German cars: do you prefer BMW or Mercedes?

Tumisu

I always see comments about the reliability of mercs and the unreliability of bmw.

We have a BMW and two Mercs in the family, all bought in 2011 and mileage similar in the 40-50k km range.

Up to the day the BMW warranty expired, it was flawless, never have a single problem and zero warranty repair or claims. I even have outside workshop look at the car before warranty ends but nothing to claim.

The two mercs, multiple problems and claims under warranty, e.g. sensor replacement, issues with interior squeaking noise and leather QC issues.

I will be interested to monitor what goes on after 3 years.

Edited by Helbreath
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

BMW or Mercedes Benz ? ... 又来?... 😂

The Never Ending Saga continues ... 😂

That's because you 无间道 ... You play both side ... 😂

The best of both world ... 😂

yes, sibek sianliao,

same topic discussing so many thread, canot get any valulable info at all,

• Praise 2

Your bazi gum BMW, but not MB.

I always see comments about the reliability of mercs and the unreliability of bmw.

We have a BMW and two Mercs in the family, all bought in 2011 and mileage similar in the 40-50k km range.

Up to the day the BMW warranty expired, it was flawless, never have a single problem and zero warranty repair or claims. I even have outside workshop look at the car before warranty ends but nothing to claim.

The two mercs, multiple problems and claims under warranty, e.g. sensor replacement, issues with interior squeaking noise and leather QC issues.

• Praise 4

That's great info bro, can you share which models?

It is like a 5, a C and an E?

:D

• Praise 6

I have driven 2 models of merc & only 1 model of beemer, so it seems i a hard decision.

Can't describe it but the feels and comfort is there, I am powered-driven driver ( not speeding ) so i like to rev when over-taking and engineer a fast move or change lane when situation arises.

In terms of performance, Beemer was smooth and gives the ride a clear distinction of class and it oozes charm and character.

Merc may have the ' uncle looked ' , the notion of new design and functionality has driven over by younger designers over old blue-print, so it has an edge over the latter. The more one look at a Merc, it grows on you later on.

I would prefer'ed both, but given the priority on Mercedes Benz especially the new C250. [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

yes, sibek sianliao,

same topic discussing so many thread, canot get any valulable info at all,

then again, many topics here are already 冷饭从炒. [laugh]

• Praise 2

no headache to choose ...

family car .... go out shopping on weekend

535i-01_zps2b04fa26.jpg

daily car ... drive to work

e220cdi%20amg%20sport%20coupe%20new%20in

daily car looks more fierce than wkend one lol

• Praise 1

Heard a joke that there are only 2 types of MEN, one drive Merc, the other drive BMW.

Mercedes is my clear choice.

Don't mind driving a BMW, yes some models nicer to drive than a merc, but will only own Merc in SG..

Cant wait to visit the MB museum next mth in Stuttgart.

• Praise 1

It has always been a struggle me ...

The heart says BMW and the brain says Merc....

Only kept the BMW for 26 months and the Merc is 4 years next week... I still miss the drive of the BMW till today but I know that I can confidently keep the Merc and buys another COE for another 10 years.

Audi ... OC don't like .. so can forget about it ...

• Praise 1

German cars are normally very appreciated. Volkswagen, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and other brands are very famous all over the world. But maybe the most famous are these last two.

Which one do you prefer? BMW or Mercedes?

Both brands I love :))

But can only see from afar :D

Now can only afford Japan cars...

Hmm... Did go to showroom to test drive Merc cars... Maybe B180 I can afford ... Hahaha :))

• Praise 2

The new merc actually look way better than BMW no matter where you try to compare.

i think the new 3 series looks very very nice but not the current 5 and 7. The previous 7 is very classy, the rear look especially nice.
  • Praise 1

base on personal experience, the BMW gives and overall sportier more exhilarating drive and truly engages the driver more.

The Mercy on the otherhand is more comfy and milder, not necesarily worse off.

Given a choice. I would take the M3 as a fun drive and the S Class for comfort cruising.

Unfortunately, now can only afford Honda and Suzuki.......bah....

Over and out.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1