Advice on maintenance of an old lorry

Yeshe

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

anyone know of any workshop can provide decent maintenance service for old lorries ( 4-6 tons ) > 10years old?

secondly, anyone know the estimated/avg maintenance cost of such lorries per year?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

anyone know of any workshop can provide decent maintenance service for old lorries ( 4-6 tons ) > 10years old?

secondly, anyone know the estimated/avg maintenance cost of such lorries per year?

nobody have lobang? [:(]

there are also a few good workshop in Pioneer road north.

u know any personally?

anyone know the estimated running maintenance cost for these trucks?

Got some roadside mechanics just before Bukit Brown entrance. Have seen them working on lorries. Dunno if still there though.

u know any personally?

anyone know the estimated running maintenance cost for these trucks?

ermm...I try to check it out with my colleague tml when in office.

he was the one who always send the coy lorry for servicing.

but just for info that most older trucks maintenance is alittle higher. alternator, gearbox problems blah blah very common.

but due to high COE no choice my coy still op for an older truck .....

Hi guys,

My business contact driving lorries recommend me this place.

You can check with them.

Lim Joo Kim Service Centre

Blk 6, Kranji Loop, #01-27/25

Tel 63671772

ermm...I try to check it out with my colleague tml when in office.

he was the one who always send the coy lorry for servicing.

but just for info that most older trucks maintenance is alittle higher. alternator, gearbox problems blah blah very common.

but due to high COE no choice my coy still op for an older truck .....

i asking because my coy lorry maintenance is about 3k per yr for the last 3 years.

is it normal?

i asking because my coy lorry maintenance is about 3k per yr for the last 3 years.

is it normal?

I think its just somewhere around there....should be in the 2.2k region to 3k plus minus from rough estimation.

if I not wrong, my coy lorry just spent $1400 (one off dunno can tahan how long) replacing all the wear and tear plus a damaged exhaust.

oil change about $130 plus minus not really sure of the exact figure. but also depends on the weight your lorry frequently carry.

the driver also need to maintain the vehicle well such as checking radiator water and others blah blah...

I believe better look at budgeting for replacement, if often overloaded/over-utilised the lorry.

Example: Maintenance of a car can be within $1000/- for 10 years (engine oil, engine oil filter, air filter, brake shoes, brake fluid, steeering fluid, radiator coolant, windscreen wiper blades, CV joints servicing at workshop, wheels aignment at workshop, clutch replacement at workshop, replacing the 5 tire, 2 batteries replacement).

Is the lorry very worn out already? One previous Employer used to spend more than $9000/- a year maintain an old lorry worth less than $500/- in open market. A reasonably useable pick-up only cost around $5000/- then. I adviced the Manager to replace the old lorry with pick-up to save on the extravagant expenses ($9000/- could had bought us 2 pick-ups if bought from same seller).

not easy to find replacement for 4 and 6 tons lorry.

furthermore, the servicing is very regular every 3-4months.

Hi guys,

You can try this company

Teck Choon Automtoive

2 Kranji Loop #01-07

Tel +65 63670710

Mr Wong - Boss