AFF Suzuki Cup

Caldina

I watched this match before the pool match starts and Singapore's defending was decent with Daniel Bennett recalled to the national team but they can't string 3 passes together and was playing percentage balls to shorten the disadvantage of one man down. So I guess a nil nil draw is a good result for Singapore. But it is a tough group with Thailand and Indonesia in the same group too. We must steal a win against Indonesia and draw against Thailand to stand a chance to qualify for the semi-final.

Ya I watch about half hour then turn to Man U v Arsenal so didn't really watch the full game but yes u r right Singapore played park the bus style with backs to the wall performance. Nothing to shout about but under the circumstances, I guess no choice but they won't go far if they continue this style. Then again, ball is round so stranger things have happened before in football so go Lions go

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Ya I watch about half hour then turn to Man U v Arsenal so didn't really watch the full game but yes u r right Singapore played park the bus style with backs to the wall performance. Nothing to shout about but under the circumstances, I guess no choice but they won't go far if they continue this style. Then again, ball is round so stranger things have happened before in football so go Lions goððª

Yes, when SG win the frist Tiger cup. You saw the only winning goal you want to laugh. Is pitty that Vietnam didn't win the cup in their home ground. Thai and Indo try to avoid Vietnam both team kelong at the end knock out in Semi. So Vietnam are hot favourite. But Sasi use his back to score the only goal and break many Vietnamese heart. Can Lion can be so lucky again? Who know?

Later today 4.30pm Spore vs Thailand - which TV ch will show live huh ?

I believe can watch from youtube. 

Yes, when SG win the frist Tiger cup. You saw the only winning goal you want to laugh. Is pitty that Vietnam didn't win the cup in their home ground. Thai and Indo try to avoid Vietnam both team kelong at the end knock out in Semi. So Vietnam are hot favourite. But Sasi use his back to score the only goal and break many Vietnamese heart. Can Lion can be so lucky again? Who know?

Its different. That 1998 squad is defensively strong, though it doesn't score lots of goals. 

Saw the odds in Spools.

Thais to win : 1.20

Spore to win : whopping 8.50.

Kind of reflective of the current state of SG football standard.

Whatever happen to our GOAL 2010 target....haha.

• Praise 1

I believe can watch from youtube. 

Its different. That 1998 squad is defensively strong, though it doesn't score lots of goals. 

Youtube should be available if you try Thai Channel 7. 

Only thing is commentary will be in Thai.

• Praise 1

Youtube should be available if you try Thai Channel 7.

Only thing is commentary will be in Thai.

Look like Lion formation is 9-1. Mean 1 striker and 9 defenders. But how long can they last?

Spore parked 10 x SBS bus infront of goal post... zzzzzzzz

Lion park a bus. Thai didn't play well too. They just waiting for our defenders to make mistake. Let see Kiatisuk have any tactic to break Lion defend in 2nd half.

Singapore lost 0-1 to a headed 89th min goal. Sickening cos we had some chances to win the match on counter attacks but lack of composure n poor finishing cost us. I suppose Thailand deserve their win n looks like we will be out in the group stages....

• Praise 6

Lion pay the price for not concentration in last few minute.

Wondering why high ball winner Daniel Bennett was not there.

Goal scorer Sarawut heading the ball into the net without any challenge.

Next match is a must win match. But I don't think they can beat Indo.

• Praise 1

As Philippines drew with Indonesia last night, Lions still stand a chance.
Beat Indonesia and provide Philippines don't beat Thailand, we are through as runners up. Tall order admittedly as we have been goal shy but at least a chance, good luck guys!!

• Praise 4

A team must score in order to win a match. Never heard of anyone winning by not conceding. 

Singapore lost 0-1 to a headed 89th min goal. Sickening cos we had some chances to win the match on counter attacks but lack of composure n poor finishing cost us. I suppose Thailand deserve their win n looks like we will be out in the group stages....

A team must score in order to win a match. Never heard of anyone winning by not conceding. 

Yes agreed on that.

To be fair to Sundram, Philippines and Thailand are stronger than us; so he played it tight at the back and hope to hit on the counter. The sending off in the Philippines game meant counters were few and far between so it was a good point gained.

However for yesterday's match, we had ample opportunities to score as the Thais backline played too high up and their CBs were not very solid and they were there for the taking but our finishing was poor and ultimately paid the price so we have to change our ways for the Indo game. That said, our forward line is goal shy perhaps lack of confidence and composure I don't know but it's now or never I'm afraid.

• Praise 3

it is difficult to. accept we failed badly but we shoukd face it and start working on it rather than trying to salvage using short cuts to get quick result.

1st is to sack the entire FAS. the new team must not involve people not in soccer. be transparent in whatever they do and selection.

we do not require elp player if we cant even beat Vietnam or thailand. wait till we reach their standard then we look at asia cup.

• Praise 1