Cameras for Travel

Shorty

hi guys,

what do u guys prefer to bring on ur travels for photography? do u just make do with ur smartphones or digicams? im contemplating whether to get a compact digicam for my holidays. of cos it will also b used on other occasions. but also thinking if my phonecam will b good enough.

wats ur opinions?

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

hi guys,

what do u guys prefer to bring on ur travels for photography? do u just make do with ur smartphones or digicams? im contemplating whether to get a compact digicam for my holidays. of cos it will also b used on other occasions. but also thinking if my phonecam will b good enough.

wats ur opinions?

1. Semi pro digital camera (convenient to carry around, good quality shots)

2. Instax Mini Polaroid Camera for instant memories

3. Instax Wide Polaroid Camera for landscape/group shots

4. Camera phone with selfie stick for instant sharing to friends or upload on social networks, and impromptu casual fun shots

And, don't cap-locks the title la. Don't shout. :mellow:

4. Camera phone with selfie stick for instant sharing to friends or upload on social networks, and impromptu casual fun shots

you carry so many cameras when travel? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Not troublesome to carry so much cameras?

I used to carry a semi pro digital camera but now feel smartphone will do, unless will be traveling to scenic places that need beautiful shots

you carry so many cameras when travel? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Can open photo shop overseas haha

Supercharged

I bring my both my smartphone (main cam) and a digital camera (backup cam) along.

The digicam can also be used when required to take complicated shots, if the smartphone is not capable of doing it well.

sorry...didnt realise title was on caps.

n same as wat the others commented....u bring so many cameras??

I bring my both my smartphone (main cam) and a digital camera (backup cam) along.

The digicam can also be used when required to take complicated shots, if the smartphone is not capable of doing it well.

that's also my concern abt phonecam. that some shots cant b done properly. n i sometimes i do get moments when the focusing took a bit too long.

I bring whatever compact enough that can stuff into my jacket pockets and out of sight. LoL...scared kenna robbed.

I got my fujifilm compact camera and for video I use the Sanyo VPC-CG100

sanyo-xacti-vpc-cg100.jpg

Xacti%20VPC-CG100%20menu.jpg

These are great devices for me. Easy to carry. Point & shoot.

No good thing is that they are not that great for night shoot. Compact camera's light sensor has its limitations.

looks like more will prefer digicams for travels.

I bring whatever compact enough that can stuff into my jacket pockets and out of sight. LoL...scared kenna robbed.

I got my fujifilm compact camera and for video I use the Sanyo VPC-CG100

sanyo-xacti-vpc-cg100.jpg

Xacti%20VPC-CG100%20menu.jpg

These are great devices for me. Easy to carry. Point & shoot.

No good thing is that they are not that great for night shoot. Compact camera's light sensor has its limitations.

how's the pic n video quality for the xacti? thought of buying it when challenger had a promo. quite cheap. but also saw many models at other strores, so not sure which is which.

digicam much lighter and easier to carry..

and they are like 20megapixels easily?? ..

and cheaper than DSLR...

unless you are a pro photographer on job.. then its easy to decide..

hi guys,

wats ur opinions?

It depends how much you know about photography and what are your objectives.

Personally I would bring along a mirrorless camera such as those from Olympus, Sony or Fuji which are still portable while giving you great pictures. Sony's range of cameras such as A6000/5100 with their "collapsible" kit lens is a good option although if you don't mind a bit more bulk (and higher price), Fuji X-E2 and the kit lens is probably better. Or you can also consider an advanced point and shoot such from Sony, Fuji, Canon, etc.

Having said that, the camera on mobile phones nowadays are pretty good! Am particularly impressed with Note 4 and iP6 is no slouch either even though it is only 8MP.

It depends how much you know about photography and what are your objectives.

Personally I would bring along a mirrorless camera such as those from Olympus, Sony or Fuji which are still portable while giving you great pictures. Sony's range of cameras such as A6000/5100 with their "collapsible" kit lens is a good option although if you don't mind a bit more bulk (and higher price), Fuji X-E2 and the kit lens is probably better. Or you can also consider an advanced point and shoot such from Sony, Fuji, Canon, etc.

Having said that, the camera on mobile phones nowadays are pretty good! Am particularly impressed with Note 4 and iP6 is no slouch either even though it is only 8MP.

i dunno much abt photography, jus that sometimes i do get pissed when the phonecam doesnt take a pic nicely. yes...IP6 cam is pretty gd. too bad not an iphone user.

was looking at canon sx700 hs. quite gd reviews overall. but not sure if i really need a cam or it's jus a "want".

Handphone camera will struggle when you have low light. That is when you need something more capable.

If you are not into photography, Sony X100 MK3 is probably one of the best out there. Not cheap but then that's why it is good.

If you are into photography, my guess is that you probably won't be asking the question ... haha

i dunno much abt photography, jus that sometimes i do get pissed when the phonecam doesnt take a pic nicely. yes...IP6 cam is pretty gd. too bad not an iphone user.

was looking at canon sx700 hs. quite gd reviews overall. but not sure if i really need a cam or it's jus a "want".

Go and try Note 4's camera. You might be pleased.

Handphone camera will struggle when you have low light. That is when you need something more capable.

If you are not into photography, Sony X100 MK3 is probably one of the best out there. Not cheap but then that's why it is good.

If you are into photography, my guess is that you probably won't be asking the question ... haha

Bro you missed out an "R". Wait he go round and round the island cannot find. It's Sony RX100 Mk3. Anyway i suspect it would be too much of an investment for him.

Try to find RX100 MK2 instead. Older model so will be cheaper now. I think still got some shops have stock. Go take a walk in Funan (not Sim Lim Square please) and see see look look the main shops such as TK Foto, SLR Revolution, Alan Photo, etc.

• Praise 1

looks like more will prefer digicams for travels.

how's the pic n video quality for the xacti? thought of buying it when challenger had a promo. quite cheap. but also saw many models at other strores, so not sure which is which.

Ok lah. For the cheap price I consider it good. LoL...

↡ Advertisement