Ford Focus titanium

Obscurest

Is RS Chip different from bluefin?

How many km since remap?

Any noticeable different in term of power and fuel economy?

rs chip is a piggyback not remap.

i can feel torque and slight improvements.

↡ Advertisement

rs chip is a piggyback not remap.

i can feel torque and slight improvements.

Hi bro, u mind sharing more info on the rschip, never used anyting like dat before

Hi bro, u mind sharing more info on the rschip, never used anyting like dat before

Hi bro,

you can read the whole thread abt rschip under performance and tuning section.

another alternative would be racechip ultimate but a lot more expensive.

cheers!

Turbocharged

yes i did all this and slightly more than that.

rims was changed immediately out of showroom, rs chip installed after 2000km.

always on Ron95 and reading was 12 to 12.1kpl. of cos depends on your right foot but no need to always be light footed otherwise not fun at all. i dunno if regent used shell or motorcraft engine oil on my first servicing though.

For a more direct comparison do you have data on your FC prior to installing the RSChip? I've been considering a piggyback/remap for the larger 2.0 EcoBoost as well but I'm more interested in knowing if it will be more efficient.

For a more direct comparison do you have data on your FC prior to installing the RSChip? I've been considering a piggyback/remap for the larger 2.0 EcoBoost as well but I'm more interested in knowing if it will be more efficient.

sorry no data cos i went for it straight after abt 2,000km.

the rschip is quite ok for me and its not very expensive as well. best thing is that it can be brought over to your next car.

Turbocharged

sorry no data cos i went for it straight after abt 2,000km.

the rschip is quite ok for me and its not very expensive as well. best thing is that it can be brought over to your next car.

How much did they charge you for your 1.0 EcoBoost's map?

Turbocharged

like i said. its not a map but a chip.

...they have to get the appropriate map for the chip, don't they?

...they have to get the appropriate map for the chip, don't they?

u can google rschip and find out more in the website.

this is not a software so there are no maps. its basically to ''álter'' the parameters of the stock ecu.

Turbocharged

u can google rschip and find out more in the website.

this is not a software so there are no maps. its basically to ''álter'' the parameters of the stock ecu.

Last I checked most of these chips will be best with a customized map for your car, so I was curious if they charged you specifically just for the chip or whether you got a RSChip programmed specifically for your car.

Last I checked most of these chips will be best with a customized map for your car, so I was curious if they charged you specifically just for the chip or whether you got a RSChip programmed specifically for your car.

if you have these chips then u dun need a customised map. if you go for customised tuning then these chips are useless. rschip is compatible for most cars and is just plug and play via obd port in the car.

Turbocharged
(edited)

if you have these chips then u dun need a customised map. if you go for customised tuning then these chips are useless. rschip is compatible for most cars and is just plug and play via obd port in the car.

that kind I don't feel work as well as a chip programmed for your car.

I mean like a generic chip I'm sure can do something, but going off RSChip web and RaceChip etc. they ask you whats your car, so I assumed there's a map specific to the engines.

I can't help but feel if it's specifically tuned to improve your specific engine it would do better than a generic program...

Edited by 7hm

that kind I don't feel work as well as a chip programmed for your car.

then you can spend 1k plus for a generic map or go for a customised tuning for your car.

note that warranty will be void.

Turbocharged

then you can spend 1k plus for a generic map or go for a customised tuning for your car.

note that warranty will be void.

Piggyback will probably also screw with your warranty if they find the thing.

At any rate I was always under the impression that these RSChip and similar things could be specially mapped for the target car, hence they charge you for a new map when you get a new car. 

So yours was more than 1k?

Piggyback will probably also screw with your warranty if they find the thing.

At any rate I was always under the impression that these RSChip and similar things could be specially mapped for the target car, hence they charge you for a new map when you get a new car. 

So yours was more than 1k?

rschip no issue.

and it will not cost close to 1k for new.

i think u shd go read more abt rschip and racechip.

cheers!

Turbocharged

rschip no issue.

and it will not cost close to 1k for new.

i think u shd go read more abt rschip and racechip.

cheers!

I already been to those threads a few times, but until now I don't have the simple answer to the simple question I originally ask, how much did your RSChip cost for your Focus???

I already been to those threads a few times, but until now I don't have the simple answer to the simple question I originally ask, how much did your RSChip cost for your Focus???

pls go to market place and look around.

diff places diff price but its more or less ard there. just click on marketplace and type rschip! the price doesnt depend on car brands. just turbo or NA type tats all!

pls note i share my experiences here and i DON'T OWE YOU anything.

Turbocharged

pls go to market place and look around.

diff places diff price but its more or less ard there. just click on marketplace and type rschip! the price doesnt depend on car brands. just turbo or NA type tats all!

pls note i share my experiences here and i DON'T OWE YOU anything.

You don't owe me anything, and if I wanted a random marketplace price, I would've gone and done that (which I already did before).

I just wanted to know what kind of real price a real Ford driver got. No need to be so hostile.

:huh:

If you don't want to share, you could have just said so. There is nothing wrong with that.

↡ Advertisement