2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

Just collected my new Exclusive E Class yesterday then realised mine is e small screen which not those 12.3 inches screen that I saw during launched in MBS. Disappointing sigh....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Just collected my new Exclusive E Class yesterday then realised mine is e small screen which not those 12.3 inches screen that I saw during launched in MBS. Disappointing sigh....

Congrats bro! Can you post the picture of the screen? tkx u
  • Praise 1

the se should have informed you about the small screen b4 signing

W213 in China

post-16870-0-76720300-1474178516_thumb.jpg

Did you ask whether your new car got those screen b4 you sign it?

I didn't ask n assumed as what I saw and I will get.

How to post pic from my album?

expected from C&C, you will never get nice screen for base model unless buy higher spec

maybe after 2 years they will introduce base model with large screen

• Praise 1

expected from C&C, you will never get nice screen for base model unless buy higher spec

maybe after 2 years they will introduce base model with large screen

They only offer 3 models, n I went for Exclusive which is 8k more than Avantgarde, and I'm getting full nappa leather, rear wheels 18x275 vs front wheel 18x235 n bigger brakes kit but without 12.3 inches big screen. Sigh....
  • Praise 2

They only offer 3 models, n I went for Exclusive which is 8k more than Avantgarde, and I'm getting full nappa leather, rear wheels 18x275 vs front wheel 18x235 n bigger brakes kit but without 12.3 inches big screen. Sigh....

Went with my friend to sign up one at MBS too but we didnt notice on the screen. I got no money if not I also sign one! haha

• Praise 3

i think it is possible to retrofit the big screen since it is just 1 big panel

That is why i dont buy car that just launch. i alway buy when they about to phase out. reasons

1. design may still be unstable for new one

2. pay premium just to be the first few to own it.

3. usually the lowest spec when they just launch

4. going to phase model usually has good discount to clear stock like close door sale

• Praise 8

Might have to change the entire dashboard. Could be looking at 10k

SE told me big screen is optional, need Extra 11k top up. If at 10k I still save 1k as well as my waiting time too.

SE told me big screen is optional, need Extra 11k top up. If at 10k I still save 1k as well as my waiting time too.

That number i pluck from the air hor.

With retrofit big screen, it does not mean that you will get better price when you sell later.

That is why i dont buy car that just launch. i alway buy when they about to phase out. reasons

1. design may still be unstable for new one

2. pay premium just to be the first few to own it.

3. usually the lowest spec when they just launch

4. going to phase model usually has good discount to clear stock like close door sale

1, W213 taken them 48mths to develop n well tested b4 they put it on e road. Unlike Samsung Note 7 hor lol

2, I enjoyed 8k extra discount on launching.

3, basically whatever standard items are there will be there. Anything extra u need to top up. Even in McDonald's u need to upsize to get more.

4, I enjoy going for new launch like my CLA 3yrs ago. Now just nice on E Class for replacement. Good discount on clearing stock may be yes. But e biggest factor is COE price that plays e part.

Abv just my personal opinion.

1, W213 taken them 48mths to develop n well tested b4 they put it on e road. Unlike Samsung Note 7 hor lol

2, I enjoyed 8k extra discount on launching.

3, basically whatever standard items are there will be there. Anything extra u need to top up. Even in McDonald's u need to upsize to get more.

4, I enjoy going for new launch like my CLA 3yrs ago. Now just nice on E Class for replacement. Good discount on clearing stock may be yes. But e biggest factor is COE price that plays e part.

Abv just my personal opinion.

You said you were disappointed with the smaller screen unlike those at the launch...that's why others came in with their personal opinions too.

If you have left it at "I have taken delivery of the new E class"...I'm sure ppl will come in to congratulate you.

Buy car need ppl to endorse meh?

That number i pluck from the air hor.

With retrofit big screen, it does not mean that you will get better price when you sell later.

Yes. Even don't get better price by then, but at least I feel better now. Anyway selling will likely be 3 yrs later only if C&C launch another total brand new model.

Btw do u know by using brand new car, u don't lose as much compare to own a 2nd hand car.

My CLA200 3yrs depre only 16k per yr, n yet zero servicing fee I paid. Didn't even finish my 3k service credit after my 3 times 15k km serving at 3rd 45k km done b4 I traded in. pickup service still left with 2 trips unused. Of coz u need to hv enough vitamin M to start off with. That's y I took 3 yrs loan to pay off my previous CLA, n apply e same on my E Class waiting for e next 3 yrs on their new model to launch.

You said you were disappointed with the smaller screen unlike those at the launch...that's why others came in with their personal opinions too.

If you have left it at "I have taken delivery of the new E class"...I'm sure ppl will come in to congratulate you.

Buy car need ppl to endorse meh?

Just shared my feeling n hope others can benefit from my sharing n set their expectation right to avoid disappointment like myself.
↡ Advertisement