• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
757 replies to this topic | 1,881 praises

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Maskedrider
  • Premium member
    Maskedrider
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Coe has been on hovering 70k plus and nobody know when it will drop and new car and used car (2L and above) price is still very expensive to certain people even for 2L and below

for those who currently own a car now and the coe going to expire soon and caught in the middle of buying new or used car

but if the currently own car (2L and above) is in good condition and have been service regularly, will be make sense to renew it if just paying 70k plus for the next 10 years as the new/ used car depreciation is above 10k and above for a 2L car

2 Anonymous members praised this
A meaningful SILENCE is always better than a meaningless WORDS.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

last month reported in AsiaOne that thy are more than 100,000 motorists are in the group of people whose cars are due to be scrapped or renew for another 5 years, and thy are pros and cons too, so God know Coe will be still hovering are 60K to 70+K,

LTA WILL NOT REVEAL any information, much to everyone dismay and tension, even used car association can't recall a time when the hot topic will come around, LTA will only say, let's wait and see further down the road, it's 1-1 exchange for old for new car. [dead]

If one has decides to renew to another 5 years, you lose ALL the Parf value and need to pay half the Coe price in cash, ( no loan here ) , no justification as LTA only sucks up the COE and GST part, the rest i do not want to hear as it's another topic on petrol agenda. . . Oil cartel at play as the Oil barrel drop prices, the cartels drop few cents of up 10cts, drop 0.03 cts for motorists.  [hur]

Q is worth the effort to renew Coe for another 5 years ( provided if one regularly maintain our existing car in tip-top condition ), 

let's say your loved your metal car so much that you're gonna to search your spare part in Old Klang or Penang for your vintage  Saab or Merc car, then that is another stories altogether.

Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

Nonewposts
  • Nonewposts
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Coe has been on hovering 70k plus and nobody know when it will drop and new car and used car (2L and above) price is still very expensive to certain people even for 2L and below

for those who currently own a car now and the coe going to expire soon and caught in the middle of buying new or used car

but if the currently own car (2L and above) is in good condition and have been service regularly, will be make sense to renew it if just paying 70k plus for the next 10 years as the new/ used car depreciation is above 10k and above for a 2L car

merc clk

bmw 6 

merc slk

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

F355
  • F355
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I am of the opinion that the higher the car's OMV , the more worthwhile it is to renew . Reason being , a SIMILIAR new car now with a high OMV will be subjected to the tiered ARF of 140% and 180% .  Yes, you forgo more Parf rebate if your OMV is higher , but then again if you buy a SIMILIAR new car , you are being subjected to more taxes.

One should renew for 10 years instead of 5 so that the "forgone parf rebate" is spread over 10 yrs instead of 5 .

Loki, Toothiewabbit, Count-Bracula, macrotrust2, Qpik, Ktglfc, Holdenutessv, 6 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Honda, Toyota, Merc,

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

Ezfaun
  • Ezfaun
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Evo 9, E46 M3, GD WRX, Accord Euro-R. I think these models would age well. They're the types that would look good and fit in even after 10-15 years past their EOL. Resale value for these will rocket if they had their coe renewed mostly due to enthusiast and collectors demand. There's not much time till these cars join the higher ranks of the RX7, Skyline, Silvia etc. By then, the desirability would double or maybe triple simply because you can't get them anymore. Very much like limited edition rolexes.

F355, Caravan, Holdenutessv, Super7 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looking at the news of car population hitting the 1mil mark what do you think the authorities will do? We dun have so many roads and yet the car population keep rising?  This will make car ownership redundant.

I think the price has more or less stabilised provided this is the number(car population) that the authorities want to maintain and not want it to rise anymore.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

Maskedrider
  • Premium member
    Maskedrider
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Probaly Japan car more worth renew compare to conti due to lower repair parts and durability
And also where to take loan for the Coe if provider
Utlimately, believe Coe loan is also an issue to consider too

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

One should renew for 10 years instead of 5 so that the "forgone parf rebate" is spread over 10 yrs instead of 5 .

Totally agree with this.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Totally agree with this.

Also, if you renew 10 years, at the end of it, you can still renew for the second time, ie 21 - 30 years after first registration.

If renew five years, must scrap your car at the end of this five years.

Though for most people I think it may be hard to renew the second time.

A car lover and you drive the same car for 30 years?

你不是白白的活了吗?
Fibo, 2BDriver, Aaronlkl and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

yo2020
  • yo2020
    6th Gear
    Author Image

last month reported in AsiaOne that thy are more than 100,000 motorists are in the group of people whose cars are due to be scrapped or renew for another 5 years, and thy are pros and cons too, so God know Coe will be still hovering are 60K to 70+K,

LTA WILL NOT REVEAL any information, much to everyone dismay and tension, even used car association can't recall a time when the hot topic will come around, LTA will only say, let's wait and see further down the road, it's 1-1 exchange for old for new car. [dead]

what info r u expecting frm LTA?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

F355
  • F355
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Evo 9, E46 M3, GD WRX, Accord Euro-R. I think these models would age well. They're the types that would look good and fit in even after 10-15 years past their EOL. Resale value for these will rocket if they had their coe renewed mostly due to enthusiast and collectors demand. There's not much time till these cars join the higher ranks of the RX7, Skyline, Silvia etc. By then, the desirability would double or maybe triple simply because you can't get them anymore. Very much like limited edition rolexes.

I like these choices , but am a little sceptical about Evo9 and Wrx which are TC . TC engine blocks and pistons undergo a much higher stress than NA so it may not last 20 yrs , depending on how its driven.

For sure I will not renew small capacity engines which are twincharged to way over 100bhp per litre ; eg a golf GT 1.4 charged to 170 bhp , or maybe even a 2L A45 AMG charged to 360 bhp.

From engine durability point of view , diesel is the best candidate , followed by NA , then supercharged / turbocharged.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

Maskedrider
  • Premium member
    Maskedrider
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Probaly an 2L NA car then worth renew
Most likly to last in term of drivability
And the max road tax fall within $1700

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Merc and supercars.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Rx 8? Bo new rotary liao.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KNN lah, you guys again all talk only...heeeheee...

I have done it personally.
Just renewed my COE for 10yrs.

No consideration required. Pay and f**k off...i mean drive off....

Muayhahahahah

Probaly Japan car more worth renew compare to conti due to lower repair parts and durability
And also where to take loan for the Coe if provider
Utlimately, believe Coe loan is also an issue to consider too

Brother , next time you renew a cheap Jap car at $70k coe for me to see first ok?
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

Ezfaun
  • Ezfaun
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I like these choices , but am a little sceptical about Evo9 and Wrx which are TC . TC engine blocks and pistons undergo a much higher stress than NA so it may not last 20 yrs , depending on how its driven.

For sure I will not renew small capacity engines which are twincharged to way over 100bhp per litre ; eg a golf GT 1.4 charged to 170 bhp , or maybe even a 2L A45 AMG charged to 360 bhp.

From engine durability point of view , diesel is the best candidate , followed by NA , then supercharged / turbocharged.

Which is why I chose the Evo IX and Rex, their EJ and 4G63 engines are tried and tested for almost 30 years and are easy to find on top of that [thumbsup]

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

quite sure i would be extending my lau pok car COE for the 2nd time by 2016. this time, the COE premium is my only costs for a car (except road tax, insurance and petrol). 

10422032_10204485512591068_6302638761753

The_Bear, Mrmilktooth, Holdenutessv, Turtlekar, VenomMX, Solar, Antonee and 1 other member praised this

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sunnys should be good for another 10 years extension bah?
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A Getz 1.1 is worth renewing.

You forgo PARF of 5.5k over the next 10 years or $550 a year.

After 15 years your road tax will go to 150% or same tax as a1.6l car.

Parts are cheap, you can also use Kia Picanto engine parts as well as Getz parts.

And if you should crash or total your car, you take back the unused COE.

If your PARF is 50 or 60k and you total your car how much will you lose?

:D

Leo72, Naimed, Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: renew coe for 2l and above and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users