Ford Focus titanium

Obscurest

Thks for the feedback and congrats on your new ride!

U drive a lot in the city? I suspecting cos that kind of FC normally is for start stop scenarios.

Theres really no change in my driving habit and the places i go during these 5-6 days, and i get caught in jams and stop at many traffic lights all the time with my previous cars and i have never really gotten this kind of bad fc. This is less than half of what brochure claims, which is never the case, usualy people get like 20-30% lesser than what the brochure claims.

im at 500km now, will update again when i reach 1k+km.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Doesnt come with alarm, just immobiliser so i guess ill be fitting an after market alarm system(any suggestions?)

You should have your car's VIN, yes? Consider entering it into FordEtis to confirm your equipment list. See if it mentions an alarm - the Mondeo's specs lists do not mention an alarm but they are in fact equipped with one.

You should have your car's VIN, yes? Consider entering it into FordEtis to confirm your equipment list. See if it mentions an alarm - the Mondeo's specs lists do not mention an alarm but they are in fact equipped with one.

Nope not included, it says Less Anti-Theft Alarm"". Salesguy also said not included.

Turbocharged

Nope not included, it says Less Anti-Theft Alarm"". Salesguy also said not included.

Well, then it's aftermarket for you. Sorry, I haven't got a suggestion at the moment. My car came loaded so I never really went looking for accessories  [sweatdrop]

Well, then it's aftermarket for you. Sorry, I haven't got a suggestion at the moment. My car came loaded so I never really went looking for accessories  [sweatdrop]

mondeo? I actualy like the apple car play on the mondeo. Anyways i checked with the salesperson about my terrible FC and he said it will take 5000km for the car to study my driving habit and optimize the FC. so for now just "tahan"  [laugh]

Theres really no change in my driving habit and the places i go during these 5-6 days, and i get caught in jams and stop at many traffic lights all the time with my previous cars and i have never really gotten this kind of bad fc. This is less than half of what brochure claims, which is never the case, usualy people get like 20-30% lesser than what the brochure claims.

im at 500km now, will update again when i reach 1k+km.

Bro hope it's better after 1st svc. I'm not sure about this but maybe too small cc might be less efficient despite turbocharging it. About the vibration, I felt it on steering wheel during test drive; same for Mondeo. As for strong bassi can set lower; too bassy actually results in muffled clarity.
  • Praise 1

Bro hope it's better after 1st svc. I'm not sure about this but maybe too small cc might be less efficient despite turbocharging it. About the vibration, I felt it on steering wheel during test drive; same for Mondeo. As for strong bassi can set lower; too bassy actually results in muffled clarity.

So which one did u get? guess the audio bass is a small issue, vibration on steering isnt that bad anyways, but the FC is quite a worry, im just thinking, whats the point of fitting it with a small engine if its gonna get bad FC anyways... right?... im currently doing about 400km at full tank, it would be satisfying if eventually i get at least 600-700km after run in, which is like 30% lesser than what the brochure states(i guess 30% lesser is a reasonable expectation).

Other than that, for bros who are thinking of purchasing the focus, i say its a really good value for money car given the ample features and performance, unless size is important, then get a vezel ;). 

So which one did u get? guess the audio bass is a small issue, vibration on steering isnt that bad anyways, but the FC is quite a worry, im just thinking, whats the point of fitting it with a small engine if its gonna get bad FC anyways... right?... im currently doing about 400km at full tank, it would be satisfying if eventually i get at least 600-700km after run in, which is like 30% lesser than what the brochure states(i guess 30% lesser is a reasonable expectation).

Other than that, for bros who are thinking of purchasing the focus, i say its a really good value for money car given the ample features and performance, unless size is important, then get a vezel ;). 

ha bro, i still haven't decided; depending on coe, my sequence of choices currently - sportage, xv, elantra, sienta. not considering ford as space abit cramp n seats too firm for me but i've no question about it's build - solid body n interior. previously considered vezel n qashqai. ride still have 13mths, so play by ear.. maybe next year facelift / have diff new models

sportage - solid body n build, spacious, comfortable, good speaker sound quality, excellent safety rating, good nvh reduction, aesthetically pleasing, better performance than current suv ride, still prefer suv type

xv - much cheaper, excellent safety rating, good speaker sound quality, spacious, comfortable

elantra - much cheaper, best in class features inlcuding safety, reasonable space, good speaker sound quality, aesthetically pleasing, best performance in all cars i've shortlisted

sienta - much cheaper, best in class versatility n space, "special" design, most practical

actually, if without sacrificing parf, i won't mind to renew current ride coe as it's running smoothly..

ha bro, i still haven't decided; depending on coe, my sequence of choices currently - sportage, xv, elantra, sienta. not considering ford as space abit cramp n seats too firm for me but i've no question about it's build - solid body n interior. previously considered vezel n qashqai. ride still have 13mths, so play by ear.. maybe next year facelift / have diff new models

sportage - solid body n build, spacious, comfortable, good speaker sound quality, excellent safety rating, good nvh reduction, aesthetically pleasing, better performance than current suv ride, still prefer suv type

xv - much cheaper, excellent safety rating, good speaker sound quality, spacious, comfortable

elantra - much cheaper, best in class features inlcuding safety, reasonable space, good speaker sound quality, aesthetically pleasing, best performance in all cars i've shortlisted

sienta - much cheaper, best in class versatility n space, "special" design, most practical

actually, if without sacrificing parf, i won't mind to renew current ride coe as it's running smoothly..

Had exactly the same thoughts of renewing my car when it had a year left, but when reaching ending, i realised im gona spend the same amount reviving the car, plus i rugi parf rebate, and also insurance road tax will be abit higher. I really loved my old car but i strongly feel i made the right choice buying new with all the modern gadgets in it. of your mentioned choices id say go for XV, focus is small and the wagon version isnt that nice. only my wife and i using the car so size wasnt an issue for me.

Focus 1.0 Ecoboost.

I am on 5,000km and getting 630km for full tank. Means fuel lights on at 550km.

Thanks for the info bro, assuming its on 45l not counting the reserve, thats about 14km/l? not bad at all.

Had exactly the same thoughts of renewing my car when it had a year left, but when reaching ending, i realised im gona spend the same amount reviving the car, plus i rugi parf rebate, and also insurance road tax will be abit higher. I really loved my old car but i strongly feel i made the right choice buying new with all the modern gadgets in it. of your mentioned choices id say go for XV, focus is small and the wagon version isnt that nice. only my wife and i using the car so size wasnt an issue for me.

Thanks for the info bro, assuming its on 45l not counting the reserve, thats about 14km/l? not bad at all.

The light is always up when i have 80km left. Meter is showing 11.9L/100km but how accurate that is I dunno.

Im on Esso 95 and with Rschip with Sports mode on.

Perhaps we should set up a whatsapp group for new ford owners since the circle is quite small and easier for discussions as well.

The light is always up when i have 80km left. Meter is showing 11.9L/100km but how accurate that is I dunno.

Im on Esso 95 and with Rschip with Sports mode on.

Perhaps we should set up a whatsapp group for new ford owners since the circle is quite small and easier for discussions as well.

id like to know more about your rschip, what has improved and are there any side effects? and how much?

id like to know more about your rschip, what has improved and are there any side effects? and how much?

Improvements in low end... can see rpm climbs faster means pick-up is better. also not forgetting the response as well.

side effects - slightly worse fc as expected.

Note that i installed rschip after abt 1600km so i dunno whats the real stock fc after EO change and run-in period.

actually i quite like the focus hb (not wagon) wc looked sleek n sporty. about renewing coe, the painful part was forgoing my parf wc is 9k thereabout. then add 5yr coe of 25-27k, per year depre for old car is 7.5k thereabout. if add another 1.5-2k depre for new car albeit smaller may be "worth it" cos gettin new car w warranty, probably some free svc'g n improvement in safety n technology.

hope xv have some facelift on front headlamps by early next yr then will b good to consider cos current headlamp quite outdated w all halogens on reflector; at least have some projector headlamp n led drl so front matches back..

Improvements in low end... can see rpm climbs faster means pick-up is better. also not forgetting the response as well.

side effects - slightly worse fc as expected.

Note that i installed rschip after abt 1600km so i dunno whats the real stock fc after EO change and run-in period.

Isit like sooo much better in terms of acceleration and response, or just so so only.  Could you kindly pm me the price and place u bought and installed?

Thanks man

actually i quite like the focus hb (not wagon) wc looked sleek n sporty. about renewing coe, the painful part was forgoing my parf wc is 9k thereabout. then add 5yr coe of 25-27k, per year depre for old car is 7.5k thereabout. if add another 1.5-2k depre for new car albeit smaller may be "worth it" cos gettin new car w warranty, probably some free svc'g n improvement in safety n technology.

hope xv have some facelift on front headlamps by early next yr then will b good to consider cos current headlamp quite outdated w all halogens on reflector; at least have some projector headlamp n led drl so front matches back..

If you ask me i say theres quite a few good 8k-9k depre new cars in the market now. And your 7.5k depre need to consider repairs and sourcing of parts, strongly advice you to get new :) 

Just make sure you get from a trusted dealer if you getting from PI, otherwise just get from AD.

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys,

Am considering the Focus and Peugeot 308. Test drove both cars last weekend. My personal point of view and comparing both prices (they're about 1k diff): 

Focus - Totally enjoyed the drive. Heard it's a reliable and good car but it does not have as much features when compared to the 308. And fc is not as good. 

308 - I feel it has more power, picks up faster and offers more features/equipments. With moonroof, reverse cam, park assist, blind spot indication, etc. Fc is good. 

Gearbox: Not sure of the reliability. EAT6 - SE mentioned that it's the same as Toyota. 

Currently, I'm driving a Jap hatchback. I'm a newbie when it comes to conti cars. Any advice/tips to share?

Thanks in advance! 

↡ Advertisement