2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

I have always wondered about the OMV of certain AD cars.

If you spec it up retail price using overseas sites, the OMV is usually much higher.

Do you have any more information on how is the OMV determined for a car we import ourselves vs AD?

I have always been told my info is wrong.

OMV of cars imported by subsidiary of the brand is always more competitive than retail price of country of origin.  The diff is always build into margin of sales price.  That's why margin is shared btw factory, importer & AD.

For self-import, i would think it is based on retail price.  It is up to custom to accept or not the declared OMV.  That's why it is very hard for individual to prove to custom for deep discounted price (like 30% off)

↡ Advertisement

HiHi , Newbie in the forum ... Actually not quite sure if this is the place to ask these questions...

My dad is looking at buying his first E class .. Had been Volvo ardent fan all his life ... finally he decided on a change ... so here goes

1) If PI offers a price that is 20K cheaper than CnC , with complimentary sunroof and led panel .. is it worth it to give up the warranty from CnC ?

2) Is there any recommended PI for Mercedes ?

Please tell me / direct me to the right thread if this is not the right one ...

:)

AD will throw in other freebies such as servicing, sealant, car valet, dashcam etc. These could be worth anything from 6-8k depending on your deal.

So in a nutshell I would not do it if price difference is 20k cos you are essentially buying a second hand car from PI. I need more than 40k difference to even consider.

AD will throw in other freebies such as servicing, sealant, car valet, dashcam etc. These could be worth anything from 6-8k depending on your deal.

So in a nutshell I would not do it if price difference is 20k cos you are essentially buying a second hand car from PI. I need more than 40k difference to even consider.

Ok .. they only mention the led and the sunroof.

The CnC sales just came .. she was saying about cases of PI cars having problem because of the car imported engine is for suplur free petrol ( only used in UK) , where else Singapore have no such petrol thus now got 7 cases fighting about whose fault is this ... Anyone heard of such cases ?

HiHi , Newbie in the forum ... Actually not quite sure if this is the place to ask these questions...

My dad is looking at buying his first E class .. Had been Volvo ardent fan all his life ... finally he decided on a change ... so here goes

1) If PI offers a price that is 20K cheaper than CnC , with complimentary sunroof and led panel .. is it worth it to give up the warranty from CnC ?

For $20K savings, go buy from C&C lah.

It's fine if you don't believe.

Most PI workshops do not have STAR Diagnostic tool.

Some claim they have, but will never let you see it ... it's always somewhere at the back

Some claim they have, but when asked to demonstrate during servicing to trace a fault ... they can be at it for 45 mins and yet couldn't get it to work ... claiming that your engine version is not compatible and that they will need to "download" later

• Praise 1

20k savings on a big purchase ..

Better to get peace of mind and buy from CnC.

Agreed. Cnc has been generous to declare high omv for the latest batch of w213

e200 avantgarde-54533

e200 exclusive-57127

e200 amg-56013

e300 amg-67861

• Praise 1

Get the full list of equipment from PI and compare spec by spec with the closest CnC model. 

Just a few questions to set you thinking:

- sunroof panoramic or normal single pane ones? 

-what LED panel? 

- headlamps Halogen.? HID? LED? Intelligent Lighting? 

-Audio 20? Comand? 

- distronic plus? Blind spot monitor?  Lane departure? 

- airmatic vs standard springs

- thermatic vs thermotronic? 

- keyless entry but got keyless start too? 

- kick open boot? 

Don't have to answer me,  find out for yourself. 

Merc is one of the brands that PI loves cos the cars tend to have endless configurations to smudge and hoodwink the unsuspecting. 

Caveat emptor. 

My dad is looking at buying his first E class .. Had been Volvo ardent fan all his life ... finally he decided on a change ... so here goes

• Praise 2

Agreed. Cnc has been generous to declare high omv for the latest batch of w213

e200 avantgarde-54533

e200 exclusive-57127

e200 amg-56013

e300 amg-67861

Not bad.

My dad is looking at buying his first E class .. Had been Volvo ardent fan all his life ... finally he decided on a change ... so here goes

Hi Ying Ying - see other mcf reply, quite good pointers

Just to add 

- went to a few PI, almost all of them did not offer rear blinds (auto), rear window side blinds (manual) - this is apparently standard for C&C 

- some have command, some none

- most PI offers panaromic roof (or standard sunroof for exclusive) - this is a few K options for C&C (with long waiting time)

- PI cars seems no 9G tronic emblem at the rear boot (R side)

- some PI offer burmester and widescreen cockpit which is good (C&C burmester is standard only for E300AMG, and widescreen cockpit standard for E250 and above).

• Praise 2

Get the full list of equipment from PI and compare spec by spec with the closest CnC model. 

Just a few questions to set you thinking:

- sunroof panoramic or normal single pane ones? 

-what LED panel? 

- headlamps Halogen.? HID? LED? Intelligent Lighting? 

-Audio 20? Comand? 

- distronic plus? Blind spot monitor?  Lane departure? 

- airmatic vs standard springs

- thermatic vs thermotronic? 

- keyless entry but got keyless start too? 

- kick open boot? 

Don't have to answer me,  find out for yourself. 

Merc is one of the brands that PI loves cos the cars tend to have endless configurations to smudge and hoodwink the unsuspecting. 

Caveat emptor. 

Wow .. for someone who don't even know how to pump petrol .. I think im lost in like Christmas island ..

we never ask so much .. they say sunroof .. we goes oohhh sunroof ... they say led panel , we assume its the panel that tells us the odometer etc .. the rest .. I totally duno ... ok .. in a nut shell .. get from cnc

Hi Ying Ying - see other mcf reply, quite good pointers

Just to add 

- went to a few PI, almost all of them did not offer rear blinds (auto), rear window side blinds (manual) - this is apparently standard for C&C 

- some have command, some none

- most PI offers panaromic roof (or standard sunroof for exclusive) - this is a few K options for C&C (with long waiting time)

- PI cars seems no 9G tronic emblem at the rear boot (R side)

- some PI offer burmester and widescreen cockpit which is good (C&C burmester is standard only for E300AMG, and widescreen cockpit standard for E250 and above).

yup .. and so I gathered .. since we duno how dark the alley is of the PI , I better walk into CnC and ask them to take my money .. haha :) It just so sad that their waiting time is so so so so so long ...

Thanks peeps for the help !!

• Praise 1

Wow .. for someone who don't even know how to pump petrol .. I think im lost in like Christmas island ..

we never ask so much .. they say sunroof .. we goes oohhh sunroof ... they say led panel , we assume its the panel that tells us the odometer etc .. the rest .. I totally duno ... ok .. in a nut shell .. get from cnc

yup .. and so I gathered .. since we duno how dark the alley is of the PI , I better walk into CnC and ask them to take my money .. haha :) It just so sad that their waiting time is so so so so so long ...

Is the waiting time long for the e200 or e250

Volvo fan should buy S90, beats the E class according to ST.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/the-new-volvo-s90-is-this-years-straits-times-car-of-the-year

I got my C&C E200 Exclusive was priced at $272,888 during launch, with early bird, overtrade cum SE discount. My effective price was @ $250k, on top of this effective price, still come with 24x pick up service, 4x nano paint protection, 4x interior & upholstery cleaning, 4x aircon cleaning & servicing , 1x battery change, 2x front brake & 1x rear brake and $5.8k service credit etc... Not sure with all e abv, what is the total add up value? It could worth 20 to 30k based on C&C service listed price. Just take it as 20k, my Exclusive E200 will be as good as only $230k. Again if less 20k adoption fee! It become $210k.

Btw what is the PI price on Exclusive E200? Based on e same spec as my C&C E200 that come with BBK, interior full nappa leather, wider rear wheels size 275/40/18 etc.... Anyway I didn't compare with PI price when I did my booking.

May also consider new 5 Series too, is launching soon.

I got my C&C E200 Exclusive was priced at $272,888 during launch, with early bird, overtrade cum SE discount. My effective price was @ $250k, on top of this effective price, still come with 24x pick up service, 4x nano paint protection, 4x interior & upholstery cleaning, 4x aircon cleaning & servicing , 1x battery change, 2x front brake & 1x rear brake and $5.8k service credit etc... Not sure with all e abv, what is the total add up value? It could worth 20 to 30k based on C&C service listed price. Just take it as 20k, my Exclusive E200 will be as good as only $230k. Again if less 20k adoption fee! It become $210k.

Btw what is the PI price on Exclusive E200? Based on e same spec as my C&C E200 that come with BBK, interior full nappa leather, wider rear wheels size 275/40/18 etc.... Anyway I didn't compare with PI price when I did my booking.

May also consider new 5 Series too, is launching soon.

You sounded like a happy CnC customer. My dad also bought the e200 exclusive at that price and almost same freebies thrown in a week after the launch.

But he went to vincar with me and saw the e class there, he regretted not buying from them though their specs are quite low, cause most of the features like suction doors and rear/side blinds that the CnC unit has arent really use by him. For some reason, he love the leathers on the PI unit. I'm not sure what leather is it, I personally preferred the nappa leather on his unit. Their omv was about 8k lower than the CnC unit, but the led display that cost 15k for the CnC unit is a standard for the one in Vincar.

It was about 220k. The only savings he had from CnC was the 8k discount. The 12k over trade was a joke when they low balled the trade in for his jag like hell. Basically I saw the asking price of his jag on sgcarmart afterwards and they were asking 128k when they offered only 90k + 12k for the over trade. I know some of you may say that's just the asking price, and nobody knows how low the transacted price go for. But personally, I don't think republic auto willing to let buyers bargain alot from their price. Keep saying jag very difficult to sell, but it was "sold" in less than 2weeks.

Just my ranting though. We only got a choice of being safe with AD or being fearful with PI in Singapore.

• Praise 3

So does it mean that if we have the same specs, the savings from going PI are not much?

I think it really depends on whether the unit is special indent for that specs or whether the PI's supplier already has ready stocks for the high spec unit.

I was told that the supplier from UK and hk will also charge the PI "special indent charges if there is requirement for one.

↡ Advertisement