Camry Teen driver in crash with cab

Mockngbrd

maybe he using slick tyres.....nowadays wet and slippery.......hahaya! Should tell all this racers wannabe want to play corner get a stick shift......

Already say mother's Camry liao. No servicing done, comfort tyres used, unequal weight distribution (with all the vegetable baskets and barang barang inside)...

At least use father's car mah... always rush home from "late night appointments" confirm well serviced and have performance tyres, maybe got tuned and Bilstein springs.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

If 19 yr old hormome raging teens drives at 40 kmh their insurance excess will not be 3.5k .

Edited by F355
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Either he is lying about the speed or he hit the kerb or something else. I saw a suzuki swift spin at around 50km/h also. He cornering and went too near the kerb and one wheel hit the kerb causing the whole car to spin lo.

Already say mother's Camry liao. No servicing done, comfort tyres used, unequal weight distribution (with all the vegetable baskets and barang barang inside)...

At least use father's car mah... always rush home from "late night appointments" confirm well serviced and have performance tyres, maybe got tuned and Bilstein springs.

u believe mei? his story weird wan....skid at 40km/hr! 19yrs old....takes mother's car for a spin in the morning.....99 bends.....i myself will try to avoid that road unless i want to feel the thrill of playing corners!

hahaha no wonder hoots peepur la.... cannot go back fast fast hey-sho hey-sho

A teenager who took his mother's car out for a spin early on Sunday morning ended up crashing it into an oncoming taxi along South Buona Vista Road.

Sebastian Lum, 19, got beaten up over the accident. But instead of the taxi driver, the person who allegedly assaulted him was a passenger in the cab.

Mr Lum said that he was travelling at 40kmh and lost control of his car when he tried to negotiate a bend.

His white Toyota Camry spun and collided with a taxi on the two-lane road.

Stunned by the crash, the 19-year-old polytechnic student and his schoolmate remained strapped to their seats.

Just then, a middle-aged man exited the taxi, stomped towards Mr Lum and allegedly started throwing punches at him.

"I was too shocked to react and took a few punches from him. I later tried to fend off his blows with my hands," recalled Mr Lum, who had wound down his window earlier to enjoy the cool breeze. "He was hurling vulgarities at me, scolding me for not knowing how to drive and told me to go to jail."

His schoolmate Akshay Nitindhulia, 19, who was seated next to him, said: "We were in shock and were paralysed with fear."

Mr Akshay said the male passenger's female friend got out of the taxi and shouted at him to stop, but to no avail.

Mr Lum claimed the angry passenger stopped only when a group of about five motorcyclists stopped to ask if he needed help.

Police said they were informed about the accident at about 1.30am on Sunday. Officers established that the accident involved a car and a taxi, and two taxi passengers were taken to the National University Hospital.

The police confirmed that a report has been made about the incident, and said they are investigating. The maximum penalty for voluntarily causing hurt is a jail term of two years and a $5,000 fine.

The cabby, Chua Soo Tee, told The Straits Times he did not know why his passenger reacted so violently, and that he was stunned and got out of his taxi only after a few minutes to check on the damage. "It happened so fast. He got out of my car and went right up to the kid and punched him."

Mr Chua, 65, said he picked up the two passengers in Geylang and was taking them to Vista Park condominium in Buona Vista Road.

He noted that the road was wet and slippery, and is known as "99 turns" because of its many curves.

The crash - Mr Lum's first accident since he obtained his driving licence last December - damaged the front bumper of the Camry.

Mr Lum's mother, housewife Celine Tan, 54, said: "I don't understand why the passenger would hit my son. It's not our culture to do that. The taxi driver didn't do that. And why is he (the passenger) the one taken to the hospital in an ambulance when my son was the one...attacked?"

Die lah. Even 40 on that road also can lose control means no hope for abatement of the new anti-speeding measures. :D

Yeah right, "40". As if we were born yesterday. Boy-boy: if not zai in driving, don't speed like a cockster in mummy's car, OK? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Lying lah. How to spin at 40km/h. Car is hardly moving at that speed.

agree with u.

a car that can spin @ 40km/h must be made for ceremonial event like giving to ancestors.

I don't know how the ST photo so zhun, but the bugger really have a kiam pah face. Maybe that will be an adequate defence for the passenger who hoot him. :D

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement