German cars: do you prefer BMW or Mercedes?

Tumisu

hi all... have been based in the UK for close to 18 yrs but may be relocating back to singapore in the near future and am currently checking out prices of cars, specifically BMWs, Mercs and maybe Porsches.

am wondering how reliable are the prices being posted on sgcarmart in the sense of

- are these all inclusive prices?

- are we able to negotiate discounts if i have no trade ins, this is singapore after all.. what would be a reasonable discount to ask for? for e.g., in the UK, have negotiated typically between 7 - 15% off list

- there don't seem to be much options that can be added per the BMW website which makes me question how reliable the pricing is as the cars don't necessarily seem that well specced compared to what i'm used to in the UK where the options list is pages long? Is there any way i can view the options/price lists so that i can get a true sense of what i would be paying?

have had the z4, 5 series, X3 in the UK so likely to stay with BMWs

thanks all

Edited by cooldude00
↡ Advertisement

Have a figure in mind when you test drive the car. Negotiate towards the target price with the sweetener that if your price is met, you will put the down payment on the spot.

• Praise 1

Somehow bmw paintwork like very thin! Nb.. Attracting alot of dents and a few paint chips liao! Siannnnnnnnnn

Its weight saving paint so the car can go faster.

:D

• Praise 8

The prices you see online are but listed prices, you need to visit the showroom and negotiate with the SE. My advise is to decide on a particular model you want first before you decide to buy.

I concur with bro Serenade & bro Thaiyotakamli and ultimately when you negotiate, bear in mind when you do so you need to be sure you are ready to commit on signing the dotted line.

• Praise 2

The prices you see online are but listed prices, you need to visit the showroom and negotiate with the SE. My advise is to decide on a particular model you want first before you decide to buy.

I concur with bro Serenade & bro Thaiyotakamli and ultimately when you negotiate, bear in mind when you do so you need to be sure you are ready to commit on signing the dotted line.

Yes take out Ur cheque book, offer u think the best price u can pay, if dont want walk away, find other sales guy another day

• Praise 1

hi all... have been based in the UK for close to 18 yrs but may be relocating back to singapore in the near future and am currently checking out prices of cars, specifically BMWs, Mercs and maybe Porsches.

am wondering how reliable are the prices being posted on sgcarmart in the sense of

- are we able to negotiate discounts if i have no trade ins, this is singapore after all.. what would be a reasonable discount to ask for? for e.g., in the UK, have negotiated typically between 7 - 15% off list

- there don't seem to be much options that can be added per the BMW website which makes me question how reliable the pricing is as the cars don't necessarily seem that well specced compared to what i'm used to in the UK where the options list is pages long? Is there any way i can view the options/price lists so that i can get a true sense of what i would be paying?

thanks all

In Sg, u want car fast, ex-stocks which might not have options u want.

Indent order takes 6 - 9 mths.

This applies to both BMW & Porky

• Praise 1

In Sg, u want car fast, ex-stocks which might not have options u want.

Indent order takes 6 - 9 mths.

This applies to both BMW & Porky

Even merc too. Indent would require at least 6 months

Get stock best if stock last year one bargain for more, normally can get few k more off

• Praise 2

thanks all

As a general guide, Mercy is around 20-30k off listed prices while BMW typically is priced 20k lower..

• Praise 1

I visited the merc museum in Stuttgart and BMW welt in Munich. Mercedes definitely has more heritage and history with roots in automobile while BMW is a relatively younger marque but still with a lot of heritage and I am proud of both.

Having owned both, I still have to say it's difficult to say which is better. Both of them bring a smile to my face every time I see or touch them :)

• Praise 3

This was something nice/interested about PML service (okay some will find it damn boh liao)

I sent my car in to PML to swap out the stock exo, the package includes the labour, exahaust and sending the car to LTA, when I collected the car I decided to watch the car camera footage to see if their driver got anyhow floor it or not.

Surprisingly the PML staff drives the car quite cautiously from Leng Kee to Sin Ming, he hardly went above 60kmh and kept mostly to the left lane. Seems like the management stresses to their drivers not to anyhow whack customers cars. [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

old bird owners

can advice for battery must use back agm? or those outside like amaron/bosch s5..etc can already?

w212/e class

Never owned a merc yet but as far as battery is concern, they are standard products as long as the Voltage and Ampere-Hour, max current (for cranking) and size are the same.

Same concept of using Ever Ready instead of Sony batteries for your Sony gadgets.

Merc/BMW probably outsource the production to someone else, like its filters, ECU....

• Praise 1

Bmw bec it's engineered bottom up chassis, drivetrain and engine..... Spent money also on acoustic even for base model. Merc is all about comfort and safety, depending which feature u prefer....

Since I drive the car then bmw.... But gonna get a merc to try soon..... ML350 would be a great car to own.

This was something nice/interested about PML service (okay some will find it damn boh liao)

I sent my car in to PML to swap out the stock exo, the package includes the labour, exahaust and sending the car to LTA, when I collected the car I decided to watch the car camera footage to see if their driver got anyhow floor it or not.

Surprisingly the PML staff drives the car quite cautiously from Leng Kee to Sin Ming, he hardly went above 60kmh and kept mostly to the left lane. Seems like the management stresses to their drivers not to anyhow whack customers cars. [thumbsup]

......they first check if car cam installed before driving off [laugh]

• Praise 4

Haha this is the part I forgot to mention, they disconnected my blackvue camera but I had a backup Lukas camera which they forgot to disconnect (I kiasu),

post-78681-0-75733400-1420196757_thumb.j

......they first check if car cam installed before driving off [laugh]

↡ Advertisement