• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

Superyandao
  • Superyandao
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

g.png

I drive a honda ridgeline pickup truck and my wife drive a honda civic. I've been looking for a decent jumpstarter that would be powerful enough for both of our vehicles. Rather then having 2 various models it just seemed easier to get two identical units. After reading reviews on several various jump-starters I opted for this model.

Now the most negative thing I could find about this thing was it lacked a flat charger so you couldn't leave it plugged in. For me that's not even a factor, after all I bought this to charge it and then put it in the trunk of my wifes car and in the cargo area of my truck. I don't intend on leaving this plugged in. So if you plan on using this HOW IT IS DESIGNED then you too don't even need to worry about the lack of a float charger.

That being said, the unit itself is a bit heavy, imagine picking up really big battery, that's essentially what this is. It has some weight to it.

The jumpstarter itself also features an interesting little light that pivots as well as an air compressor. I've heard/read back reviews on the air compressor, for me it's not why I bought it. But initial checks it looks like it works fine and even has somewhere to store the air hose which is really nice.

The one negative I have on this thing is the power switch for the air compressor is on the back and is not protected. In other words it could in theory be flipped on and drain the battery. So when you need to jump your car the starter would be dead. I wish they put a cover or moved the switch but honestly it would take a perfect mistake for that to get turned on so it's really not that critical. To prevent this from potentially happening I actually went down to Target and bought 2 milk crates,one for me and one for my wife. I put a jump starter, first aid kit, oil, etc in the crate so it's essentially the roadside emergency crate and also protects the jumpstarter from getting knocked around and/or turned on.

Overall I spent $140 total on 2 of these and I'm really happy with the quality. They charge overnight easily, the indicator lights show you the charge remaining on the battery and it has power ports for 12volt and USB which is an added bonus.

If you need a jumpstarter I would definitely consider this one.

51x1IIIvo1L.jpg

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

is a bit oversize in nowadays fashion... [:p]

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

g.png

I drive a honda ridgeline pickup truck and my wife drive a honda civic. I've been looking for a decent jumpstarter that would be powerful enough for both of our vehicles. Rather then having 2 various models it just seemed easier to get two identical units. After reading reviews on several various jump-starters I opted for this model.

Now the most negative thing I could find about this thing was it lacked a flat charger so you couldn't leave it plugged in. For me that's not even a factor, after all I bought this to charge it and then put it in the trunk of my wifes car and in the cargo area of my truck. I don't intend on leaving this plugged in. So if you plan on using this HOW IT IS DESIGNED then you too don't even need to worry about the lack of a float charger.

That being said, the unit itself is a bit heavy, imagine picking up really big battery, that's essentially what this is. It has some weight to it.

The jumpstarter itself also features an interesting little light that pivots as well as an air compressor. I've heard/read back reviews on the air compressor, for me it's not why I bought it. But initial checks it looks like it works fine and even has somewhere to store the air hose which is really nice.

The one negative I have on this thing is the power switch for the air compressor is on the back and is not protected. In other words it could in theory be flipped on and drain the battery. So when you need to jump your car the starter would be dead. I wish they put a cover or moved the switch but honestly it would take a perfect mistake for that to get turned on so it's really not that critical. To prevent this from potentially happening I actually went down to Target and bought 2 milk crates,one for me and one for my wife. I put a jump starter, first aid kit, oil, etc in the crate so it's essentially the roadside emergency crate and also protects the jumpstarter from getting knocked around and/or turned on.

Overall I spent $140 total on 2 of these and I'm really happy with the quality. They charge overnight easily, the indicator lights show you the charge remaining on the battery and it has power ports for 12volt and USB which is an added bonus.

If you need a jumpstarter I would definitely consider this one.

51x1IIIvo1L.jpg

Bro, you got it from Amazon.com?

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So big!
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have these 2 in car.. both add up smaller tan the Stanley unit.. that's for powering up a truck or tank?

Attached Thumbnails

• noco_genius_boost_safe_lithium_jump_starter_minvan_jump_start.jpg
  • k2-_75bc2319-a823-4d69-8ec4-38d6002d7dc0.v1.jpg

有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Here is one top range battery jump starter for professional from Schumacher UK.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

GuangFengShen
  • GuangFengShen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Here is a handheld jump starter for diesel truck, pls check the linkļ¼š

http://www.car-ku.co...EPOWER-99A.html

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

SK Garage

SK Garage  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Civic-lians  |  Neutral Newbie

Professional advice was always given on what to do and what not to. I am always satisfied with how the service advisor assists me and downtime that was taken to complete the process. Definitely thumb up for the job done! SK garage Jonathan manages to gain my trust. Keep up the excellent work and effort! » Read More

Kaizen Motors Pte Ltd

Kaizen Motors Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by WayneEn  |  Neutral Newbie

Provide me with lots knowledgeable on car, always educating well and sourcing for solutions on car matters, provide alot of the of services( Lta compliant, insurance,car parts, car checks, lobangs ) make sure car are in healthy condition.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, engine, tires, wheel and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users