Monthly Sharing on Dereg Data & Projected COE Quota

yo2020

Turbocharged

The way the national media presents its headlines can be VERY misleading, whether intentional or accidental.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/number-of-coes-available-up-more-than-20-for-may-july-period/3672410.html?cx_tag=morestories4ucna&cid=tg:recos:morestories4ucna:standard#cxrecs_s

Headlines read:

Number of COEs available up more than 20% for May-July period  <made me so happy reading this, anticipating Cat A COE prices to drop>  [bounce2]

Upon scrutinizing  the content, you read this:

Except for Category A and B, all other vehicle categories will see a rise in the number of COEs.   <_<  <_<  <_< 

--------------

The headline should read like this, to avoid deliberate misrepresentation :

Number of COEs available up more than 20% for May-July period for most categories

OR

Number of COEs available up more than 20% for May-July period, led by commercial vehicles category

The reporters and editors should seriously brush up their grammar!!!

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

wow CAT C, no one saw that coming!!

CAT A and B, better lock in soon if still on the fence waiting for durian,  it  is only going up and up 

• Praise 1

Thinking abt it. weekend car still worth it meh? Never really studied the scheme.

BTW, I've seen plenty of ford rangers in malaysia but not here. Is it even being sold here?

I saw once at the MSCP near my house. Singapore plate. Looks very nice. Road tax is the killer.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Dint realize even vans cost so much

I had though 80k max

Damn [sweatdrop]

Just saw an ad in the papers today.

Opel Combo and Vivaro drop prices for about 10k. Don't know how true or just marketing tactics.

Anyway I just feel this round is purposely ask commercial vehicle owners to get ready to change for EURO VI emissions and get rid a fair amount of diesel vehicles on the roads with new commercial vehicles.

The no. are there and no of  COE will remain high till the rest of the year but these are made unimportant with LTA policy jerking here and there. When they see price soften, new pattern come out to support. 

Just saw an ad in the papers today.

Opel Combo and Vivaro drop prices for about 10k. Don't know how true or just marketing tactics.

Anyway I just feel this round is purposely ask commercial vehicle owners to get ready to change for EURO VI emissions and get rid a fair amount of diesel vehicles on the roads with new commercial vehicles.

Man, even a new double cabin truck drop price 10k to 110k, I will still have to top up 70k

Yeah, I get a brand new ride, power bursting euro 6

But 70k poorer

Hehe, mai lah mai lah [sweatdrop]

Supersonic

Thinking abt it. weekend car still worth it meh? Never really studied the scheme.

BTW, I've seen plenty of ford rangers in malaysia but not here. Is it even being sold here?

Depends on your usage.

Ford Ranger is selling now. Saw it in the Singapore motorshow. They change to the Raptor style front grille. Damn fierce.

• Praise 1

My one is pickup mah

Cat c

Bro. Do you forsee $1 for Cat C in the next 3 month?

Am looking to get a NV200 which is being already being discounted by about 20k for the next round.

Now thinking if it makes sense to wait or not ...... the AD setting COE rebate in the 20s. Seems this window is open for the next 3-6 months.

Edited by Piyopico
  • Praise 3

Bro. Do you forsee $1 for Cat C in the next 3 month?

Am looking to get a NV200 which is being already being discounted by about 20k for the next round.

Now thinking if it makes sense to wait or not ...... the AD setting COE rebate in the 20s. Seems this window is open for the next 3-6 months.

$1 very unlikely

Wait those car people Cheong to buy van pickup

There will be a equivalent point somewhere

Where, I don't know

• Praise 1

$1 very unlikely

Where, I don't know

You can consider renewing COE early if it drops a lot.

Euro 5 only though. Dun see euro 6 around.

• Praise 1

$1 very unlikely

Where, I don't know

Yeah if the diff btw cat A and Cat c is huge, ppl will buy cat C van pickup instead.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

$1 very unlikely

Where, I don't know

Uber loli akan datang.

• Praise 2

Dint realize even vans cost so much

I had though 80k max

Damn [sweatdrop]

In the 90s, people set up $1 shell companies, to register PH-plate Mercedes Vito minivan, and converted them to personal MPVs.

Not sure if LTA had closed that loop hole or not?

LTA scholars ... WAKE UP!!!

• Praise 2

In the 90s, people set up $1 shell companies, to register PH-plate Mercedes Vito minivan, and converted them to personal MPVs.

Not sure if LTA had closed that loop hole or not?

LTA scholars ... WAKE UP!!!

Sole proprietorship can already lah :XD:

Now how much ah :grin: