Are China car manufacturers (almost) catching up?

Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

I don't think the Chinese manufacturers have caught up,  with rust found on a Chery A1.

Modern cars are built with galvanised steel and should not rust.

post-27974-0-74308500-1488619543_thumb.jpg

(edited)

We skip making cars and making military armored vehicles instead.

More like we decide to print certificates that offer the best ROI ever.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

The steering wheel I see from some other models before. They just copy here and there from other makes.

Copy is old fashion,mostly they Merger and buy technology.

Edited by jeniffer007

It is from Koenigsegg

1.6-liter ‘camless’ engine delivers 230 hp in Qoros 3

tech from Koenigsegg. Build and adopted by China.

Have you seen any recent innovative adoption from Proton lately ?

Same for TATA. bought Jag but I dont see much jump in sales and tech. I do see a step back in quality

Edited by Sdf4786k

China has trained some of the best industrial designers there, expecting their product to catch up. 

Our national structure does not favour any engineering developments. Innovation is frowned upon and any attempts to uphold or advocate respect for any locally for our local people will be quickly put down. So if any Singaporeans would like to thrive in the automotive industry will have to do it overseas. Even Thailand and Indonesia are better options.

Our national structure does not favour any engineering developments. Innovation is frowned upon and any attempts to uphold or advocate respect for any locally for our local people will be quickly put down. So if any Singaporeans would like to thrive in the automotive industry will have to do it overseas. Even Thailand and Indonesia are better options.

But isn't innovation one of the reasons that we re so successful?

So as what you have said,which I do also agree, this is what that could happen:

Singapore will become uncompetitive and may faltering face of burgeoning economies in SEA

Singapore becomes sick man of Asia

However, I seriously hope that the government can support the local car decision one day. I hope to drive a national car one day.

Maybe why could happen is that foreign made cars are subject to another 50% in taxes as to encourage sales in local cars etc?

I believe despite our size, if we could encourage everyone to buy local, the market demand will be a huge one.

The local car can also comply with government objectives by automating most steps with little human labour required.

But isn't innovation one of the reasons that we re so successful?

So as what you have said,which I do also agree, this is what that could happen:

Singapore will become uncompetitive and may faltering face of burgeoning economies in SEA

Singapore becomes sick man of Asia

However, I seriously hope that the government can support the local car decision one day. I hope to drive a national car one day.

Maybe why could happen is that foreign made cars are subject to another 50% in taxes as to encourage sales in local cars etc?

I believe despite our size, if we could encourage everyone to buy local, the market demand will be a huge one.

The local car can also comply with government objectives by automating most steps with little human labour required.

1. due to the high manufacturing costs in SG, the local produced car will still be expensive

2. by encouraging the people to buy local car, it goes against garment's aim of carlite and control of traffic congestion

3. garment will lose tax income due to less cars imported

4. our local cars will also not be popular in other countries due to potential high cost

5. small market in SG to justify buildup costs

• Praise 3

The possible way to encourage Carlite is to remove the brand of prestige on a car.

Make people think that a car is a washing machine so that people will not be so fascinated by cars.

This could potentially boost their efforts on reducing car population as people dump their cars by making it more difficult to drive a car in the city in particular

Use automation to reduce human staff

Use price advantage from high degree of automation to sell cars at rock bottom prices.

As such , the local car serves the world,not us only.

The possible way to encourage Carlite is to remove the brand of prestige on a car.

Make people think that a car is a washing machine so that people will not be so fascinated by cars.

This could potentially boost their efforts on reducing car population as people dump their cars by making it more difficult to drive a car in the city in particular

Use price advantage from high degree of automation to sell cars at rock bottom prices.

if everyone thinks a car is a washing machine, then we ourselves are machines haha... and MCF will close down... 

garment is currently trying to expand MRT and bus network, increase frequency of MRTs and buses, improve the reliability of the public transport system so that more people will take public transport and car growth can remain at 0%... as some MCFers have mentioned, garment may implement negative car growth in the near future. 

the current car manufacturing process is already highly automated (dont talk about Bentley etc haha)... SG will not be able to gain an advantage over other car makers in such a short time... 

much as i would also like to see a locally made car, i dont think it makes sense for our garment to do so. 

For mass produced car, it is too late for Singapore.  Lack of economies of scale.

For hi end sports car, it is still possible if we have Elon Musk of Singapore.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nargessbanks/2017/12/09/meet-mclaren-senna/#28353e931fe0

Edited by Davidtch
↡ Advertisement