Where can i get a wheel clamp? is it legal for me to clamp?

Zippaboy

We have already pasted a lot of notices on the wall , stating that don't park there as it is reserved for loading/unloading.

There are signages of wheel clamping around the building, but the building management do not actually enforce it.

There are a lot of proper parking lots in front and around the building.

But there are no proper parking lots back lane, so most shop owners will park their cars behind their shop.

Vistors who come here to shop/eat keep parking behind our shop, making it difficult for our delivery team to load/unload items.

Is it legal for me to clamp them?

I am not thinking to ask them to pay for unclamping but at least the errant drivers will learn their lesson.

Where can I buy one ?

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement

We have already pasted a lot of notices on the wall , stating that don't park there as it is reserved for loading/unloading.

There are signages of wheel clamping around the building, but the building management do not actually enforce it.

But there are no proper parking lots back lane, so most shop owners will park their cars behind their shop.

Vistors who come here to shop/eat keep parking behind our shop, making it difficult for our delivery team to load/unload items.

I am not thinking to ask them to pay for unclamping but at least the errant drivers will learn their lesson.

Where can I buy one ?

Is the "parking lot" part of your property or part of the public road?

Sad to say, much as we might sometimes wish otherwise, IF it is a public road, your convenience for unloading doesn't trump someone else's convenience to park near where they are eating.

Also, if it is a private development with a Managing Committee - what are the parking rules within the development?

ETA - I don't think "not charging for release" makes a difference to the legality.

Further - is it a legal car park? If people are parking illegally then perhaps the answer is to call the warden (if they are parking legally then I think you have your answer)

Edited by Darryn
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

You cannot clamp a vehicle unless it is parked on a property belonging to you . If it is obstructing you , you can only call for enforcement action by informing your MA , or in the case of public roads , LTA .

Or you can scratch or puncture their vehicles . [lipsrsealed]

Edited by F355
  • Praise 1

Where can I buy one ?

Is the vehicle parked under your property?

If yes, clamp.

Unclamping fee: Waived - but will only unclamp when you feel like it.

Let the driver go car-less for 1 day.

Is the "parking lot" part of your property or part of the public road?

Sad to say, much as we might sometimes wish otherwise, IF it is a public road, your convenience for unloading doesn't trump someone else's convenience to park near where they are eating.

Also, if it is a private development with a Managing Committee - what are the parking rules within the development?

The entire building is part of the private development but they are not working !

You have to pass through the ERP parking gantry before you can enter the building.

There are so many wheel clamp signages around but nobody have ever been clamped.

Maybe the security guard is worried that they might clamp a tenant's vehicle though.

So many parking lots around and we have pasted so many kind notices on the wall at the backlane of our shop.

Usually the errant cars are dirty and full of dents and scratches.

haha the owners must have offended a lot of people.

http://www.trafficnetwork.com.sg/products/?gclid=CNf3w4_Cg8ICFUzHtAodUV0ARQ

http://www.asiaagencies.com/html/aa_browsecat.html

http://www.wahmeng.com.sg/pro2.html

I just hit google, "wheel clamp singapore"

The entire building is part of the private development but they are not working !

You have to pass through the ERP parking gantry before you can enter the building.

There are so many wheel clamp signages around but nobody have ever been clamped.

Maybe the security guard is worried that they might clamp a tenant's vehicle though.

So many parking lots around and we have pasted so many kind notices on the wall at the backlane of our shop.

Then you go clamp the building owner's vehicle when they come for visit.

Or just go clamp those vehicles and put a notice "refer to security".

Then the driver will go up/down looking like a fool.

Like that ah...

Then a follow up...is the parking lot a dedicated lot allocated to each shop, or is it "free parking" (this will be within the bylaws of the Body Corporate / Managing Committee)

Is the parking lot part of YOUR property or part of the COMMUNAL property? (this is normally noted in the title documents etc)

My bare arsed guess is that "MC Not Doing Anything" doesn't give you the rights to act - even if you are an owner in the development.

What I would suggest you do is one of two things -

Stand for election to the Committee at the next AGM, and then use that position to enforce the clamping

Find out when is the next committee meeting (by law they must be announced ahead of time, and owners can observe) then at that meeting volunteer to head up "Parking Enforcement" and arrange the clamping.

One more thing you can try -

I have seen remote control "barriers" that can be used to chope a lot - they raise or lower depending on what the owner wants,

You could talk to the management about installing something like this

The cost is very reasonable...

But do note, the development bylaws would still have to be updated to account for allocation of lots, which can be something very troublesome that generates a lot of jealously and unpleasantness

Like that ah...

Then a follow up...is the parking lot a dedicated lot allocated to each shop, or is it "free parking" (this will be within the bylaws of the Body Corporate / Managing Committee)

Is the parking lot part of YOUR property or part of the COMMUNAL property? (this is normally noted in the title documents etc)

My bare arsed guess is that "MC Not Doing Anything" doesn't give you the rights to act - even if you are an owner in the development.

What I would suggest you do is one of two things -

Stand for election to the Committee at the next AGM, and then use that position to enforce the clamping

Find out when is the next committee meeting (by law they must be announced ahead of time, and owners can observe) then at that meeting volunteer to head up "Parking Enforcement" and arrange the clamping.

By right, nobody is supposed to park there as there are no proper parking lots drawn.

Wheel clamp signs are all around to warn people to park at the proper lots.

As long you enter the building, you are already "paying" for the parking.

sigh, why some drivers are so inconsiderate?

already put up so many notices on the paper...

like this? [sly]

ERP.jpg

• Praise 1

Especially this 2 days, it have been raining so heavily.

Making things even more difficult for us to load/unload....

Use big garbage bins to chop the place as mentioned indirectly in one of replies above?

• Praise 1

By right, nobody is supposed to park there as there are no proper parking lots drawn.

Wheel clamp signs are all around to warn people to park at the proper lots.

As long you enter the building, you are already "paying" for the parking.

sigh, why some drivers are so inconsiderate?

already put up so many notices on the paper...

Errr.....

No Parking means no parking...

What is it about your convenience for unloading that makes your parking more "legimate" than someone elses?

Like I say-

the rules are already there, it might take a bit more effort than "complain to guards" but there are avenues there for you to get it solved....most notably, step forward for the committee so that you can get something done about it.

Also - are you saying that you never park company vehicles in front of shop? That you only unload then the vehicle goes off? You may well do, but I'm kinda dubious.

Sounds a little like "Animal Farm" to me

* Note - this is a sensitive subject for me, I used to sit on an MC, people are all to willing to sit behind and KPKB but when you ask them to step forward and do something, they disappear.

no you cannot. most likely you are referring to a strata owned building. which means there is an elected council and by-laws to be followed. in this case, if you take the "law" into your own hands, you will definitely get into trouble.

if you want to make sure you can tell the guards to wheel clamp, then join as a council member. then anytime got issue, just call the guard to come settle for you.

if your building belongs to a REIT or single owner and they dont wish to do anything, then sorry, LLST. if they want to close an eye, nothing you can do about it. please dont take the law into your own hands.

• Praise 3

after reading thru, it looks like you don't have the right to clamp anyone.

one solution may be to park your own car at that location since building management also bochap; when need to unload/load stuff, move your car away, do the unload/load, then move it back.

• Praise 3