2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

anyway, wait for the quote ba.

just curious, what is the thing that 250 have over the 200 that you are driving?

Based on one of our bro qouted here, E250 higher HP of coz, plus big monitor screen, apple car play n backseat foldable. I may drop by this weekend to check on more details. Also wish to find out e diff in between Exclusive vs Advangarde.

Lesson learned after my preluanch booking. Only realised my E200 Exclusive was so bare on e day of collection of my car.

My previous CLA200 was prebooked too, that at least met my expectation with 60/40 foldable backseat plus center armrest opening for u to reach e boot from backseat. Didnt expect E200 100k more is so bare vs CLA200.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Based on one of our bro qouted here, E250 higher HP of coz, plus big monitor screen, apple car play n backseat foldable. I may drop by this weekend to check on more details. Also wish to find out e diff in between Exclusive vs Advangarde.

Lesson learned after my preluanch booking. Only realised my E200 Exclusive was so bare on e day of collection of my car.

My previous CLA200 was prebooked too, that at least met my expectation with 60/40 foldable backseat plus center armrest opening for u to reach e boot from backseat. Didnt expect E200 100k more is so bare vs CLA200.

for me i won't buy. its still the same car.

buying launch models means you very likely will pay a price premium.

out of the 270k u paid, do you know how much is MB's margin? easily 70k.

i find it hard to swallow the high margins charged by MB, BM and Audi. Volvo's margin is damn high also. i'm just talking about the luxury brands that the mass market will buy.

my friend's mini cooper s cost 167k. the cost of the car is only 120k thereabouts. 47k creamed off her just like that.

the current s60 t5 which i went to see, cost 114750, selling about 160k? about 45k in margin.

since ur car is so new, don't throw any more money for the incremental differences liao. 

i find it hard to swallow the high margins charged by MB, BM and Audi. Volvo's margin is damn high also. i'm just talking about the luxury brands that the mass market will buy.

my friend's mini cooper s cost 167k. the cost of the car is only 120k thereabouts. 47k creamed off her just like that.

the current s60 t5 which i went to see, cost 114750, selling about 160k? about 45k in margin.

since ur car is so new, don't throw any more money for the incremental differences liao. 

U mean C&C's margin on MB rather than MB's margin issit?

• Praise 1

U mean C&C's margin on MB rather than MB's margin issit?

ya. the margins from the ADs of MB, BMW, Audi, Volvo and other luxury makes that the mass market buys.

need to be so pedantic meh  [:p]

• Praise 1

Understand your good points, yes indeed all ADs out there are to make money, of coz our gov makes e most . However if u need a car be it B&B cars or luxury cars, u still need to pay for their overhead etc... otherwise just go for B.M.W.

Bus MRT Walk

Understand your good points, yes indeed all ADs out there are to make money, of coz our gov makes e most . However if u need a car be it B&B cars or luxury cars, u still need to pay for their overhead etc... otherwise just go for B.M.W.

Bus MRT Walk

There's a difference between 买得起 and 买的下.

For me, I can't do both. That's why I buy Japanese car that's on clearance

• Praise 1

Not realistic la. The moment you drove the car out of C&C the depreciation already 50K. Drove a few months, add 20K. Top up to E250 another 30k......

ð

Do share with us what you got in the end. You already got a good ride with E200 actually.

Cheers.

Yup, C&C's gross margin can be from $50-80K for the entry models (e.g. E200) and can go much higher to >$100K for each large-engined, or exotic, model that they sell.

This simply means that any brand new Merc driven out of C&C's collection centre would have depreciated by that same amount (C&C's gross margin ++) on that same hour/day!! :D

• Praise 1

You mentioned both affordability(买得起)and wilingness(买得下) to pay in a post here. Judging from the facts that he bought a prelaunch and so soon looking at another prelaunch, obviously he fits exactly the mentioned profile of being able to afford and willing to pay. He is just asking for opinions in the forum here to convince himself to change car. Dont dissuade him please. Haha. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

You mentioned both affordability(ä¹°å¾èµ·)and wilingness(ä¹°å¾ä¸) to pay in a post here. Judging from the facts that he bought a prelaunch and so soon looking at another prelaunch, obviously he fits exactly the mentioned profile of being able to afford and willing to pay. He is just asking for opinions in the forum here to convince himself to change car. Dont dissuade him please. Haha.

We need him to keep the economy churning. Heee. Sowfat, buy buy buy! Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

You mentioned both affordability(ä¹°å¾èµ·)and wilingness(ä¹°å¾ä¸) to pay in a post here. Judging from the facts that he bought a prelaunch and so soon looking at another prelaunch, obviously he fits exactly the mentioned profile of being able to afford and willing to pay. He is just asking for opinions in the forum here to convince himself to change car. Dont dissuade him please. Haha.

All opinions & ideals are welcome.

Can afford and willingness is all depend on e top up amount. Of coz I will not be a Robert for sure.

My CLA depreciation was 50k over 3 years b4 OT, all services cost was from service credit n zero amount was spent. If this 3 months old 200 to 250 cost me 50k unless I change my name to Robert.

If you really like it and feel you will be happier why not. When you go for luxury brands its already not a logical choice, just something that make you happy. If you done ur finance just do what ur heart tell u :)

• Praise 3

We need him to keep the economy churning. Heee. Sowfat, buy buy buy!

Yes, of coz when I make others money, I need to let ppl to make my money too, that helps our GDP growth.
  • Praise 1

If you really like it and feel you will be happier why not. When you go for luxury brands its already not a logical choice, just something that make you happy. If you done ur finance just do what ur heart tell u :)

Amen..

There is definitely an emotive component to car buying, much like the way we indulge in a luxury product, be it a nice pair of shoes, a bespoke jacket from Saville Row, otherwise we will all be driving Corollas  [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Nowadays, it is pointless to compute margin of German car.  You don't what's the real margin.

The 47k you mentioned is partially goes back to factory as marketing fee or whatever name.

So, it could be only 37k or 27k.  We don't know.

Nowadays, it is pointless to compute margin of German car. You don't what's the real margin.

The 47k you mentioned is partially goes back to factory as marketing fee or whatever name.

So, it could be only 37k or 27k. We don't know.

I knew u would reply on this margin theory of yours (as u have many times in many threads previously) which whilst I don't dispute doesn't really matter to us buyers.

As I have constantly replied to u, to most buyers, me included; it doesn't matter whether the margin is solely made by the AD, principal, middleman or whoever cos it is a margin made from our pockets. so divide it by 3, 2 or whatever it's is still a margin made from buyers pockets n that's the point actually.

Appreciate if u could spare us this post every time someone comes up with a post on margins. In short, some buyers do take in margins as a criteria when buying cars n we have to respect that. U may be right that the margin is being shared amongst several along the chain but majority of us don't really bother. Thank you.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 9

The gross margin from the sale of a car ought to be computed from the landed cost of importing the car into SG ... and for all intent and purposes, the OMV would be representative.

Thus the selling price - OMV - all import & registration taxes - COE = gross margin.

It can be all the distributor's, or split between distributor and the principal/manufacturer.

It don't matter to us buyers. Everything is in there!!

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

Nowadays, it is pointless to compute margin of German car.  You don't what's the real margin.

So, it could be only 37k or 27k.  We don't know.

the crux is not the real margin. it is not in my concern  :a-happy:

it's how much we know that we are paying over the cost of the car, and whether we are willing to do that.

i get a feeling that many folks look at affordability and willingness to pay based on the price quantum, depreciation or the monthly instalment. But if they know an additional factor, which is the gross margin, i feel it will affect their buying decision.

everyone has a certain level of tolerance of premium but i'm sure no one likes to be carroted  [:p]

it's like if you know a can of coke can be had for $1, i think $1.50 you will still pay lah cos its only a slight premium in absolute terms, but will you pay $4 for the same can of coke?

Or would you rather spend that $4 on a different drink that you feel is more worth it (like not easily available elsewhere, more "exotic" etc)?

Similarly, if you shortlisted 2 cars that you like almost equally, car A cost 250k but the margin earned is 80k, would you veer towards car B that cost 250k with 60k margin?

some will still go for Car A but it will mean that they have considered all factors and are willing to go for it, so we respect that choice but some will benefit with the additional knowledge of margins paid so that they can be sure they made the right choice.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 3

I knew u would reply on this margin theory of yours (as u have many times in many threads previously) which whilst I don't dispute doesn't really matter to us buyers.

As I have constantly replied to u, to most buyers, me included; it doesn't matter whether the margin is solely made by the AD, principal, middleman or whoever cos it is a margin made from our pockets. so divide it by 3, 2 or whatever it's is still a margin made from buyers pockets n that's the point actually.

Appreciate if u could spare us this post every time someone comes up with a post on margins. In short, some buyers do take in margins as a criteria when buying cars n we have to respect that. U may be right that the margin is being shared amongst several along the chain but majority of us don't really bother. Thank you.

There is 2 way around it: either factory sells you at current OMV (around 30k) or higher OMV (which you knows the consequences).

Mind you, go & config the same car in either Germany or UK.  See whether you are going to pay the same amount of $$$ or not.

Looking at the margin that we paid is pure 1 sided view.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1