AFF Suzuki Cup

Caldina

haha. Seriously, side note, their MotoGp, really Soo Soo Kee. They made their debut for MotoGp during the last round for 2014......qualifier tech problem, during race again tech prob....they were away for 2-3 years, come back like that......next year 2015 dunno how they will fair.

Yah tink they really live up to their NICK ..............hahaha :D

I ride GSXR time also SU SU Ki..................painful man :D[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Yah tink they really live up to their NICK ..............hahaha :D

I ride GSXR time also SU SU Ki..................painful man :D[laugh]

I still remember when Suzuki introduced the GSXR Slingshot back in the 80s.....it was quite revolutionary for a street bike as it really looks like a racing bike. One thing though the engine us quite rough as compared to the Hondas. For MotoGp Suzuki was never a contender except for the time Kevin Schwantz was riding for them.

For this yrs Suzuki Cup lineup...only a handful shines...but if you compare the age our team are mostly made up of boys.....u can see by the differences in their facial features....its like watching men play with boys...but still our team gave them a good fight. Stange is in his 1st year with the team and the team are mostly young players......give them another 3-5 yrs and i hope they can live up to their potential.

• Praise 1

today straits times say players vs coach problems,

seem like fas already meditate several times but dissatisfaction still there.

coach to go soon?

today straits times say players vs coach problems,

seem like fas already meditate several times but dissatisfaction still there.

coach to go soon?

I think our national team is full of Liverpool and Man U supporters......hahahaha!

I think Spore tactic is wrong.

Yes I agree

When almost your whole team are Malay players, this means that you are drawing talent only from 20% of the population

So these are the best players from a group of 20% only, not the best players in the country

(I am sure some of the Malay players are the best in the country, but for sure not all of them)

Yes I agree

When almost your whole team are Malay players, this means that you are drawing talent only from 20% of the population

So these are the best players from a group of 20% only, not the best players in the country

(I am sure some of the Malay players are the best in the country, but for sure not all of them)

this has been debated many times but i don't think the national selectors purposely ignore players of other races.

we know that many chinese and indian players gave up due to paper chase, and looking at the only chinese player currently, gabriel quek, i think hes not really national team material.

and its really amazing that despite our small pool of malay players, compared to the much larger pool of malay players in malaysia and indonesia, we still are able to match them.

I think our national team is full of Liverpool and Man U supporters......hahahaha!

haha, but surely you must support your national team no matter what club you support right?

• Praise 2

this has been debated many times but i don't think the national selectors purposely ignore players of other races.

we know that many chinese and indian players gave up due to paper chase, and looking at the only chinese player currently, gabriel quek, i think hes not really national team material.

and its really amazing that despite our small pool of malay players, compared to the much larger pool of malay players in malaysia and indonesia, we still are able to match them.

haha, but surely you must support your national team no matter what club you support right?

hahaha.....now i dont support BPL team liao.....used to support MU but i find it strange supporting a team half a world away who dont even have a clue that i exist.....hahaha. Of course i support Sg national team and i of course wished more non-malays represents the team. Where are the Quah Kim Songs, Edmund Wees, Rajagopals, eric paynes, Suriamurthis, Lim Tong Hais and Sundramoorthis of the new generation? Everywhere i see in schools and training grounds.....most of the child players are malays....even a field near my home where there is a neighbourhood teenage team it is full of malays. When i grew up my team in AMk had 1 Indian and 5-6 malays and the rest were chinese.....

ok, support!!

wonder, this kind of moves by the GK, was it a call from the bench, or captain or the GK decided himself.

better luck next time Lions, hope to see more lethal goal scorers crop up.

That one is really last ditch already. That's why Hassan Sunny went out. He did look at the bench for instructions.

I still remember when Suzuki introduced the GSXR Slingshot back in the 80s.....it was quite revolutionary for a street bike as it really looks like a racing bike. One thing though the engine us quite rough as compared to the Hondas. For MotoGp Suzuki was never a contender except for the time Kevin Schwantz was riding for them.

For this yrs Suzuki Cup lineup...only a handful shines...but if you compare the age our team are mostly made up of boys.....u can see by the differences in their facial features....its like watching men play with boys...but still our team gave them a good fight. Stange is in his 1st year with the team and the team are mostly young players......give them another 3-5 yrs and i hope they can live up to their potential.

The malaysians and Thais are a young team as well. Can't based on that lah.

The malaysians are generally technically better. Only Hariss is at that level and arguably even better.

Agree completely.

Which lao pei and lao bu here will give thumbs up to your son turning into a pro footballer here in SG? Come on...

You can't be a good amateur at this level. You've got to turn pro and take your chances as they come.

It's a well known fact that most pro footballers come from humble backgrounds. Or else they already tak chek liao.

Gabriel Quak is a sub at best. Willing but limited.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

That one is really last ditch already. That's why Hassan Sunny went out. He did look at the bench for instructions.

The malaysians and Thais are a young team as well. Can't based on that lah.

The malaysians are generally technically better. Only Hariss is at that level and arguably even better.

The thais are young...i agree...but MY team! Most of them looks 28-30!

The thais are young...i agree...but MY team! Most of them looks 28-30!

Hmm no leh. Most are at most mid 20s.

Their captain is only 26.

It's the facial hair lah. They are all dam stocky and fairly short. The singaporean team is taller and skinnier.

hahaha.....now i dont support BPL team liao.....used to support MU but i find it strange supporting a team half a world away who dont even have a clue that i exist.....hahaha. Of course i support Sg national team and i of course wished more non-malays represents the team. Where are the Quah Kim Songs, Edmund Wees, Rajagopals, eric paynes, Suriamurthis, Lim Tong Hais and Sundramoorthis of the new generation? Everywhere i see in schools and training grounds.....most of the child players are malays....even a field near my home where there is a neighbourhood teenage team it is full of malays. When i grew up my team in AMk had 1 Indian and 5-6 malays and the rest were chinese.....

Used to chase Singapore team... went to Sham Alam to watch Singapore play in the malaysia cup :))

That was the time...

Still support Singapore, cos this is my country :))

Miss our superb sub - Steven Tan :))

• Praise 2

Hmm no leh. Most are at most mid 20s.

Their captain is only 26.

It's the facial hair lah. They are all dam stocky and fairly short. The singaporean team is taller and skinnier.

the MY squad.....Robbats oni 23 but look old siak! But majority are born in the 80s..... http://www.national-football-teams.com/country/114/2014/Malaysia.html

Used to chase Singapore team... went to Sham Alam to watch Singapore play in the malaysia cup :))

That was the time...

Still support Singapore, cos this is my country :))

Miss our superb sub - Steven Tan :))

those times i married liao...but i watched the SG-Pahang match when Steven Tan skived a shot but it landed in the goal....nearly had an accident going back from the stadium and had a hoarse voice for a few days after that.......the atmosphere was electrifying. Edited by Eviilusion

the MY squad.....Robbats oni 23 but look old siak! But majority are born in the 80s..... http://www.national-football-teams.com/country/114/2014/Malaysia.html

those times i married liao...but i watched the SG-Pahang match when Steven Tan skived a shot but it landed in the goal....nearly had an accident going back from the stadium and had a hoarse voice for a few days after that.......the atmosphere was electrifying.

Robbat is tenacious and good sia!!!

• Praise 2

...but i watched the SG-Pahang match when Steven Tan skived a shot but it landed in the goal....nearly had an accident going back from the stadium and had a hoarse voice for a few days after that.......the atmosphere was electrifying.

When Amri scored that equaliser, you have to be in the national stadium to feel the energy and madness. The 2 ang mo seated in front of me were taking video all rounds. My son and I had a great evening. It would have been even better if we had won or draw the match.

• Praise 3

Robbat is tenacious and good sia!!!

ya...he was like a pitbull...never give up and keep on fighting. I dont know why...sg team likes to give other teams the space to play....oni when they trailed than they started to play better. It is always like that!

When Amri scored that equaliser, you have to be in the national stadium to feel the energy and madness. The 2 ang mo seated in front of me were taking video all rounds. My son and I had a great evening. It would have been even better if we had won or draw the match.

hope it will herald a new generation of die hard supporters and footballing team.

like dat ha.

heard the SG GK went up to the opponents goalmouth, left his post defenceless and resulted in a goal.

ya, tactics still an edge. Stange sure stinging.

saw a headline that players are revolting against stange ?

• Praise 1

saw a headline that players are revolting against stange ?

Football is like that right? Lose and finger pointing starts, win and the Coach is a genius, players

played with their hearts on their sleeve etc.

S'pore team too used to Raddy's tactics and when Stange came in, it was a revolutionary change.

He wanted a pressing, high tempo game which is alien to us.

To be fair, this is how modern football is played but whether we have the players to do it is another matter. To play the pressing game you need fitness and a change in mindset which includes diet etc. Will our players welcome it? I'm not sure. Do we continue to perservere with this tactic or discard it and go back to the basic, tried and trusted way we have been used to.

A lot of questions and FAS has to get it right especially if they want to start filling up seats in our new Stadium as nothing beats a successful National Football Team!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5