2015 Mazda 2 Sedan

ahboy86

Any idea when this will be launching? It will be launching in Australia in Q3 ...wonder if Singapore have the same timeline?

Wonder the price will be similar to the Mazda 2 hatchback or lesser ...following Mazda 3 sedan and hatchback pricing.

↡ Advertisement

price of 2 and 3 is 5354, not much diff. Just get 3 for slightly bigger interior and most of all, a far superior rear suspension setup.

Hey has anyone test driven the new Mazda 2015 hatchback yet? Any thoughts?

• Praise 1

price of 2 and 3 is 5354, not much diff. Just get 3 for slightly bigger interior and most of all, a far superior rear suspension setup.

The thing is, this is gonna be my first car and I don't see myself ferrying more than 1-2 people 80% of the time so space wise not an issue. The price difference I think is more than that though. The 3 is also almost 300kg heavier which will definitely impact fuel consumption seeing as Singapore is mostly start stop traffic. Hmm.

• Praise 1

The thing is, this is gonna be my first car and I don't see myself ferrying more than 1-2 people 80% of the time so space wise not an issue. The price difference I think is more than that though. The 3 is also almost 300kg heavier which will definitely impact fuel consumption seeing as Singapore is mostly start stop traffic. Hmm.

For Deluxe version, compared to M3 hatchback, price difference is $15k and compared to M3 Sedan, price difference is $10k.

So the differences are quite substantial. Fuel consumption of course M2 is much better.

• Praise 1

Go and test drive both.. I did..

The 2 is more responsive to drive compared to 3. Size of course smaller and easier to park, control etc.

Boot no need to say .. 2 is 2015 newest model. 3 is 2014 still nice.

• Praise 1

Was also considering the 3 but felt it was too sluggish. 2.0 version is ideal but is priced too expensive.

In the end decided to get the mazda 2 as I'm more of a driving enthusiast :p

Boot space is ok for the 2 but the high boot sill makes loading luggage slightly tricky. But other than that no complaints from me. Mazda built a great car!

• Praise 2