 1

Lol your parents listened to your enlightened opinion at 10 yrs old ar. [thumbsup]

Yah they explained the options to me and let me decide since I would be the one most affected by the decision.

Those days things were not so stressful in school, but I think they still knew that it would be a big change and extra pressure. The tests themselves were pretty simple as far as I can recall, I remember lots of pattern recognition "what comes next" kinda things and some English questions.

Turbocharged

if you dun feel comfortable of him coping or the GEP school is too far, opt out.

My wife niece was selected to go Tao Nan, she opt out yet able to make it to RGS & NYSG after the PSLE.

i'm comfortable he's able to cope.. if it's really developing him.. we are going to get free enrichment classes? lol!

but i'm more concerned if the school is okay.. and if it can take his sibling, else, my administrative nightmare, if i need to drop 2 kids who need to be at 2 different locations at the same time.

I think he kept crying lor.

haha parents care a hoot about kids crying meh.

GEP SEND! Haha my parents were disappointed that i didn't get in but also probably a bit relieved. Haha they know i not so tok gong.

Turbocharged

Don't think too much until ltr comes, confirm get in.

If in, Congrats.

If not in, not end of the World.

GEP is Heaven if truly gifted.

GEP is Hell if Hothouse.

Needs self motivated n discipline.

My fren's DD fm Nan Chiau, GEP to Rosyth.

Child expected foundation to be very gd, sch only teach higher order n time ltd. Alot of projects. Now struggling.

ya.. got the letter today.. i've not seen it yet cos i'm in office.. but wifey let him call my phone and break the news

now not sure... he's like the bochap kind.. actually need to remind him this/that. one thing, he do love to read.

another issue is his sibling.. dunno if the new school takes a transfer... and dunno if my other kid can adapt..

Congrats. Erm rosyth only?

Ai Tong not really nearby right.

thanks bro...

dunno.. i think henry park is another one.

ai tong is quite far away.. we're in sengkang/punggol area..

↡ Advertisement