2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

E-class review in TODAY: http://www.todayonline.com/lifestyle/cars/e-electronic

I love the first sentence: "This country has a love affair with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class." ....So true!

The car in the article is in Exclusive trim? I haven't seen one in real life, those I've seen are all PI.

It used to be that Avantgarde was the highest but now it seems Exclusive is 8k more than Avantgarde... and the grille matters. I think a lot of towkays still buy the Mercedes for its traditional grille.

26988760.JPG?itok=SYhz3iTh

• Praise 1

The car in the article is in Exclusive trim? I haven't seen one in real life, those I've seen are all PI.

It used to be that Avantgarde was the highest but now it seems Exclusive is 8k more than Avantgarde... and the grille matters. I think a lot of towkays still buy the Mercedes for its traditional grille.

Yes. 8k more on Exclusive beside e grille, also with full nappa leather, wider rear wheels & sport rims design difference too.

In short beside e looks of towkay, also e looks of S Class already worth more than 8k, let aside all those extra added.

Yes. 8k more on Exclusive beside e grille, also with full nappa leather, wider rear wheels & sport rims design difference too.

In short beside e looks of towkay, also e looks of S Class already worth more than 8k, let aside all those extra added.

but the actual exclusive does not come with this rim. 

With the standing three points star, sibei ah pek, imho, I had to spend more money last time to buy the Avantgarde, now you have to pay more instead? Taste and design really evolving all the time.

I still prefer the standing star.. without that doesnt seems to be complete. it is like the roll royce standing icon

• Praise 1

thanks.. i always thought is 50% of omv.. and the 50% is after the CEVS.

It  ARF paid . 50% refund.

Car cert will list down the OMV price and ARF price.

Not the OMV 54550 and get back 35095 at e end of 10yrs. 

Not exceeding 5 years 75% of ARF paid Above 5 but not exceeding 6 years 70% of ARF paid Above 6 but not exceeding 7 years 65% of ARF paid Above 7 but not exceeding 8 years 60% of ARF paid Above 8 but not exceeding 9 years 55% of ARF paid Above 9 but not exceeding 10 years 50% of ARF paid Above 10 years Nil

Edited by LIMHH
  • Praise 1

Anyone feel that the handling of the e class is still far away from the 5 series ?

I was deciding between the 2 last year. The 5 is definitely a better drive but the E is very good in terms of build (nothing broke down in my 1 plus years of ownership. Hope the W213 comes with lesser body roll, which I have managed to minimize after a while.

Decided on E as scared of BMW gear box, think the 7G is a lot more reliable, especially the latter batch. This is based on my survey of friends/ colleagues driving both cars, may not be true.

I still prefer the standing star.. without that doesnt seems to be complete. it is like the roll royce standing icon

Agree . The 3 point star is like a remote control ; go condo barrier will automatically open for you , no need change pass. 

• Praise 1

Agree . The 3 point star is like a remote control ; go condo barrier will automatically open for you , no need change pass. 

eeeeeeeehhhhhhh.. how come you also think the same.. hahaha cos they thought u taxi la... maxi cab

• Praise 3

With the standing three points star, sibei ah pek, imho, I had to spend more money last time to buy the Avantgarde, now you have to pay more instead? Taste and design really evolving all the time.

I've checked with 2 PI - good news, both said they can add the standing star easily (can be FOC) on Avantgarde, 

provided you can accept with a default big star on grille too...

Need to change grille and front bumper if really want to look like S class/traditional Merc grille - but i guess this will not be cheap (and may not be worth)..

eeeeeeeehhhhhhh.. how come you also think the same.. hahaha cos they thought u taxi la... maxi cab

Hahaha how true!

Recently I gave my friends a lift to a commercial building.

Think the tenants were waiting for the arrival of some VIPs.

The moment they saw my car, they rushed out to welcome my friends by opening the car door for them. The look on their face was priceless after they found out their mistakes.

KNN I is become the driver [laugh]

• Praise 3

I've checked with 2 PI - good news, both said they can add the standing star easily (can be FOC) on Avantgarde,

Need to change grille and front bumper if really want to look like S class/traditional Merc grille - but i guess this will not be cheap (and may not be worth)..

Cannot la, look very weird with both big and small star. Every time I see one I cringe a little.

Thanks but no thanks, 2 three pointed star is really too loud, hence I paid a little more for the Avantgarde. And of course for the lights.

Cannot la, look very weird with both big and small star. Every time I see one I cringe a little.

hehe...like this one?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=537217&DL=1120

Thanks but no thanks, 2 three pointed star is really too loud, hence I paid a little more for the Avantgarde. And of course for the lights.

yes, avantgarde previous E class front LED lights v beautiful! Good choice.

↡ Advertisement