What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Nope. You can always call LTA infront of the dealer to verify. Put in speaker mode :)

Thanks. Perhaps will email them prior to renewal so got black and white
↡ Advertisement

Yup... Me referring to coe car coe rebate. I think if i write to lta, they wont explain that much other than give the link... If i renew will renew 10yrs

• Praise 1

Who do you bring her for servicing? Any prob with spares?

We just go to our long term trustworthy mechanic at Bedok industrial Pk E. 

No issues with spare parts availability thought sometimes must order and wait a few days. In fact in 10 years usage almost nothing went wrong. Apart from one air-con compressor, one set of engine mounting bushes and one timing belt change, the car has only had regular oil change and servicing plus tyres and batteries over the first ten years 

When we renewed the COE we decided to fix a few faulty items that had broken 1 or 2 years earlier but never bother to fix as we thought non essential and scrapping soon. Spare parts are not cheap but around normal for jap car i think. A folding mirror motor + electric window motor + window switch assembly was about $800+ to supply and install but everything now working properly and car back to as new condition

• Praise 1

We just go to our long term trustworthy mechanic at Bedok industrial Pk E.

No issues with spare parts availability thought sometimes must order and wait a few days. In fact in 10 years usage almost nothing went wrong. Apart from one air-con compressor, one set of engine mounting bushes and one timing belt change, the car has only had regular oil change and servicing plus tyres and batteries over the first ten years

When we renewed the COE we decided to fix a few faulty items that had broken 1 or 2 years earlier but never bother to fix as we thought non essential and scrapping soon. Spare parts are not cheap but around normal for jap car i think. A folding mirror motor + electric window motor + window switch assembly was about $800+ to supply and install but everything now working properly and car back to as new condition

Whats your mechanic shop name? Mind sharing? Incase i wana renew may also look for him

Turbocharged

not sure bro. I have friends who intended to renew COE so maintained their car well but end up scrapping cos more n more higher price parts need replacement. It was an Odyssey, Merc B class, Altis and Rush. Don't think these cars are among those known for reliability issues.

I think cars brought in to singapore are generally of a lower engine capacity compared to the same model elsewhere. our constant traffic jams and no opportunity to travel high speed long distance also another reason. 

the higher capacity conti cars have better chance. My Stream with only 140Km, suddenly spring some oil leaks this week befor i scrap it. So if you plan to drive beyond 10 years, better budget some repair and replacement costs. 

• Praise 1

I had a R1 and fuel consumption was 16km/l. Didnt renew and bought a 9yr lapin. Fuel consumption was bad... 12km/l. Am thinking of renewal next yr april but wonder if its worth it. Probably will need overhaul as previous owner covered 250000km....whats your advice?

Not worth lah. I don't think is worth renewing small cc car. Whether is 600cc or 1600cc, you still pay the same PQP.

• Praise 1

Thanks. Perhaps will email them prior to renewal so got black and white

Err...Y would anyone wan renew '10 yr coe today and deregister the next day'  [confused]

• Praise 1

Err...Y would anyone wan renew '10 yr coe today and deregister the next day' [confused]

No lah... I mean i heard lta will less 20% if scrap less than 2 yrs usage... Cos many people think that lta will refund balance amount after less the period already used. Imagine renew liao then 1 yr later engine sway sway need major t repair and if one does not intend to repair it, then will lan lan kana forfeit 2nd yr coe value

Seriously why think that car after 10yrs will suddenly tio cancer and start to break down?

Please adjust the mindsets.

A car is as good as the person that maintains it well.

• Praise 3

Those car makers use different quality parts for cars exporting to Singapore.

That why Singapore cars just nice after 10yrs will need overhaul. Change all parts. Or else cannot move. Drive halfway will split into two or 4 wheels fly out.

• Praise 3

New car smell is heavenly. [thumbsup]

9.9 YO car is still ok to drive. Comes 10 YO, suddenly problematic, must scrap. :D

I think all cars imported into SG are rigged with cheat chips to self exterminate at 10 YO. :D

I am sure if COE and PARF rebate does not exist, people will continue to drive until all wheels dislodge from their cars. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2